Current & Coming Soon Sprint Communities - LTE Status

Dkoellerwx

Any word when San Diego will pre-launch?

Technically, any town that has LTE active is Pre-Launch. The difference when it comes to the label on the map is that city's that have Pre-Launch status have been listed as "Coming Soon" by Sprint. Lately, we've been seeing cities launch without any such "coming soon" announcement. So I wouldn't read too much into it. You've got LTE live now, and that's really all that matters. 

• Like 2

Any NV news for Galesburg/Macomb/Peoria/Bloomington?

I would think Macomb is well underway as those sites have had fiber for sometime now. That was installed back when iPCS was still in charge of the network there. The tower on the east side of town appears to have the NV antennas installed. If I remember right the south side (WIU) antennas are on the water tower. I would hope they are working on that one but I'm not sure how they are going to do that without disrupting service. They have that rack completely filled with antennas (4+ each side). Earlier in the thread it was mentioned that speeds are getting better in areas in Bloomington. That would suggest that work is taking place on the backhaul.

• Like 1

Quick update on the cities with LTE Available!

• Tuscaloosa, AL
  • Lexington, KY
  • Winston-Salem, NC
  • Greensboro, NC
  • Cleveland, OH !!!
  • Bend, OR
  • Medford, OR
  • Hardeevile, SC
  • Lubbock, TX

Now in Pre-Launch status.

• Enid, OK

I expect to see San Angelo and Abilene, TX and Jackson, MS pop up here soon. 

Come on although I am happy to see another Ohio city on the list but dang cleveland has wimax, toledo should have been before them!! Grr. lol

Come on although I am happy to see another Ohio city on the list but dang cleveland has wimax, toledo should have been before them!! Grr. lol

We should all have it, but the fact it takes time to redo every single tower from scratch. Our market has already started with 20 or so sites completed with 3g upgrades should go take a look at the NV sites complete map or better suited go to the Toledo permit maps thread I started so you can track the progress since you are a sponsor.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

We should all have it, but the fact it takes time to redo every single tower from scratch. Our market has already started with 20 or so sites completed with 3g upgrades should go take a look at the NV sites complete map or better suited go to the Toledo permit maps thread I started so you can track the progress since you are a sponsor.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I have seen it.

I'm hoping I can add Toledo soon. Give the number of towers completed already, it's only a matter of time before one of them is LTE!

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/479-network-visionlte-long-island-market/

Start here. Use google maps. Its not too hard, long island island isn't that bad to map out. :x 

Oiy. I do know how to use Google Maps. I also follow that thread. My point was not that I don't know where Long Island is, or what cities are there, it's that there's too many! I don't know which to prioritize, if any. I cannot mark every single city on the map, as that's not how Sprint will announce them. They'll likely just launch Long Island as a whole, not individual cities. 

• Like 1

Oiy. I do know how to use Google Maps. I also follow that thread. My point was not that I don't know where Long Island is, or what cities are there, it's that there's too many! I don't know which to prioritize, if any. I cannot mark every single city on the map, as that's not how Sprint will announce them. They'll likely just launch Long Island as a whole, not individual cities. 

want to add Iola, KS??

• Like 1

Markets Coming Soon (red pins):

• Seaford, Del.

As a Delaware resident I wouldn't expect Seaford to announced. I would imagine it is much more likely they will announce Delaware service in two areas. Wilmington (or Wilmington / Newark) and Dover.

As a Delaware resident I wouldn't expect Seaford to announced. I would imagine it is much more likely they will announce Delaware service in two areas. Wilmington (or Wilmington / Newark) and Dover.

It was on the Sprint press release, which is why it was listed here. Any of the Blue, Green, or Red pins have been listed in official Sprint documents. They won't be removed, unless Sprint changes their mind. It's only the Yellow pins that I'm picking and guessing on my own.