May be leaving Sprint soon

smorcy11

Long story short I no longer will be receiving a 23% discount on my base plan. It was saving me about $25 per month. Now I'm paying $160 per month for 2 lines. ATT will run me $140, and their coverage is better from everything I've seen. The data won't matter bc last month we only used 1gb total, and that plan with ATT will give me 6gb.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

To get opinions, guess I didn't phrase it like that, sorry. Was typing on my phone and watching hoops at the same time so it didn't have my full attention, lol. Is this not a place to discuss Sprint and all that pertains

This is a place to discuss Sprints Network Vision and everything associated with it. Not a place to discuss or rant about Sprints pricing, coverage, etc. S4GRU has always advocated that people get what best suits their needs even if it meant getting devices from ATT / VZ / T-mobile / Regionals if they served you better than sprint.

• Like 1

This is a place to discuss Sprints Network Vision and everything associated with it. Not a place to discuss or rant about Sprints pricing, coverage, etc. S4GRU has always advocated that people get what best suits their needs even if it meant getting devices from ATT / VZ / T-mobile / Regionals if they served you better than sprint.

He didn't really rage. He just said the coverage is better, Which is quite true. But that soon will change, I was going to leave sprint. But I'm giving them 2 more years to prove me wrong :P

He didn't really rage. He just said the coverage is better, Which is quite true. But that soon will change, I was going to leave sprint. But I'm giving them 2 more years to prove me wrong :P

Thanks, and yes that was my plan too. With my discount ending, I am reassessing that plan now.

That's good to know. I PM'ed the original poster, since I didn't know if discussing or recommending other options would be frowned upon in the forum.

That's good to know. I PM'ed the original poster, since I didn't know if discussing or recommending other options would be frowned upon in the forum.

He is basically asking for opinions and other peoples input. People usually do this AND RAGE. He didn't rage a bit, which is quite nice.

Thanks, and yes that was my plan too. With my discount ending, I am reassessing that plan now.

Should you still be receiving the discount? As in, do you still work for the place the discount was coming from? Sprint offers tons of work and membership discounts. Even based on where you bank. Also, if you don't belong to the place that was giving you a discount previously, do you work or belong to any other organization?

Nah, I left that employer. Best I can tell, I don't qualify for any other discounts. I'd prefer to stick around, as I will have to finagle my way out of contract, but I think I can work it out to not pay the ET fees. If it comes to paying fees, I will probably have to stick it out for another 6 months.

Should you still be receiving the discount? As in, do you still work for the place the discount was coming from? Sprint offers tons of work and membership discounts. Even based on where you bank. Also, if you don't belong to the place that was giving you a discount previously, do you work or belong to any other organization?

That's a very good point - and possibly one I should consider, as well. My employee discount with company X, whom I've not worked for in almost 6 years, is sill on my account. I couldn't tell you why but I've never brought it up as it, too, is valued at over 20% of my monthly bill. But, should it be terminated, I guess I could always explore other discount options.

I would do that..see what other options you have available..ya know, before fully jumping ship. But, like was previously stated, if ATT or whomever works better for you then that's with whom you should do business.

Nah, I left that employer. Best I can tell, I don't qualify for any other discounts. I'd prefer to stick around, as I will have to finagle my way out of contract, but I think I can work it out to not pay the ET fees. If it comes to paying fees, I will probably have to stick it out for another 6 months.

Ah I see. Well if it's about saving money, don't be afraid to ask questions. People don't bring up the smallest details sometimes and that can be the difference between saving money or wasting money. You'd be surprised how many places, even small ones, offer discounts for Sprint.

Anyways, the last thing few things I will say are:

1) if you're a Credit Union Member Sprint gives you 10% a month and activation/upgrade fees waived.

2) From personal experience, if you need to finagle around your account a little bit to get things straight Sprint will work with you. I've known many people that find out that their spouse or end user on their account has a better discount then them, so they did a transfer of liability to the other person to get that discount. That money adds up!

Good luck you to no matter what you decide though!

Next upgrade you will loose it. Ever 2 years now sprint wants people to reverify and upgrading triggers it.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

I've actually been wondering about this. I receive a 25% discount for being a NYC Department of Education employee, and I always see in My Sprint that I may be asked to verify my credentials. But I've had the discount for 7 years now, and have renewed my contract probably 5 or so times, and they've never asked. Are people's experiences here mixed? It sounds like from JonnygATL is in the same boat as me (though I still work for the DOE so I'm still eligible) but the OP got booted.

Long story short I no longer will be receiving a 23% discount on my base plan. It was saving me about $25 per month. Now I'm paying $160 per month for 2 lines. ATT will run me $140, and their coverage is better from everything I've seen. The data won't matter bc last month we only used 1gb total, and that plan with ATT will give me 6gb.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Umm ... The 6gig plan from AT&T is 160 a month for two smart phones, not 140. 90+35+35=160. Do what you want, I don't really see what this has to do with sprint's 4g roll and as such why you feel the need to post this here.

Well, off-topic discussion is allowed in this part of the site.

Nonetheless, cost w/o the discount just got too expensive for him/her. I would recommend removing TEP(if you have it & don't feel like you need it). It does help cost a little but. Otherwise, I think prepaid might be a good idea for you. Depending on service quality in your area and your month voice usage, T-Mobile $30 100 min/5GB/Unltd text might be something you can work with.

I've actually been wondering about this. I receive a 25% discount for being a NYC Department of Education employee, and I always see in My Sprint that I may be asked to verify my credentials. But I've had the discount for 7 years now, and have renewed my contract probably 5 or so times, and they've never asked. Are people's experiences here mixed? It sounds like from JonnygATL is in the same boat as me (though I still work for the DOE so I'm still eligible) but the OP got booted.

I think it's a fairly new policy. I've had a 22% discount through my employer for about 7-8 years now, as well. When I renewed my contract last December, they had me re-verify my employer. First time I've had that happen.

I think it's a fairly new policy. I've had a 22% discount through my employer for about 7-8 years now, as well. When I renewed my contract last December, they had me re-verify my employer. First time I've had that happen.

Agreed, in October was the first time I had to re-verify with them after many years without being asked. Still seems kind of silly to verify those discounts when SERO is out there.

If ATT seems attractive to you and you can live with a low bucket of data, pick up a new number and ATT and give it a spin for a few days. Be sure to do it within 1.5-2 weeks or less from the end of you sprint billing cycle. You could be in one of the areas where ATT has built out and has capacity, or you could be in an area of strained capacity. Some people report fantastic call quality on ATT, others (like where I am) have a gargled , hissing call dropping mess.

Should you decide not to stay with ATT, they're going to hit you for the activation fee and a month of service still... for that reason, you could always try the ATT network via a prepaid provider.

just throwing this out there as a point to consider. you said you only used 1 gig of data, was that because you don't use data that much? or is your area so slow on data on sprint you don't use data that much? if you switch and have faster speeds you might find yourself using more data because of the faster speeds.

just throwing this out there as a point to consider. you said you only used 1 gig of data, was that because you don't use data that much? or is your area so slow on data on sprint you don't use data that much? if you switch and have faster speeds you might find yourself using more data because of the faster speeds.

Possibly both, but more so because I am on wifi at home and anywhere I can get it. That Gb was mainly me, my wife used .2 of a gb