HTC 8XT Windows Phone discussion thread (was "New HTC WP8 for Sprint?")

Mondays In Flames

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/07/htc-windows-phone-with-sprint-lte-surfaces-in-fcc-docs/

So this just got published about an hour ago... Idk how they can tell it's for Sprint just from those bar codes... But hey, could be a new WP8 for Sprint... Maybe?

-Luis

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/07/htc-windows-phone-with-sprint-lte-surfaces-in-fcc-docs/

So this just got published about an hour ago... Idk how they can tell it's for Sprint just from those bar codes... But hey, could be a new WP8 for Sprint... Maybe?

-Luis

They can tell because they read the FCC filing which is showing the device supporting frequencies specific to sprint.  I haven't read it personally though.

• Like 1

-Luis

I'm confused, did they update the article?  As it says right in the article how they know it is Sprint.

Where's our FCC write up? :D

What band is LTE 800 that Sprint is eventually deploying?  I'm sure we'll be excited when the first phone with that hits.

Edited by Jaggrey

• 3 weeks later...

So Sprint has officially launched two new WP8 devices, one of them being from HTC as the HTC 8XT.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/26/htc-8xt-sprint/?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=Feed_Classic&utm_campaign=Engadget

That's just a short article detailing some of the specs, but there's also a link to the full PR release.

What do you guys think?

-Luis

Are these tri-band phones?

No.

AJ

I think its a mistake to release these WP devices right before Tribands are supposed to come out. I was planning to buy the first WP8 device, but the timing is poor. No way I'm plopping down good money on a new device at this time. Probably most consumers are completely clueless about such things. But I'm not.

I will instead wait until I can get one for under $200 on EBay. I shouldn't have to wait long because I don't think these will be very popular. ;)

Also, WP8 needs to be on a flagship device. Just my two cents.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 3

I think its a mistake to release these WP devices right before Tribands are supposed to come out. I was planning to buy the first WP8 device, but the timing is poor. No way I'm plopping down good money on a new device at this time. Probably most consumers are completely clueless about such things. But I'm not.

I will instead wait until I can get one for under $200 on EBay. I shouldn't have to wait long because I don't think these will be very popular. ;)

Also, WP8 needs to be on a flagship device. Just my two cents.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Unfortunately it seems only Nokie is taking WP8 seriously. I think WP8 is a great platform, it's the best of both iOS and Android, but you're right, they need powerful and attractive flagships. Both the 8XT and Ativ S Neo are mid-range at best.

-Luis

One thing I don't like about Windows Phone are some of the exclusive apps that are manufacturer specific.  There is an ESPN Hub and ESPN fantasy football that is only available on Nokia Windows phones.  Exclusive apps to differentiate I understand, but exclusive third party apps doesn't make sense to me.  Windows Phone needs as many apps as they can get to get more people to buy into the operating system.

• 2 weeks later...

The street date for the HTC 8XT is now set for July 19.

AJ

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see how it performs with LTE and if it's similar to the other HTCs on Sprint in how they perform.  This might give us more insight on whether the little quirks are an HTC thing or.... something else.

It will be interesting to see how it performs with LTE and if it's similar to the other HTCs on Sprint in how they perform.  This might give us more insight on whether the little quirks are an HTC thing or.... something else.

Granted that both the S4 and the HTC ONE have the same processors with the same radio bands. I'd go with the "little quirks are an HTC thing". Maybe it's rather an optimization of signal strength, or Android. We'll see soon enough.

-Luis

Using the term street date makes it sound so ghetto ;)

Instead of drugs, AJ will be slinging phones.

You guys have never heard the term "street date" in reference to record, movie, and video game releases?

AJ

• Like 1

Where's our FCC write up? :D

What band is LTE 800 that Sprint is eventually deploying?  I'm sure we'll be excited when the first phone with that hits.

You want to be looking for Band 26 support in FCC documents to verify that the LTE phone will support LTE 800.

You guys have never heard the term "street date" in reference to record, movie, and video game releases?

AJ

Don't date yourself too much AJ, you might be considered narcissistic

=P