Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Yes.

Do you happen to know where the towers that service the Arden arcade area (howe/cap city Fwy) are located and if any permits have been issued? Thank you Edited by owlbcnu

Do you happen to know where the towers that service the Arden arcade area (howe/cap city Fwy) are located and if any permits have been issued? Thank you

Yep. It's on my permit map in the sponsor area. It has the GPS locations of all 500+ cell sites in our market on one map and another with all the sites with permits applied / in progress / issued & accepted for whatever technology. 

• Like 1

Very nice pictures but sadly no movement on any of those yet. They have to get moving soon though. Lots of these permits are going to expire in september & october and if they don't do any work on them then they'll need to start the whole process over again. 

• Like 3

Very nice pictures but sadly no movement on any of those yet. They have to get moving soon though. Lots of these permits are going to expire in september & october and if they don't do any work on them then they'll need to start the whole process over again. 

What a cruel joke that would be if those Spring issued permits just end up expiring. Does that happen often?

What a cruel joke that would be if those Spring issued permits just end up expiring. Does that happen often?

Not that I know of, yet. These permits cost more than a thousand dollars in fees out of the pockets of the applicant who are usually contractors themselves so they do have plenty of motivation to move. Plenty of permits (about ~200)  are already at their mid lifes so it's only a matter of time until we see some substantial progress.

• Like 2

Not that I know of, yet. These permits cost a little more than a thousand dollars in fees out of the pockets of the applicant who are usually contractors themselves so they do have plenty of motivation to move. Plenty of permits are already at their mid lifes so it's only a matter of time until we see some substantial progress.

I wish Rancho actually had an available list of permit issuances. Maybe I will try to go in soon and ask for just that.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Is it bad that I've never been so excited to go to Roseville? Just cause I may experience some LTE goodness?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Hi,

First time poster here.  We're looking to switch over to Sprint with their Galaxy S4.  Living in Manteca, and work in Modesto, and travel to San Jose/Bay area regularly.

Rumors are Modesto should be rolling out LTE within the next couple months?  Anyone have any ideas on roll-out for Manteca?  I assume the antennas for Modesto are too far to serve Manteca?

Not that I know of, yet. These permits cost more than a thousand dollars in fees out of the pockets of the applicant who are usually contractors themselves so they do have plenty of motivation to move. Plenty of permits (about ~200) are already at their mid lifes so it's only a matter of time until we see some substantial progress.

Is it easy and/or costly to get extensions?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Hi,

First time poster here.  We're looking to switch over to Sprint with their Galaxy S4.  Living in Manteca, and work in Modesto, and travel to San Jose/Bay area regularly.

Rumors are Modesto should be rolling out LTE within the next couple months?  Anyone have any ideas on roll-out for Manteca?  I assume the antennas for Modesto are too far to serve Manteca?

About half of Modesto Sprint sites have been permitted and issued (work can begin any day or has already begun) and are listed / marked on my permit map in the sponsor area. The only Sprint tower in Manteca was applied last month and should be issued or will be issued soon. 

Is it easy and/or costly to get extensions?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Couple hundred $$$'s and week(s) of waiting. 

Edit: Oh and welcome to the site!

Edited by lilotimz

4G LTE is live between Red Bluff and Cottonwood.  I had signal check going and it is live on at least three sites.  Mapped on sensorly.  I am so excited.  Can anyone give me information on the sites around corning, ca?  I have not been able to find them on the permit status map.

• Like 1

4G LTE is live between Red Bluff and Cottonwood.  I had signal check going and it is live on at least three sites.  Mapped on sensorly.  I am so excited.  Can anyone give me information on the sites around corning, ca?  I have not been able to find them on the permit status map.

Very nice mapping! Keep it up!

Hi,

Sprint guy said Modesto should be having LTE within 2 months or so and work has already begun.

Could be less. But Manteca needs a lot of work, my service there is awful. constantly roaming or at 1 bar since I can remember

Sprint guy said Modesto should be having LTE within 2 months or so and work has already begun.

Could be less. But Manteca needs a lot of work, my service there is awful. constantly roaming or at 1 bar since I can remember

I have been told by many Sprint employees that absolute worse case scenario: UCV is completely live by the end of the year. But they are saying mid fall would be their anticipated time to expect LTE to be up and running in the market.

I have been told by many Sprint employees that absolute worse case scenario: UCV is completely live by the end of the year. But they are saying mid fall would be their anticipated time to expect LTE to be up and running in the market.

Yeah I'm sure it will. How's the LTE up north? I haven't had the chance to go up there yet

Yeah I'm sure it will. How's the LTE up north? I haven't had the chance to go up there yet

It's pretty good if you're within the radius the tower / cell site was designed in mind with and speeds range from 10-20 mbps on average and goes up to the 30s when you're within line of sight of the tower / cell site. It gets a bit wonky when you get further away from the site and start reaching into the -106 dBm  and above territory. Lots of fringe coverage areas due to the fact that not many towers are online and speeds are quite variable because of it.

Roseville area though should be solid. They're about 2/3rds done. 

Wonder where the mystery signal is coming from based upon the mapping on Sensorly? 4G mapping on Franklin, near Big Horn, and Franklin/Cosumnes over in the Elk Grove/South Sac area

Oh yeah, LTE is very nice in Roseville. Very exciting just to see that, and know whats in store for the UCV, let alone Sprint here in the not too distant future

• Like 1

Guest vijaysingh

Wonder where the mystery signal is coming from based upon the mapping on Sensorly? 4G mapping on Franklin, near Big Horn, and Franklin/Cosumnes over in the Elk Grove/South Sac area

Oh yeah, LTE is very nice in Roseville. Very exciting just to see that, and know whats in store for the UCV, let alone Sprint here in the not too distant future

I've been trying to figure that out myself. I've been trying to map as much as I can but sometimes my sensorly app starts acting up. I live in Laguna West so that tower isn't far from my house but I only get 3G in most of the area except those 2 isolated pockets...which is spotty too because going East on Laguna over the railroad tracks...I don't get LTE but going West over the same area i get LTE. I mapped a lot more LTE on Franklin Blvd but can't figure out where the signal is coming from. There is also some LTE on Florin and Franklin area but Sensorly was acting retarded 

Guest vijaysingh

I was as my fiance's house over the weekend in W Sac and noticed some LTE in the housing area around Lake Washington/Jefferson Blvd. Signal was very weak because it only worked upstairs,..didn't get the signal outside in the front or back yards.