Video Game Discussion (Was: So...which next gen console are you getting?)

Ascertion

Xbox One or PS4?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which console are you getting?

• Xbox One
    • Playstation 4
    • Wii-U
    • PC Master race has no reason to buy one of these pieces of junk!
    • Still Deciding...

Free PSN games:

Resogun and Contrast

Also, a demo yesterday (PSN Store update) for NBA Live 14...

And you can always get DCUO free to play...perks cost if you want them, but it's there for the downloading (albeit 20gigs of download)...

The update didn't do much yesterday in the PS4 games category...a couple here n there, but nothing major...like a demo of AC or KZ....I'd like a demo of the need for speed game.

I'm not big on racing, but The Crew is looking mighty fine, if you check the released in-game footage so far..but it doesnt hit until April 1.

For anyone who wants to play....

PSN: jlmc1978

And I do COD;Ghosts and BF4....

(and by "play"...I mean collectively, as a team...not run-n-gun to boost your stats)...I like playing with people that are tactical and use the mic for something besides broadcasting their phone conversation with their girlfriend about the dog getting hit by a car.

If you can guarantee me that I'm gonna hear your mom saying you need to get off the game and do homework, then I can guarantee you that we probably won't play well together.

Alright guys...getting my Xbox One today in the mail but I have to buy the games. Anyone recommend COD Ghosts or Need For Speed Rivals? I didn't like the last two COD games but I did enjoy 4, WaW, and MW2/Black Ops.

I'm already getting BF4 and I feel obligated to grab one more game just because.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Alright guys...getting my Xbox One today in the mail but I have to buy the games. Anyone recommend COD Ghosts or Need For Speed Rivals? I didn't like the last two COD games but I did enjoy 4, WaW, and MW2/Black Ops.

I'm already getting BF4 and I feel obligated to grab one more game just because.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Don't forget your smart glass!

• Like 1

Will receive my day one xbox on Tuesday from Amazon. There was a snafu with processing the order but it'll be here in a couple days. Already have Dead Rising 3 And tomorrow will have Forza 5 Limited Edition

Cannot wait.

Also as soon as I get my Gazelle credit I'll be getting Lego Marvel and a second controller for the wife. That should be a good good time.

So far, I'm up to four games, plus contrast, and Resogun downloaded. I haven't played killzone but for about twenty minutes, mostly sticking to BF4.

For those of you who are playing BF4, there is a patch coming this week for many of the ps4 issues, so watch the battle log.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I purchased both systems... but I'm still trying to figure which would be best for 3rd party titles.  I love the Xbox controller, but I also really like the PS4 redesigned one.  As for graphics, I own Assassin's Creed 4 on both systems and they both look the same to me, so I don't know. 

Well Stock wise ps4 has Less from what I have seen(i work at a major retail, high volume) Xbox has had almost 3x the stock than the ps4, and that means we sold 3x more xboxones, than ps4's. I think the xbox is doing pretty well! We will see how it does by the second quarter of 2014

Well, 1 million sold in 24 hours in north America from Sony versus 1 million sold in 24 hours in thirteen countries...I like Sony odds better...but who knows. I dunno why Microsoft counts them as sold whether they are at a retailer or on someone's shelf at home. Or that's what I've read..I dunno how they count them...didn't check to see if that was true.

Well, 1 million sold in 24 hours in north America from Sony versus 1 million sold in 24 hours in thirteen countries...I like Sony odds better...but who knows. I dunno why Microsoft counts them as sold whether they are at a retailer or on someone's shelf at home. Or that's what I've read..I dunno how they count them...didn't check to see if that was true.

I actually like Microsoft retail strategy better. Wait one week and have a more international launch. IIRC the Play station was strong internationally while the Xbox was not. Launching before Sony in some of these countries may be a smart move.

I'm not so sure that's a good strategy...

PS4 tops Xbone 5:1 according to this:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/sony-has-captured-the-hearts-of-indie-retail/0124859

It really looks like Xbox isn't selling as many in places it has releases so far...

I saw people posting on PSU that live in both NYC and LA saying that MANY stores around them still had plenty of stock in XBone on the shelf after the launch event last week.

PS4 launches in UK this weekend...so that'll give a showing of which way they're going across the pond this time around. In 07, Sony held on in UK, while they lost here on US soil...but this time around it looks like it could be a win for Sony.

I'm not so sure that's a good strategy...

PS4 tops Xbone 5:1 according to this:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/sony-has-captured-the-hearts-of-indie-retail/0124859

It really looks like Xbox isn't selling as many in places it has releases so far...

I saw people posting on PSU that live in both NYC and LA saying that MANY stores around them still had plenty of stock in XBone on the shelf after the launch event last week.

PS4 launches in UK this weekend...so that'll give a showing of which way they're going across the pond this time around. In 07, Sony held on in UK, while they lost here on US soil...but this time around it looks like it could be a win for Sony.

Rewind to the original PS3 and Xbox 360 launches. The PS3 was a tour deforce with every option imaginable included. The price tag was also a tour deforce on your wallet. The xbox 360 by contrast was a much more moderately priced console. We may be seeing a reverse of 2005/6 where you may not have seen a whole lot of people crossing the lines but rather microsoft capturing a bunch of customers who could not afford sonys price tag. I still think Microsoft's strategy this time was smart due to the xbox's abysmal international sales when compared to United States sales. They just might have overestimated what a customer will pay for a console much like sony did with the PS3.

PSN 1 year subscriptions are on sale tomorrow for 29.99. Not sure if you can get it on line but the major retailers will have them.

Starting to wish I just went with PS4...The Xbox One is great - but I haven't been able to play MP on Battlefield 4 since last Saturday.  There's apparently a bug where it will not allow Xbox One users to connect and will be prompted as soon as the disc plays "Cannot connect to EA servers."  I had thought that this entire week that BF4 has been offline until I found out today that my friends have been playing it all week.  Very disappointing...

On the bright side, Amazon had a really great deal on "The Last of Us." for PS3 and I snatched it for $25!  It sold out in 3 minutes. :o

• Like 1

PSN 1 year subscriptions are on sale tomorrow for 29.99. Not sure if you can get it on line but the major retailers will have them.

Nice, hopefully I can pick it up online...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk