Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

Well hopefully it gets fixed quickly. I knew we wouldn't be able to connect to 800 and 2600, I never thought it would affect the 1900 as well. Kind of disappointing, but having 3 bands seems like it could turn into a competitive advantage. Fingers crossed.

i was gonna get the G2 for the 2600...(because if you was a premier sponsor you'd know why ;)  ;) ) .but then found out the phone was locked until an update... :td:  :td:  :td:  :td:

As far as the Bermuda, I don't doubt it, I've mapped it and my street is weak surrounded by strong signals.

I work next to the ballpark and look every day at the tower hoping I see some work...or 4G light up.

I was told 6 months by C.S.

2 things,

1 wait for the upgrades to get better....problem is that harrison and 21st has no hardware...but "should" be done i would guess by spring maybe...

2 dont ask them...tell them you want the air rave....

and it looks like you are in the middle (or there abouts) of 3 towers...bermuda triangle..lol

the above tower...one on the city building, and 4th street ball park.....probably closer to the downtown one

when 800 voice finally hits, it should be fine....

Hmm... tell them I want one, not a bad idea :)  As a plus though since all the leafs fell off the trees im not dropping as many calls.

But hopefully knowing that it's practiced to loan them out for free(I didn't even have to pay shipping) will give you some confidence in what you're asking for.

Look what I found by my home tower Posted Image

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

What city are you in?

I recall seeing some heavy activity in Orem weeks ago and no new 4G yet.

As far as the Bermuda, I don't doubt it, I've mapped it and my street is weak surrounded by strong signals.

I work next to the ballpark and look every day at the tower hoping I see some work...or 4G light up.

I was told 6 months by C.S.

the hardware part of the work is done...and has been since sept....

just waiting on the acceptance teams...my mom lives down the street

So I just drove by Logan and had 16.33 mbps down... it was beautiful.  :frantic:

Though I do wanted to ask, I live on Park blvd and Washington in Ogden and my signal seems a little less then optimal (non existent) Now im fairly certain that the reason is on the south of me is a 150-200 foot hill that holds the Ogden cemetery, and a few hundred 5-6 story tall tress that are messing with my signal (lead based paint may also be a factor in the house) But anyways, Sprint has been so helpful ( :wall:  :wall:  :wall: ) in offering me no reason other then their maps show I have service... and also that I drop less calls then my wife... as if thats a plus??? So how should I go about improving signal quality? If I call them 100+ times will they get annoyed and just give me one of those airaves? :azn:

Do you have line of sight to the tower at approx 18th and between wall and gibson?

Do you have line of sight to the tower at approx 18th and between wall and gibson?

yea did you not see my posts on the last page talking about which towers he would hit???

21st harrison, 4th street ball park, ogden city building, 25 & washington....

maybe, maybe, he could get a hit off the 1 on 21st and the flying j....

Theres not a sprint tower there.  Until improvements happen with 800 frequency I would try to get an airave.

Yeah I figured as much. The tower im connected to at home is the one on the Ogden City municipal building. I dont think Sprint has touched that tower with any kind of upgrades in a while. Probably waiting on permits to work on the top of the building where the tower is.  

Will triband phones such as the LG G2 pick up the current 3G Sprint network the best and any signal Sprint puts out the best? The reason I ask is because I'm going to try that phone when my contract is done and if its still not picking up the Sprint signal decently, I'm going to try another carrier. 

My closest tower is the Herriman tower on Brundisi Way and there are no towers in the Daybreak area. If the LG G2 can pick up signals in this area consistently and stronger than what I'm used to, I'll assume the LTE rollout will make it even better. 

Thoughts?

I have the G2 and cant connect to the nsl tower but this last weekend i drove to las vegas and had no problems connecting to the university parkway in provo and also the cedar city tower, while in vegas i never was able to hold a connection. Pretty disheartening, i hope they fix it soon because this phone is awesome.

I have the G2 and cant connect to the nsl tower but this last weekend i drove to las vegas and had no problems connecting to the university parkway in provo and also the cedar city tower, while in vegas i never was able to hold a connection. Pretty disheartening, i hope they fix it soon because this phone is awesome.

yeah its a known issue. hopefully a fix comes soon for the nexus 5/G2 users

yea did you not see my posts on the last page talking about which towers he would hit???

21st harrison, 4th street ball park, ogden city building, 25 & washington....

maybe, maybe, he could get a hit off the 1 on 21st and the flying j....

So maybe I skimmed your post ;-) 

I just took his address and found the closest cell site, I forgot to check to see if it was a sprint site.  Since I'm not a member, by default I see all the carriers towers.  Sometimes I don't bother to filter them :-)

I am not at my computer so I don't remember who's on the tower, but street view looks like it may be one of those t-mobile/cricket towers.

ohh any fantasy football people here???

i just won all 3 of my leagues this week...

1 by like 44 yea i know big, but what ever...here come the cool part

2 by .75

3 by .53

SNAPPPPPPP  it was a rough night....

Do you sleep?

• Like 1

I http://www.geek.com/android/sprints-tri-band-lte-phones-offering-crippled-service-for-the-forseeable-future-1577462/ This is an interesting article!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

That is very interesting... Hopefully NV 1.0 is coming to end soon so at least LTE 1900 and NV3G are nearly completely nationwide. Seems like NV will be a fix for that.

Saw a white dodge at the site in draper next to eBay thus morning. He was by cabinets with a laptop. Illbswing by on lunch and floor guy him ;-)

Saw a white dodge at the site in draper next to eBay thus morning. He was by cabinets with a laptop. Illbswing by on lunch and floor guy him ;-)

I work at that building and might take a look too.