Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

I'm using the plain jane rom. Do i need to flash back to stock in order to acess LTE? 

You should not need to. Your phone will automatically detect & connect to LTE if it is available in the area you're in. If not, then a simple airplane mode  / prl update should recycle the phone antenna and it'll search for a LTE signal. That's how I snagged a weak signal inside my house with my friends GS3. 

Nice, I'm going there in a couple of weeks.  Wife's dad lives up there so we are gonna visit him for the weekend.  Always nice to check out the new network in different places

Still hoping for more in downtown/midtown. I ordered my phone upgrade and should get it early next week (worth saving $100 on the price, IMO). I'm usually on my wifi at my house, but I try to remember to turn wifi off to see if I get any LTE signal every now and then. So far, nothing.

Reno now has Sprint 4G LTE up an running on/around Hwy 395 from about Moana Ln to South Meadows Pkwy.  If you want to experince it yourself without driving on the highway simply go to the Sam's Club & WalMart parking lot on Kietzke Lane.  There's 5 bar 4G LTE there.  I don't know exactly when it was fired up, but I left on a trip 7/24/13 and it was NOT 4G, but when I returned on 7/31/13 there was 4G.  I have run the Sensorly.com app on the freeway and then back along the same approximate route on S Virginia St . . . so hopefully they'll update the purple on their coverage maps soon.  I got 7.95 down and 2.51 up speeds on my best test.

• Like 3

Reno now has Sprint 4G LTE up an running on/around Hwy 395 from about Moana Ln to South Meadows Pkwy.  If you want to experince it yourself without driving on the highway simply go to the Sam's Club & WalMart parking lot on Kietzke Lane.  There's 5 bar 4G LTE there.  I don't know exactly when it was fired up, but I left on a trip 7/24/13 and it was NOT 4G, but when I returned on 7/31/13 there was 4G.  I have run the Sensorly.com app on the freeway and then back along the same approximate route on S Virginia St . . . so hopefully they'll update the purple on their coverage maps soon.  I got 7.95 down and 2.51 up speeds on my best test.

Keep up the good mapping! Always lovely to see purple appear in a major city.

Stumble upon this site trying ID what I though was cell site for sprint thought I would share:
http://www.antennasearch.com/default.asp

I also came across this one which I use to finding matching microware links via callsigns from the antennasearch site using the view antenna results.
http://www.interceptradio.com/fcc.php

• Like 1

Stumble upon this site trying ID what I though was cell site for sprint thought I would share:

http://www.antennasearch.com/default.asp

I also came across this one which I use to finding matching microware links via callsigns from the antennasearch site using the view antenna results.

http://www.interceptradio.com/fcc.php

That's a pretty cool site. Nice find!

Guest vijaysingh

Attn: all of my fellow Sprint users.. the tower around Elk Grove Blvd/ Laguna Blvd and highway 99 hasn't had working data(internet) for about 2 weeks as far as I've noticed.I called them on Monday and they were supposed to have it fixed by Thursday. Apparently, Sprint won't do anything till they get more complaints from customers about it...so if you have Sprint... can you call them and complain so we can get working internet again. The rep I talked to today said the tower does show issues with dropping the data connection while everything else is still working. 

Perhaps they are prepping for NV equipment installation.

Attn: all of my fellow Sprint users.. the tower around Elk Grove Blvd/ Laguna Blvd and highway 99 hasn't had working data(internet) for about 2 weeks as far as I've noticed.I called them on Monday and they were supposed to have it fixed by Thursday. Apparently, Sprint won't do anything till they get more complaints from customers about it...so if you have Sprint... can you call them and complain so we can get working internet again. The rep I talked to today said the tower does show issues with dropping the data connection while everything else is still working.

Guest vijaysingh

Perhaps they are prepping for NV equipment installation.

I don't think that is the case because rep I spoke to said he can see the data service stop working. If they were working on NV... service might be poor or up and down...not down for 2 weeks. 

In the big sur area. Not sure if I'm still in the UCV region but its definitely the best speed I've ever gotten :D whatever doubts I had with Sprint are gone. Unlimited of this and you can't be asking for much more :)

I just filed a complaint. The rep had me repeat the location and the zip code about 5 times before he finally got it (I assume he had to input it into several screens). I was wondering what was going on there. I am there a lot and you're right there has been zero data for what seems to be 2 weeks.

I just picked up a blip if LTE in south sac today, Florin Rd and 24th Ave. is that bleed over from the pocket area or has work begun in south sac?

That's a bit too far for the west sac site that serves the pocket area as I lose LTE connectivity well before I hit sacramento executive airport. Could it be the mack road site or another in the vicinity? hmm...

If its mack rd id be sooooo happy my store is right there and ive never had good signal there

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I highly doubt it's the permit on Mack Rd close by Franklin. I drive past that one 3 days out of the week, and it's still a horrible 3G connection when I park next to it. .05-.30 mb speeds.

I highly doubt it's the permit on Mack Rd close by Franklin. I drive past that one 3 days out of the week, and it's still a horrible 3G connection when I park next to it. .05-.30 mb speeds.

Yeah, in drive by it a few times a week as well and haven't seen any new equipment either.

Huge update for Reno and Carson City:

Some kind soul has Sensorly running on their device, so I check the maps for updates fairly often. I've seen LTE in Carson City since May, but sometime between July 31 and August 2nd, some LTE towers have been turned on in Reno. It looks like we will have 4G before the end of the summer *fingers crossed*

http://i.imgur.com/6iO8Aug.png

Here's a detailed view:

http://i.imgur.com/FGcKcNt.png