How far can I recieve a signal from my Sprint 4g tower?

My tower near 156th and industrial(omaha ne) just started giving a signal recently. For this basic 4g tower, how far can I expect to recieve a signal? Also, once this is upgraded to the 800mhz that i keep reading about, how much farther will the signal reach?

Plus, terrain and buildings will affect the signal strength.  There is no one answer to the question. 

Your best bet is to wait for the tower to go live and test it out on your own (see how far its signal goes or if it gets to where you want it).

Correct me if I'm right or wrong, but can "tilt" also extend range?

My understanding of tilt is it is how they allign the antennas to the ground.  The more downtilt (antennas aimed more downwards at the ground), the better the coverage in the immediate area of the tower, and the shorter the overall range of that antenna.

This is what digiblur was talking about when he said a tower can cover as small as a city block or as large as 10 miles.  How they arrange the antennas is part of that, and how much tilt they have also affects that.

Oh no, not this "how far" @#%* again...

AJ

• Like 3

There are too many variables to know.  Sites can be configured for as small as a city block...some can cover 10 miles. 

Wish the towers here reached 2 miles with decent coverage lol xD.

• Like 1

Energy can neither be created nor destroyed, only transferred.

AJ

• Like 2

Energy can neither be created nor destroyed, only transferred.

AJ

Remember that the pipe is the same size regardless of distance. If you pick up a signal 10 miles away but everyone inside those 10 miles is connected, you might get great signal but terrible speeds. There no free lunch here.

• Like 1

once 800 is deployed. It should be better the 1900mhz drops a lot from my experience

800smr LTE could launch tomorrow. Good luck picking it up. ;)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

what a trollolol lol

Hey, was just making a valid point. Don't want everyone running around looking for 800 forgees yet.

But to add something useful.... Coverage can be spotty. Best thing to do is pull up Sensorly for a fairly new market, such as the one I'm in. You'll see where we have driven in straight lines, but you'll have a break in coverage and then it will pick back up a block away. We have one known active LTE site in Columbus but the purple stretches for miles.

Hey, was just making a valid point. Don't want everyone running around looking for 800 forgees yet.

But to add something useful.... Coverage can be spotty. Best thing to do is pull up Sensorly for a fairly new market, such as the one I'm in. You'll see where we have driven in straight lines, but you'll have a break in coverage and then it will pick back up a block away. We have one known active LTE site in Columbus but the purple stretches for miles.

i know lol. Wouldnt it be funny if LTE800 was active and we didn't even know lol.

i know lol. Wouldn't be funny if LTE800 was active and we didn't even know lol.

No way to prove it, unless you are testing new hotspots for Sprint, but I bet if you're getting 800smr on an 1900 LTE site that 800 LTE is live.

No way to prove it, unless you are testing new hotspots for Sprint, but I bet if you're getting 800smr on an 1900 LTE site that 800 LTE is live.

There hotspots are coming out next week or something i just read something about it lol

There hotspots are coming out next week or something i just read something about it lol

Yeah, I seen summer was the plan. It will be pretty cool. I don't have any use for them anymore. Needless cost for me. Using my phone makes more sense since I hate taking on the phone.

No way to prove it, unless you are testing new hotspots for Sprint...

My spectrum analyzer says, "Au contraire."

AJ

• Like 6

My spectrum analyzer says, "Au contraire."

AJ

I hate you.... Hahaha. Alright. SO! If you're using a spectrum analyzer or a Special Edition of Ray Bans. Ok maybe not Ray Bans, but I heard from my "secret source" that knows everything, that there is a pair of Cartier that work.

I errr on and off of the lte tower around 2-4 Mi away with signal from 113-108 dbm but it isn't even worth it to me as my slow 3g connection is still faster at that distance and it is painfully slow