LG G2 -- the first Sprint tri band LTE handset (was "LG Optimus G2")

Thai

If this phone doesn't have wifi then that just ridiculous!

Even basic feature phones have wifi. It's a typo.

-Luis

I sure hope so man. If it did not, that would be a hughe deal breaker. My OG Samsung Epic 4G has Wifi.

eHRPD

It better have Wifi, if it doesn't, that would be a hugh deal breaker for me. It is not just the main Pre-Order page, it is all sections on Sprints website discussing the features, but there is no mention at all of Wifi anywhere. 

Also, in regard to "Tri-Band." I know the big rumor surrounding the Sprint version of this phone is that it will have Tri-Band. That is also something that is NOT listed on Sprints website. Did we ever get concrete confirmation that this does actually have Tri-Band, even though Sprints website does not mention it.

:( I can not order this until I receive confirmation.

Edited by mjnoles1

eHRPD

It better have Wifi, if it doesn't, that would be a hugh deal breaker for me. It is not just the main Pre-Order page, it is all sections on Sprints website discussing the features, but there is no mention at all of Wifi anywhere.

Also, in regard to "Tri-Band." I know the big rumor surrounding the Sprint version of this phone is that it will have Tri-Band. That is also something that is NOT listed on Sprints website. Did we ever get concrete confirmation that this does actually have Tri-Band, even though Sprints website does not mention it.

Look at post #857 in this thread. There is a link to download the user manual. It has WiFi...trust me. Just look at the screenshots a few pages back.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

The last thing a carrier wants is for someone to not offload data onto wifi. There is no way any carrier would release a phone without it.

The G2 does lack Wi-Fi. Instead, it comes with some oceanfront property in Arizona.

Some of you are too gullible...

AJ

• Like 3

WiFi is included.  There's 100% chance of that.  Don't worry about it.  

Also - Bestbuy taking pre-orders for upgrades on Sprint LG G2 for only $99.

I'll likely order mine after I get off from work.

Lazy Link.

EDIT: Looks like no Quadbeat earphones. Ah well, not a biggie.

• Like 2

eHRPD

It better have Wifi, if it doesn't, that would be a hugh deal breaker for me. It is not just the main Pre-Order page, it is all sections on Sprints website discussing the features, but there is no mention at all of Wifi anywhere. 

When was the last time a Flagship phone got released with no WiFi. Such an omission would be inconceivable!

That's like saying the phone won't have a speaker or something.

-Luis

Forgot to add: The Tri-Band capabilities of this phone is not a rumor. It's been proven that it does have Tri-Band.

• Like 1

In case anyone is still in doubt about the phone being triband, LG has released the specs for the Sprint LG G2.  If you click the link below and go to the "Technical Specifications" tab and expand "Specifications", under "Transmission" it says LTE bands 25/26/41.

http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-LS980-White-g2

Criminy, can people give it a rest and stop rehashing the same concerns over and over again?  Because this thread has become the song that never ends...

Instead, read my article:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-350-bande-à-part-lg-g2-is-the-first-announced-sprint-tri-band-lte-handset/

The FCC OET authorizations were revealed over two months ago, and I wrote my article over a month ago.  The RF hardware contained within the G2 has been well established for weeks.  End of story.

Yes, certain LTE bands may be disabled at release.  Who knows?  No amount of ad nauseam discussion is going to determine nor alter that.

But on the Wi-Fi front, give me a break.  The G2 is 802.11ac Wi-Fi capable.

AJ

• Like 2

Also - Bestbuy taking pre-orders for upgrades on Sprint LG G2 for only $99.

I'll likely order mine after I get off from work.

Lazy Link.

Yup! Hell of a deal, you get a $50 gift card as well! I've just pre-ordered online with Best Buy.

Anyone having issues with the Best Buy upgrade? I keep getting errors on the phone number check.

You can go to a store and have them pre-order it for you if you need to.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Got any.. ahem... referral discounts? :)

No sorry. But a $50 gift card isn't bad. You can use it on the phone if you get it in store. We print the gift card code while we are doing the upgrade.

No sorry. But a $50 gift card isn't bad. You can use it on the phone if you get it in store. We print the gift card code while we are doing the upgrade.

I didn't know the gift card was online only. That sucks, never mind.

This appears to be a gift card outside of BEAST

7a4aqe7e.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Is this confirmed online only? I'd rather order in store to get the credit applied.

As of this moment it appears to be online only. That could change in the future. I will definitely pass on if it becomes available in store.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Best Buy also had a promotion where you would get a $50 gift card if you upgraded a phone before December 31 that you had to sign up for several months ago, in-store or online. So you may have signed up and forgotten you did it. Not sure if that stacks with any other gift card promos.

Alas my upgrade isn't due until January 1 and you can't do early upgrades/One Up through BB yet.

• Like 1

I can't get in on the BB deal as I have SERO!

Is there anyone out there that has any sympathy for this poor soul?!

Nope. You pay half as much as me, sorry.

I can't get in on the BB deal as I have SERO!

Is there anyone out there that has any sympathy for this poor soul?!

I have SERO as well so we are both in the same boat.  I wish I could pre order like the rest of the other folks but I know Best Buy's systems won't know how to handle SERO plans.  Heck even in person I hear its kind of a hassle to do it at Best Buy.  I just would rather forgo the discounted price and upgrade at a Sprint corporate store to be safe.

You can preorder the G2 via Sprint telesales 888-882-4030 for SERO customers.  A guy on XDA said he did it and was able to preorder the G2 quick and painless.  But you won't be able to take advantage of the Best Buy deal.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=46391760&postcount=26

Sweet. Thanks everyone for the heads up about Best Buy. Just bought 2 G2s and only spent $133 plus got a $50 gift card (not sure if I get 2 since it says one per customer). I had a Best Buy gift card with $75 that I never thought I'd use since everything there is so overpriced but it came in handy today. I can't wait to join all of y'all in some LTE goodness very soon.

• Like 2