Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

I don't know if we'll get band 26 LTE because of Canada.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Well, my question is, for the towers that are near the lake, why not only have them broadcast band 26 everywhere but north?

Well, my question is, for the towers that are near the lake, why not only have them broadcast band 26 everywhere but north?

That could be doable but it could still cause interference due to multipath propagation. 

That could be doable but it could still cause interference due to multipath propagation. 

Well that's a bummer. Band 26 would be crucial for battling verizon out here, since I know a bunch of people who use big red. I'm also wondering how well band 41 would go here. The further east you go in Ohio, the less towers, so perhaps you'd only benefit from band 41 in the more heavily populated areas, and I don't think it has very good reach. I've never owned a wimax device, so I wouldn't know. Oh well, I think the weather needs to warm up, especially if we want to see NV work get done faster. I'm not upset if progress is stalled right now, I surely wouldn't want to get up on a cold steel tower and get covered in snow, or even dig in the frozen ground. Maybe with our bipolar weather, we'll get a warm week soon!

Well that's a bummer. Band 26 would be crucial for battling verizon out here, since I know a bunch of people who use big red. I'm also wondering how well band 41 would go here. The further east you go in Ohio, the less towers, so perhaps you'd only benefit from band 41 in the more heavily populated areas, and I don't think it has very good reach. I've never owned a wimax device, so I wouldn't know. Oh well, I think the weather needs to warm up, especially if we want to see NV work get done faster. I'm not upset if progress is stalled right now, I surely wouldn't want to get up on a cold steel tower and get covered in snow, or even dig in the frozen ground. Maybe with our bipolar weather, we'll get a warm week soon!

There's a band 26 site at the LTE core / switching center in Akron so we might get lucky. They could probably do band 26 at reduced transmit power. I wish AJ could pop in and give us some insight.

Band 41 is only good for short distances and outdoor use. It doesn't like water or building material. It gets absorbed pretty easily.

There's a band 26 site at the LTE core / switching center in Akron so we might get lucky. They could probably do band 26 at reduced transmit power. I wish AJ could pop in and give us some insight.

Band 41 is only good for short distances and outdoor use. It doesn't like water or building material. It gets absorbed pretty easily.

I think there is an exception for band 26 in certain areas in oh.

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

I think there is an exception for band 26 in certain areas in oh.

Check out the link below, it describes what's currently going on with band 26 in our area. 30km around Youngstown and Akron are exempt, they're outside of the IBEZ apparently.

http://www.800ta.org/content/resources/canadaborder.asp

• Like 2

Check out the link below, it describes what's currently going on with band 26 in our area. 30km around Youngstown and Akron are exempt, they're outside of the IBEZ apparently.

http://www.800ta.org/content/resources/canadaborder.asp

Was wondering about middlefield and parkman ... they could use it for sure.

I also got that text from Sprint the other day. I live in the Avon Lake area.

Avon and Avon Lake both need at least another cell site. The population towards the city center exceeds the limits of Sprint's available spectrum. Signal is far too weak downtown.

• Like 1

Was wondering about middlefield and parkman ... they could use it for sure.

They're both too close to the IBEZ. Sprint could put in another site in the area. Is signal extremely week in those areas?

They're both too close to the IBEZ. Sprint could put in another site in the area. Is signal extremely week in those areas?

Just the opposite. According to sensorly they have better coverage there then any other carrier. Didnt think there were many sprint towers there. Maybe it is because the flat farm country allows for a better signal coverage even with only using band 25.

Seen some LTE bars pop up in Youngstown, very strong signals in run down areas but only 1 bar so far in my house in Boardman, OH 44512. Wondering if this 1 bar LTE will be the only signal strength I will ever get? How can I tell which towers near me are getting 4G antennas? Download speed is only 7mbps but is only able to hold the signal for a few minutues, I have an iphone 5 and toggled 4g and updated my profile settings. Certain roads in youngstown, Bears Den/Meridian Road/Shields Rd I am getting speeds upwards of 16mbps. I hope there are not other towers with overpowering signals obstructing my new LTE, seems I've always had problems even making calls Between Glenwood Ave/Market St. along brookfield Ave wjhere my house is. I've had the sprint airave installed however once getting my iphone 5 the device would block my text messages and have baffeled spring support...never a problem with my iphone 4. I've gottent he spring text message last week that upgrades will be completed by the end of next month.

You should consider becoming an S4GRU Sponsor. In the Sponsor section we have Sprint site maps. You can see which ones have been upgraded and which ones are left to be upgraded. It will help you to know if there is another site nearby that still has LTE to be turned on.

Sponsor info: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

can't a sponsor be nice enough and tell me?

This site wouldn't exist without Sponsor donations, therefore the info you're looking to obtain wouldn't be available to Sponsors if it weren't for the donations. It would be sort of like trying to go to the library and check out books but never paying taxes to support the library.

Sponsorship is the cost of a lunch out, it's not going to break the bank - and the information provided will be well worth it, trust me.

• Like 2

actually it's called being nice and helping someone out...I doubt everyone posting here is a sponsor otherwise it would not let me post. if someone would be nice and let me know it would be appreciated

Once you are a sponsor you can't tell non sponsors what we see in the sponsor part of these forums. Sorry!

actually it's called being nice and helping someone out...I doubt everyone posting here is a sponsor otherwise it would not let me post. if someone would be nice and let me know it would be appreciated

You obviously don't have to be a Sponsor to post, just a member (which is no cost). But the info that becomes available to you once you become a Sponsor is astonishing.

Believe me, I'm with you - I never give my money to unknown sources online simply because somebody told me to. It took me a good 6 months of floating around these forums before I was comfortable enough to give my money, but as you can see from my info I've now donated enough to reach Premier Sponsorship level. Once again, the info that would be made available to you is well worth the price of a McDonalds Value meal with a side six piece of McNuggets w/ Sweet & Sour sauce (it's lunch time now and I'm thinking about food).

can't a sponsor be nice enough and tell me?

Absolutely not!  :wall:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

Note the part titled "Sponsor Content".  If we post sponsor content outside of the sponsor area we will get our account terminated and the S4GRU website will no longer be able to sustain itself and will have to be shut down.  It costs money to run this website.  Please donate if you want access to this information.

Did Sprint forefit their 800MHz privileges when iDEN folded?

Nope.

AJ

Avon and Avon Lake both need at least another cell site. The population towards the city center exceeds the limits of Sprint's available spectrum. Signal is far too weak downtown.

I agree with that, they should add to the Avon water tower. I know TMobile did that last year and I don't see why Sprint won't be able to do that. Maybe once they update / upgrade the area will be a lot better?

Nextel had extensive coverage in Gesuga and Ashtabula counties? Did Sprint forefit their 800MHz privileges when iDEN folded?

Sprint didn't give up the 800 MHz privileges, but Nextel was able to broadcast within the IBEZ because the bandwidth Nextel needed to operate on was much more narrow than was is required for 1x, and especially for LTE. I know I'm off on my lingo, but I look at it this way: Nextel needed an off road, gravel path to operate their PTT whereas LTE needs a 4 lane highway. Because LTE (and even 1x) require much more bandwidth, they need to work with our Canadian counterparts to ensure there's no interference.

I'm not optimistic that we'll see band 26 (800 MHz LTE) in our area anytime soon, but we've got some sort of exception in place to operate 1x800, which by itself will greatly improve Sprints native footprint even if it's only on 1x.

• Like 2

I'm not optomistic for band 26 in this area either. It'd be nice to actually be able to hold a phone conversation around here. I was pretty mad when Sprint removed the ability to force roaming. I knew why they did it, but I was not happy that I had to find innovative ways to make my reception so terrible that it'd actually go to roaming, just so that I could make a reliable continuous phone call.

Sprint didn't give up the 800 MHz privileges, but Nextel was able to broadcast within the IBEZ because the bandwidth Nextel needed to operate on was much more narrow than was is required for 1x, and especially for LTE. I know I'm off on my lingo, but I look at it this way: Nextel needed an off road, gravel path to operate their PTT whereas LTE needs a 4 lane highway. Because LTE (and even 1x) require much more bandwidth, they need to work with our Canadian counterparts to ensure there's no interference. I'm not optimistic that we'll see band 26 (800 MHz LTE) in our area anytime soon, but we've got some sort of exception in place to operate 1x800, which by itself will greatly improve Sprints native footprint even if it's only on 1x.

I say that's a pretty good description.  :tu:

Robert

• Like 1