Who is responsible for eHRPD?

Is it Sprint? Or is it the area vendor? Or someone else? I'm asking because the Charlotte market STILL doesn't have eHRPD and with a good mix of LTE and 3G towers, the handoff issues are extremely annoying.

Is it Sprint? Or is it the area vendor? Or someone else? I'm asking because the Charlotte market STILL doesn't have eHRPD and with a good mix of LTE and 3G towers, the handoff issues are extremely annoying.

We did actually have eHRPD for good while, but for the past few months there hasn't been a single lick of it in Charlotte for whatever reason. I too share the frustration that you are having, but you just have to remember, all you need to do is hit "Refresh" when going from LTE to 3G or vice versa and your problem is solved. Patience is a virtue :)

-Anthony

• Like 1

Pretty sure its Ericsson, which handles Sprint's day to day network operations and maintenance. The vendors Lucent and Samsung as well as Ericsson are the companies that are providing the equipment in their respected regions of Sprint's network for Network Vision.

eHRPD isn't the only issue now.  I've lost some 800 towers around here.  They've went back to 1900 only for the time being.  And a strange issue that just started happening is LTE on one side of my apartment building (east side) doesn't work, even though I've got a -96 dbm reading on SignalCheck.  If I got to my apartment, it works just fine (west side).  I have to change to CDMA/EvDo to get my data to work again.  Hopefully they straighten it out soon!

eHRPD isn't the only issue now.  I've lost some 800 towers around here.  They've went back to 1900 only for the time being.  And a strange issue that just started happening is LTE on one side of my apartment building (east side) doesn't work, even though I've got a -96 dbm reading on SignalCheck.  If I got to my apartment, it works just fine (west side).  I have to change to CDMA/EvDo to get my data to work again.  Hopefully they straighten it out soon!

I get a -105 LTE signal in my house, which is unusable, and I go outside and get a -110 LTe form the same Site and it works haha weird

I get a -105 LTE signal in my house, which is unusable, and I go outside and get a -110 LTe form the same Site and it works haha weird

The quality of your signal improved outdoors, yet the "volume" went down.  I can sometimes use a -130dBm signal with really high quality of signal.

Robert

• Like 1

It seems odd that Ericsson would be resposible for something in Alcatel Lucent market.

-Anthony

Before Network Vision, Ericsson Network Solutions won a contract to provide all the Network Management for Sprint.  And Clearwire too.  It is a different division of Ericsson than who is deploying Network Vision.  And Ericsson Network division still manages the Sprint network, even on Network Vision sites.  Alcatel Lucent is just a NV OEM.  Ericsson runs the whole Sprint network...at least for now.

Robert

• Like 6

It seems odd that Ericsson would be resposible for something in Alcatel Lucent market.

-Anthony

If a site goes down or has performance issues its Ericsson's responsibility to get it back up and running, regardless if the equipment is Alcatel Lucent or Samsung's.  

• Like 1

And more questions: Is eHRPD implemented at the MSC level, or the tower level? And is there a specific engineer/job position responsible for enabling it? Or is it just any Ericsson engineer that happens to be at the office that day? And is eHRPD at all dependent on legacy equipment? Our legacy vendor is Motorola. Thanks in advance.

And more questions: Is eHRPD implemented at the MSC level, or the tower level? And is there a specific engineer/job position responsible for enabling it? Or is it just any Ericsson engineer that happens to be at the office that day? And is eHRPD at all dependent on legacy equipment? Our legacy vendor is Motorola. Thanks in advance.

I encourage you to read the following which should help you better understand eHRPD.  

eHRPD EV-DO & LTE Interworking by Bill Chotiner "Ericsson CDMA Product Managment" 

• Like 2

Speaking of ehrpd does this make sense to anyone?5y6agu3e.jpg

I managed to get it connected once tonight after downgrading firmware on my EVO 4g LTE but after a reboot it won't connect to ehrpd data or LTE. Technically its connected to eHRPD but I don't get any 3g signal. It connected earlier tonight for a few hours after messing with radio modes.

redydaja.jpg

Gprs should say connected. It will only connect to evdo rev a...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Edited by gunfromsako

I have noticed in the West Michigan Market, Lansing and the surrounding area that I'm only getting EvDo in the last week or so when I drop into 3G areas.  Have been eHPRD for well over a year.

Well, if LTE 800 gets fired up everywhere then eHRPD is not even needed. :)

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

I thought eHRPD was turned off in markets with eCSFB issues to allow those with N5's, G2's, etc to connect to LTE before the market was 100% complete?

At least, this is EXACTLY what happened in Raleigh, down to the day. The day I first got LTE on my N5, was the last day I saw eHRPD in Raleigh.

I thought eHRPD was turned off in markets with eCSFB issues to allow those with N5's, G2's, etc to connect to LTE before the market was 100% complete?

At least, this is EXACTLY what happened in Raleigh, down to the day. The day I first got LTE on my N5, was the last day I saw eHRPD in Raleigh.

here in dc.. **on a nexus 5** i got eHRPD with & now w/o lte..

i had to kill lte to stabalize the native phone app on the nexus 5..

now i have no problems..

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/728468870

post-34129-0-26282300-1391748946_thumb.png

Edited by j'vai

After a full reboot, my ehrpd is back to normal. Not sure what happened. I had to disable LTE a few times doing speed tests for TRV escalations. Maybe that got it stuck on EvDo.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk