Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

It's pretty good if you're within the radius the tower / cell site was designed in mind with and speeds range from 10-20 mbps on average and goes up to the 30s when you're within line of sight of the tower / cell site. It gets a bit wonky when you get further away from the site and start reaching into the -106 dBm  and above territory. Lots of fringe coverage areas due to the fact that not many towers are online and speeds are quite variable because of it.

Roseville area though should be solid. They're about 2/3rds done. 

What's the typical radius of coverage for their towers?

My sister was in Monterey Bay this weekend and I asked her to check for 4G before I checked Sensorly. I then noticed that there was nothing mapped for 4G in Monterey but she got back to me and said 4G was running for her and she was averaging speed tests around 5 mb down. It was surprising since there was none mapped whatsoever. I had began to think that almost always someone will have mapped it if there was a live connection.

My 3G has been absolutely ridiculous here in East Davis for the past couple days. Can't even get it to locate itself on speedtest app.

Hopefully its a good sign!

The east Davis Sprint site has already been physically upgraded. It's a waiting game for whoever it is that was contracted to do the backhaul for the site in order to fire up upgraded 3G & 4G. 

What's the typical radius of coverage for their towers?

Depends on tower configuration. Some sites can be configured for a few blocks, others a few miles, and those in rural areas can reach more than 8 miles with nearly zero downtilt.

The east Davis Sprint site has already been physically upgraded. It's a waiting game for whoever it is that was contracted to do the backhaul for the site in order to fire up upgraded 3G & 4G. 

Lilotimz,

Do we know if any of the 4G Accepted Sites have gone 3G Accepted as well? Is there another report to find out when some of the 4G accepted sites get accepted for 3G?

Anyone here picking up the new LG G2 phone?

First phone to support Sprint's tri-band network.

Not here. I just picked up the HTC One a few weeks ago, so I won't be upgrading again any time soon. I think it's awesome they got their tri-band phone out. Hopefully the service will follow soon after.

Aww, it didn't post. Short minute of LTE signal at East End Complex in downtown Sacramento. I got a signal screenshot that I will post when I can. *happynerddance*

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

ga4any8y.jpg Just east of Capitol Park.

Prob from West Sac right?

I'm sitting directly across from the capitol right now and I don't see any LTE. In fact, my service is almost non existent right now. 3G signal is the worst it has ever been and my normal phone service is highly degraded. Hopefully that's a sign that they are building but it's sorta been like this for a few weeks for me now.

What do you think?

Edited by jwigley

Just saw your previous post on the last page in regard to it only lasting a minute.

Sprint service is so abysmal right now that my buddy at work here and his entire family jumped ship to AT&T. He was excited for Sprint LTE but he just couldn't stand it anymore after all this time I guess.

Work on downtown will probably begin next month or the month after. It depends if the city can approve the permits it by the end of the month.

Sent from my SPH-D710

Just saw your previous post on the last page in regard to it only lasting a minute.Sprint service is so abysmal right now that my buddy at work here and his entire family jumped ship to AT&T. He was excited for Sprint LTE but he just couldn't stand it anymore after all this time I guess.

It is the first time I have seen it at k building downtown and I have heard of some signal at Cal Trans, too. Might come from West Sac, but it is still a little far. If I see it again, I will stand still and run Sensorly.

Work on downtown will probably begin next month or the month after. It depends if the city can approve the permits it by the end of the month.

Sent from my SPH-D710

I was just surprised to see it because I don't expect much before October or November in midtown.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are the antennas at 1501 R Street the ones at the top of the parking structure at the RT station? Can we freely drive to the top, or is it controlled parking?

It looks like state parking to me but I know some of the state parking structures allow people to park for a fee. My parking structure down the street on 13 & P allows non state employees to park for a fee and also directs them to park on the top level.

I ran sensorly at burgers and brews a few weeks back and didn't get anything but I'm still not sure where exactly the tower is at except that it's near that intersection.

Edited by jwigley

Can anyone tell me if any of these pictures are of sprint equipment?  These towers are not on any sprint map but i seem to get a damn good signal when i am by them and signal check BSL seems to indicate that i am connecting to one of them it gives the location of this area which is Sour Grass Road.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gtvtrkokk7caee/DSCF0263.JPG

I have a closer pic of the one in the background with only one rack

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubjs3d25w5x22ug/DSCF0267.JPG

Can anyone tell me if any of these pictures are of sprint equipment?  These towers are not on any sprint map but i seem to get a damn good signal when i am by them and signal check BSL seems to indicate that i am connecting to one of them it gives the location of this area which is Sour Grass Road.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gtvtrkokk7caee/DSCF0263.JPG

I have a closer pic of the one in the background with only one rack

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubjs3d25w5x22ug/DSCF0267.JPG

None of them look like any Sprint legacy or NV equipment to me and since it's not listed on our maps then it's probably not these ones.