LG G2 -- the first Sprint tri band LTE handset (was "LG Optimus G2")

Thai

Got to play around with the Verizon model today, liked it... I really wish the Note 3 was tri-band though, really like the large screen.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Interesting development on my Best Buy order: I placed my pre-order on the 11th, and a Pending charge showed up on my credit card. After a few days the Pending charge disappeared without any actual charge going through. Today the Pending charge has reappeared! Might mean that they are going to charge me and ship soon, maybe. No change on my Order Status online though, still says "Order In Process"

I got my case in the mail. It really does exist, despite not showing up on Ballistic's website. I got it for $30 on eBay.

Not much difference in size to my Evo 3D with Otterbox Defender case. In fact, my Otterbox makes my Evo significantly thicker than the LG G2 in the Ballistic Maxx case.

Not much difference in size to my Evo 3D with Otterbox Defender case. In fact, my Otterbox makes my Evo significantly thicker than the LG G2 in the Ballistic Maxx case.

Not bad.  I got my case in the mail from Amazon, it was the Diztronic and I actually got one coming in from someone on Reddit I think Poetic case?  Going to decide on which one I want to keep once I try them both on.  The Poetic one looks nice but I am unsure of how much I like it compared to the Diztronic one.

Now if we only had a phone to put in the case...

I am a Best Buy Premier Silver customer (or whatever it is calling the highest echelon theses days). My order is processing and cannot be canceled. It should ship soon, so there you have it...

AJ

I love the protection of the Ballistic case but what annoys me is the rubber corners which makes the inside of my pocket come out when I remove it.

Minor to some, but pseudo-major to me.

Otterbox Commuter is my current favorite.

Just my $.02

Mav.

Sent from Torchwood

The best case is no case. Do not be a klutz. Problem solved. And enjoy the design of your handset.

AJ

• Like 2

I am a Best Buy Premier Silver customer (or whatever it is calling the highest echelon theses days). My order is processing and cannot be canceled. It should ship soon, so there you have it...

AJ

My Best Buy Elite Plus. :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Ballistic now shows the Maxx on the website. My wife is now upset I didn't get her one despite her being adamant about not wanting a bulky case. Hopefully she will like her Otterbox Commuter that I got her. We shall find out tomorrow.

The best case is no case. Do not be a klutz. Problem solved. And enjoy the design of your handset.AJ

That's nice in theory, but I work in group homes and at a school for intense behavior mentally handicapped children and adults. My phone gets picked up and thrown, stepped on, dropped while dealing with incidents at work and sometimes while in my pocket, it'll get smacked into a doorway or wall. I need all the protection I can get when it comes to my phone or it won't last long.

Screenshot please. The other box from earlier in the thread had just 1900mhz listed.

Not sure if I can take a pic. I could potentially lose my job but I will ask. I will double check but I'm pretty sure it listed tri-band lte.

The best case is no case. Do not be a klutz.

Saying you don't want to be a klutz and actually not being a klutz are two completely different things. ;) At least it is for me.

In case anyone missed it earlier, this is interesting:

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2013/10/12/lg-g2-drop-test-shows-the-need-for-a-case/

Mav. :ninja:

Sent from Torchwood

Edited by VW Maverick

No mic on the back.

Thank you very much for that information. Now I know to order the T-mobile version and NOT the AT&T version.....

What is that mic on the back next to the flash for anyways on the AT&T version?

More noice cancellation. There is a specific feature in the camera app that lets you zoom in on a person's voice and trys to block other sounds

Thank you very much for that information. Now I know to order the T-mobile version and NOT the AT&T version.....

What is that mic on the back next to the flash for anyways on the AT&T version?

AJ

Mine has said that since the day after i ordered it.

• Like 1

I'm really looking forward to reading about RF results from this device. Being an HTC Evo 4G LTE owner, I've seen my share of reception issues. With a tower a couple of hundred yards away, I'm getting anxious for user reports.

Okay so the box does say only 1900mhz for lte.

The box was confirmed awhile ago to only list 1900 MHz LTE when someone took a pic of it.  Not a big deal.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4099-lg-g2-the-first-sprint-tri-band-lte-handset-was-lg-optimus-g2/?p=216396

Okay so the box does say only 1900mhz for lte. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Hmmm... I could be wrong, but that doesn't seem to fit the description of "tri". What you're saying looks more like "uni" - or is that "mono"? Is it time to edit the title of this thread? :(

Hmmm... I could be wrong, but that doesn't seem to fit the description of "tri". What you're saying looks more like "uni" - or is that "mono"? Is it time to edit the title of this thread? :(

no need to edit, FCC docs clearly showed tri-band... as did sprint page a while back before they got rid of saying that

• Like 1