LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Not sure if this was discussed yet, but if you disable LTE but leave B26/B41 enabled, will it still search for and connect to those bands? (ie. is it useful for finding those other bands around?) This is disabling the LTE band in ##DATA#.

Thanks!

i think in the original version that was true, but in later versions in disables all lte

sent by tapatalk from my LS-980 (G2)

i think in the original version that was true, but in later versions in disables all lte

sent by tapatalk from my LS-980 (G2)

Yeah...I just did some testing and that is the case...This ZVC is really limiting...:-/

I know many will respond that everything is perfect with their phone. But, I am wondering why does my phone take quite a while from the time I hit the dial button to the actual time it starts to ring? Sometimes it can take 25 seconds, sometimes, it doesn't ring out at all then I say something such as "hello" and my voice echo's back and sometimes it just has a long delay then ends the attempt of the call.

The most common issue is the loooong delay from the time I hit dial to an actual ring occurs.

Lastly, this has not JUST started. I believe it all started once I received the Spark update. It could of been before that but I think it start with the update that brought Spark.

Edited by mjnoles1

I know many will respond that everything is perfect with their phone. But, I am wondering why does my phone take quite a while from the time I hit the dial button to the actual time it starts to ring? Sometimes it can take 25 seconds, sometimes, it doesn't ring out at all then I say something such as "hello" and my voice echo's back and sometimes it just has a long delay then ends the attempt of the call.

The most common issue is the loooong delay from the time I hit dial to an actual ring occurs.

Lastly, this has not JUST started. I believe it all started once I received the Spark update. It could of been before that but I think it start with the update that brought Spark.

You can thank the cellular network for that. Noting to do with the phone usually.

When I tried Google Voice integration, my phone acted just like this. It took me a while to figure it out, but once I deactivated the integration, my phone went back to normal and my calls go through within seconds and no more call quality issues.

When I tried Google Voice integration, my phone acted just like this. It took me a while to figure it out, but once I deactivated the integration, my phone went back to normal and my calls go through within seconds and no more call quality issues.

Please, please tell me exactly how I would deactivate the integration?

Please, please tell me exactly how I would deactivate the integration?

Easiest way that I've found is to pull up GV on a computer and in settings click to disable integration. The app was always a pain to me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Please, please tell me exactly how I would deactivate the integration?

Easiest way that I've found is to pull up GV on a computer and in settings click to disable integration. The app was always a pain to me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah I couldn't find it in the app, either. You have to go to www.google.com/voice but if it detects a mobile browser it won't work. Either use your computer or if your phone browser is set with a desktop user agent it will work. The option is listed somewhere in the options to disable the integration.

My G2 has been shutting off randomly, and I can't get it to turn back on unless I connect it to a charger... Anyone else have/had this problem?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

my brother had a tmibile g2 with a reboot issue, he got it replaced

That is almost definitely the Google Voice Integration, I have it as well and it's simply a side effect of adding in the Google Voice server to the mix. Granted, if you use any of the features that GV offers, it can be a godsend when you need it. 

http://www.google.com/googlevoice/whatsnew.html#utm_source=inbox_link&utm_medium=WhatsNew&utm_campaign=cleanup

EDIT: fixed link

Edited by halcyoncmdr

That is almost definitely the Google Voice Integration, I have it as well and it's simply a side effect of adding in the Google Voice server to the mix. Granted, if you use any of the features that GV offers, it can be a godsend when you need it. 

http://www.google.com/googlevoice/whatsnew.html#utm_source=inbox_link&utm_medium=WhatsNew&utm_campaign=cleanup

EDIT: fixed link

Yep, this happened to me too with Google Voice integration. Good news is, I believe they've been fixing the problem lately, though. Just in the past week my calls have been going straight through with no delay. Other people have confirmed this over on XDA as well.

• Like 1

Yep, this happened to me too with Google Voice integration. Good news is, I believe they've been fixing the problem lately, though. Just in the past week my calls have been going straight through with no delay. Other people have confirmed this over on XDA as well.

Same here too...seems better

• Like 1

Wonder why the G Flex is getting knock code and we didnt?

I'm still holding out hope that a second update is coming with both knock code and wifi calling.

I guess i dont understand the reasoning for Wifi Calling when we have sprint with Unlimited, or nearly unlimited minutes.    I have used Wifi Calling with Republic Wireless (a Sprint MVNO) and it works ok,  except when you connect to a wifi that has terrible bandwidth.    and the handshakes between wifi and Cell are less than desireable.

I guess i dont understand the reasoning for Wifi Calling when we have sprint with Unlimited, or nearly unlimited minutes.    I have used Wifi Calling with Republic Wireless (a Sprint MVNO) and it works ok,  except when you connect to a wifi that has terrible bandwidth.    and the handshakes between wifi and Cell are less than desireable.

It's not about minute usage, it's about coverage enhancement. You could be at a location where wifi is available and Sprint's cell signal is very weak.  Like inside my house. Sprint service is spotty to non-existent depending on which room I'm standing in. But my wifi signal covers my entire house. 

• Like 5