Network Vision/LTE - Central Illinois Market (Peoria, Springfield, Quincy, Bloomington/Normal, Terre Haute)

DaQue

Could anyone confirm or deny the new tower on Harris Ave. in Champaign is a Sprint tower? I watched a crew put it up a few weeks ago and all the equipment looks to be Sprint, Samsung hardware. Any thoughts?

Pictures would help confirm.

Still sad that Springfield (southeastern area by I55 and the power plant) still dont have LTE.  I travel there roughly once a month on business trip

Could anyone confirm or deny the new tower on Harris Ave. in Champaign is a Sprint tower? I watched a crew put it up a few weeks ago and all the equipment looks to be Sprint, Samsung hardware. Any thoughts?

I see your pictures. That is a Sprint/Samsung hardware. Where is it exactly?

Quote name="Dkoellerwx" post="325884" timestamp="1402208275"]I see your pictures. That is a Sprint/Samsung hardware. Where is it exactly?

near 1403 N Harris AveChampaign, IL 61820; it's in the gravel lot by the bus garage.

Also they have already trenched in the fiber conduit but i don't know if they connected anything yet. If you use Google maps you can see the tower. You can use street view too.

• Like 1

They are building these towers everywhere in champaign and vermilion county. I've seen the Harris Ave. Working on one in Savoy on 45 and curtis. Muncie (not live) and St Joe by 74 and sportsman pond. I was told champaign is to be a spark market and that it should be live by August

• Like 1

A friend said he had 4g for a couple of minutes near the corner of Neil and Windsor.   I went to check,  nothing.  Maybe they are still working on  a connection in the area.   Fingers crossed! 

Called spring today about dropped calls and no 3g. Apparently towers are having issues and being upgraded. Network vision 2.0? Supposed to get a call back Thursday from sprint about the status of the towers

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Called spring today about dropped calls and no 3g. Apparently towers are having issues and being upgraded. Network vision 2.0? Supposed to get a call back Thursday from sprint about the status of the towers

I haven't been getting 3G around town either, but I haven't seen any crews working on the sites lately??? I've only been getting 1x in most places and it's taking forever to place calls.........

EDIT: You are talking about champaign Urbana right?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I'm talking about CU. Best thing to do is call sprint and report it the more complaints the more likely they are to work on it sooner. Good luck getting as good a rep as I got she tried calling me back but kept getting my voice mail.

Yesterday I drove  by the tower by South Neil in Champaign.   (East of Neil and Devonshire)   no crew but there is fiber sticking up at the edge of property.   So,  it is not hooked up but, looks ready.   I did get over 2Mbps on 3g in South Champaign.   That has not happened before.   Usually it is ~0.30.

Edited by Phil

There are 3 towers down in CU and they are doing upgrades. I was told by sprint care Oklahoma call center that the 800 spectrum is tba but the 1.9 and 2.5 are to be live whenever they are done on these towers

• Like 1

There are 3 towers down in CU and they are doing upgrades. I was told by sprint care Oklahoma call center that the 800 spectrum is tba but the 1.9 and 2.5 are to be live whenever they are done on these towers

Did they tell you which towers?  I haven't seen crews anywhere lately.....

I just drove by all 3 towers mentioned.   No crews or signs of trenching.   However, I can confirm the entire area has NO data.   (that is only slightly worse than normal) 

• Like 3

Data off and on has been nonexistent since Tuesday for me. Stopped by the Sprint store on Prospect after work today. They told me multiple towers are being worked on 4 are down as of today. Told me Urbana will be first and LTE rollout is supposed to be done by late August.

Two devices in the store were showing LTE, but would revert to 3G or 1x if you tried to use browser. They had a customer's iPhone behind the counter because they couldn't even activate it at the time due to network issues.

• Like 1

I don't trust the sprint store the technician there has a lot of wrong info. I was able to prove him wrong just after 5 mins on the forum. I got more info from a call I got from a certain call center. She looked up deployment dates and all. Said the 1.9 and 2.5 data should be here late August fully deployed and operational but no word on the 800.

And the tower on Harris isn't sprint. Best way to check is read the sign on it. It will have the letters ch on it we are considered southern Chicago market.

If not Sprint then who? I was just wondering when I posted the pictures of the hardware; (The other user indicated that it was Sprint.) It all looks like the Samsung stuff Sprint uses. (Based on pictures from this website. ) Are other carriers deploying similar looking hardware in this area?