LG G2 -- the first Sprint tri band LTE handset (was "LG Optimus G2")

Thai

You can cancel preorders. Sprint hasnt charged your card yet until it is shipped. Also you are allowed one exchange to another device within the first 14 days. However you will have to pay restocking fee on the first device.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

What about with BestBuy in regard to canceling pre-orders. It seems everyone on this forum that pre-ordered through BestBuy has in their status on the pre-order, it says can not be canceled.

Also, I understand the 14 day return policy. But, what if you wanted to return the phone to purchase the Sprint version of the Nexus 5 through the Playstore? Do you get your upgrade availability back as if you never attempted to upgrade?

Edited by mjnoles1

What about with BestBuy in regard to canceling pre-orders. It seems everyone on this forum that pre-ordered through BestBuy has in their status on the pre-order, it says can not be canceled.

Also, I understand the 14 day return policy. But, what if you wanted to return the phone to purchase the Sprint version of the Nexus 5 through the Playstore? Do you get your upgrade availability back as if you never attempted to upgrade?

My goodness...just call best buy and find out. I am sure you can. Also about nexus 5 on google play store, you are buying off contract so your are not extending your 2 year contract so you are not even using your upgrade.

• Like 1

I stumbled on this app in the Google Play Store when I was trying to find something related to the G2.  Basically the Android app is the Sprint LG G2 Training.

When you open up the app and click on the banner to go to the Specifications section, if you scroll down near the bottom to the Specifications list and look at the footnotes it gives us an idea about this triband issue on whether or not Bands 26 and 41 will be available at launch.

Long story short it appears that LTE bands 26 and 41 will be disabled at launch on stock and it appears a future firmware update will enable these two LTE bands. 

However we know that if you have the MSL code you can manually enable Bands 26 and 41. What we still don't know is if you have the MSL code and manual enable the Band 26 and 41 LTE bands in the ##DATA# menu whether that will allow you to truly use the LTE 800 and LTE 2600 at launch.  It should be very interesting to see when people can verify this.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.totmarketing.lg.ls980.training&hl=en

Thanks again for the information - and for proving my point. ;)

This part:

"and it appears a future firmware update will enable these two LTE bands."

That is not words of certainty.

I hope this wasn't considered a complaint or rant as it reads to me like someone voicing a concern. For my part, I come here to share information (type of SIM & release date for example - you're welcome) and to educate myself as a consumer. I am buying equippment and signing a two-year commitment. I like to know what I'm getting for my money.

Confirmed Nexus 5 will have 2300mah battery, so that is a moot point.

I did call BestBuy when I placed the order as I wanted to pre-order but also keep my option for the Nexus 5 open, but Best Buy truly had no idea, I mean none.

FYI, I've been to three AT&T owned stores and several mall kiosks for them and have not seen the G2. Hopefully Sprint puts this in people's hands...

I played with it at best buy.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I stumbled on this app in the Google Play Store when I was trying to find something related to the G2.  Basically the Android app is the Sprint LG G2 Training.

When you open up the app and click on the banner to go to the Specifications section, if you scroll down near the bottom to the Specifications list and look at the footnotes it gives us an idea about this triband issue on whether or not Bands 26 and 41 will be available at launch.

Long story short it appears that LTE bands 26 and 41 will be disabled at launch on stock and it appears a future firmware update will enable these two LTE bands. 

However we know that if you have the MSL code you can manually enable Bands 26 and 41. What we still don't know is if you have the MSL code and manual enable the Band 26 and 41 LTE bands in the ##DATA# menu whether that will allow you to truly use the LTE 800 and LTE 2600 at launch.  It should be very interesting to see when people can verify this.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.totmarketing.lg.ls980.training&hl=en

What the... I can't believe they have a public app for it. Someone in the training department messed up... lol.

What the... I can't believe they have a public app for it. Someone in the training department messed up... lol.

Actually all the carriers have it as well and it is released by LG Mobile so it is not a leak.

Verizon

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.totmarketing.lg.vs980.training&hl=en

AT&T

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.totmarketing.lg.d800.training&hl=en

T-Mobile

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.totmarketing.lg.d801.training&hl=en

FYI, I've been to three AT&T owned stores and several mall kiosks for them and have not seen the G2. Hopefully Sprint puts this in people's hands...

I played with it at best buy.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I also went to Best Buy to get myself a new DVD/Blu ray rack as my game/movie collection has gone past my other two racks already. I went to the mobile phone section, and there it was, the LG G2. I could tell it was the AT&T version since it had the AT&T bloat on there.

As other people have said, there's a lot more to this phone than just the Tri-band capabilities. It has a beautiful screen, and it actually is one of the only skinned UI's that I know of that has a very good amount of customization built into it. In my opinion, it blows TouchWiz out of the water, and I may like it even more than AOSP Android. It's just that good of a phone. Shoot... Even if I switched carriers this would still be my phone of choice.

Nice... Whether it's a leak or not, I don't think training videos are meant for public consumption. I won't take it back, someone in LG's training department messed up.  :P

• Like 1

I'm going to call LG today to verify my employment and I know there is a training to do for the Sprint G2. A LG rep came in a while back and let me know about it. I will see if it says anything about tri-band lte.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

No mic on the back.

Someone bought the LG G2 Sprint version outright and it does have the mic on the back.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/attachments/sprint-lg-g2/87696d1382104086-i-have-sprint-lg-g2-hand-20131018_014736.jpg

Good thing I didn't buy the case yet. I will just wait

Edited by mjnoles1

Someone bought the LG G2 Sprint version outright and it does have the mic on the back.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/attachments/sprint-lg-g2/87696d1382104086-i-have-sprint-lg-g2-hand-20131018_014736.jpg

Good thing I didn't buy the case yet. I will just wait

Where is it. I did not see a mic on the back but we have the white version. Maybe it's blends in?

Where is it. I did not see a mic on the back but we have the white version. Maybe it's blends in?

Above the camera lens to the right, that little open dot is the mic, I believe

Please someone else look at my posted link and look at the pic and confirm what I THINK I am seeing. I believe I am right, just want to be sure.

Edited by mjnoles1

Above the camera lens to the right, that little open dot is the mic, I believe

Please someone else look at my posted link and look at the pic and confirm what I THINK I am seeing. I believe I am right, just want to be sure.

I thoroughly checked that area, that's where I thought it was, did no see it though. I will double check tomorrow.

The picture in the link definitely looks like a mic but I did not see a mic there on our model. I will check again tomorrow still though.

The white demo at my local best buy has no mic on the back - it's on the top. But it's the white version. Not sure if the black one is different but that wouldn't make sense.

got mine ordered for $99 through my sprint rep.....cuz 2600 is lit up hot here in utah...and i am tired of waiting  now i need to see that pic of the Ballistic with the belt clip

I already posted pics of it. Ballistic also lists it on their website now. What sucks is my wife wants one now, too, because it is more protective but no thicker than the Otterbox Commuter.

got mine ordered for $99 through my sprint rep.....cuz 2600 is lit up hot here in utah...and i am tired of waiting

now i need to see that pic of the Ballistic with the belt clip

You can preorder the G2 at sprint store for $99?

got mine ordered for $99 through my sprint rep.....cuz 2600 is lit up hot here in utah...and i am tired of waiting

now i need to see that pic of the Ballistic with the belt clip

Wait, how $99?!