Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

I've noticed that on my way from  downtown (99 North from hwy 4)

I've been getting total signal loss, like there's a .25-.5mi hole in data coverage. I show no signal in signalcheck but I have very slow data speeds in speedtests. In the same spot too.. there's a sprint tower by raleys but its a ways up the road from where I seem to lose signal.

on top of that, data speeds around the same area have been crap(pier than normal :P )

downtown speeds have dropped to about half of what they were in the last month or two, and that started about a week or so ago.

#fingerscrossed

Ohh I haven't been to that area lately, just march lane for my school. But the speeds seem normal there :/

My fingers are crossing really hard for Stockton to be next!

Lucky people up north already having LTE :/

Looking at your pictures the Double Stacked Antenna Panels not the round ones... the ones right above or below each each other kind of spread out is an AT&T array. Sprint is either on the very top or right below the double stacked AT&T antennas.

AT&T has been adding a 2nd RRU to their antenna sector's all over Sacramento so it could be AT&T doing work as well.....hopefully it is Sprint though.

Are AT&T allowed to out their own antennas on a Sprint owned tower? That tower is owned by Sprint

Noticed on sensorly like 10 days ago there was some LTE in a small area in Tracy,CA but i've been to the Bay Area like 3x the past 10 days and haven't gotten LTE on my S3 nor my ipad mini :/

Used signal check and LTE discovery app and nada :/

I've noticed that on my way from  downtown (99 North from hwy 4)

I've been getting total signal loss, like there's a .25-.5mi hole in data coverage. I show no signal in signalcheck but I have very slow data speeds in speedtests. In the same spot too.. there's a sprint tower by raleys but its a ways up the road from where I seem to lose signal.

on top of that, data speeds around the same area have been crap(pier than normal :P )

downtown speeds have dropped to about half of what they were in the last month or two, and that started about a week or so ago.

#fingerscrossed

A Sprint rep just confirmed that the tower is undergoing 4G LTE work :D

Idk If I should take that with a grain of salt or be happy haha

Here's the link:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/128462

A Sprint rep just confirmed that the tower is undergoing 4G LTE work :D

Idk If I should take that with a grain of salt or be happy haha

Here's the link:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/128462

Get images of the antennas & any other equipment. Sprint reps have access to something called GLANCE which shows network vision upgrade estimated time periods. I believe it has statuses for (now), 30 days, 90 days, and to 180 days for when upgrades are estimated to begin. 

Are AT&T allowed to out their own antennas on a Sprint owned tower? That tower is owned by Sprint

Simple Answer is Co-located. The owner of a tower can lease to whatever carriers want to pay a price to put up equipment at a cost of course.

Hi guys im new but i have a question. Do any of you know if they are going to start work in San Jaoquin county soon? The service is just not there where i need it like inside of target or other stores. Ive been with sprint for 8 years and im excited about the upgrades coming i just hope its soon.

Inside of Target sucks regardless of where there is 4g service. But, I think I saw work in Ceres a week or so ago. There is work bein done throughout the county. The sponsor map might say more specifically.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Was able to map out from Industrial, down to Jefferson blvd a little bit the other day.  Still had signal in the Target/Nugget plaza on Jefferson/Lake washington.  Dropped when I started back onto Jefferson.

Decided to take some photos of the tower on Front street when I went over to River City Grill to grab some lunch.  I can get much closer, will go out again tomorrow...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63096940/20130806_122615.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63096940/20130806_122602.jpg

Guest vijaysingh

Can any of the moderator's give us an update on Elk Grove? A couple permits have been issued for quite some time now.

I don't know if it's LTE related or not but the Sprint rep I talked to yesterday about the huge 'outage' in Elk Grove said it should be "fixed" by Thursday. She is going to do a follow up call with me on Sunday, since she is off on Fri & Sat, to see if things are working again for me and then give me a service credit for the 'outage'. I can update on Friday if things are up and after I speak to her on Sunday.

Was able to map out from Industrial, down to Jefferson blvd a little bit the other day.  Still had signal in the Target/Nugget plaza on Jefferson/Lake washington.  Dropped when I started back onto Jefferson.

Decided to take some photos of the tower on Front street when I went over to River City Grill to grab some lunch.  I can get much closer, will go out again tomorrow...

Better images of the bottom rack required. Looks like a network vision setup to thine eyes.

• Like 1

Hi guys im new but i have a question. Do any of you know if they are going to start work in San Jaoquin county soon? The service is just not there where i need it like inside of target or other stores. Ive been with sprint for 8 years and im excited about the upgrades coming i just hope its soon.

They already are on French Camp RD in Weston Ranch, Stockton. A Sprint rep confirmed it to me today after I showed the pics of the tower.

People on this site have also said Modesto is undergoing. On Sensorly there's a really small spot of LTE in Tracy but I never picked up LTE when i went to the Bay Area this past week.

Manteca probably needs it more than any other city, the service there has always been pretty pretty bad

Alright! From the top down on the tower...Nextel...then Clearwire...then Sprint. On the bottom rack...that looks to me like Sprint Legacy 3G and Sprint NV Samsung Gear with RRU's!!!! This tower is probably just waiting to go 4G Accepted once backhaul is ready....

• Like 1

=)

Decided to visit a random tower on my way to dinner tonight. 

Sent from my SPH-D710

Looking at both pictures... Starting from the bottom of the tower...I believe is Verizon.. then Clearwire...then TMobile..then AT&T High Capacity or Verizon LTE Panels?...then Sprint Legacy 3G on the very top.

More updates and mapping for 4G LTE in Reno, NV.

Yesterday my travels took me down south by South Meadows Parkway and Double Diamond.

I did some more mapping on sensorly.com if you're interested AND perhaps more important saw the BEST SPEEDS I've SEEN YET, 20+M down / 7+M up, see screenshots below.

Screenshot_2013-08-05-20-24-43B.jpgScreenshot_2013-08-05-20-24-44B.jpg

The mapping is looking great! I got some done up near South Virginia and McCarren, think I may have even found the culprit tower across from the convention center, I may try and get some pics soon. I couldn't seem to get a 4G signal east of Virginia which I thought was a little weird since the signal is so strong close by. Hopefully we'll see more sites come online soon. those speeds are looking great though!

Edited by Cosmic

Guest vijaysingh

That would be me mapping on sensorly. I couldn't really believe it when I saw it. It was isolated to 2 small areas though. There is a Sprint tower on high tech court. I will go by and take some pictures as soon as I can and hopefully dinner of you can identify the equipment.

I don't believe my eyes but Sensorly shows some purple off Laguna Blvd at High Tech Ct in Elk Grove!

• Like 1

I can snap some on the way home from work today also.  Depending on which exit I feel like taking, Meadowview or Laguna  I drive by it on my way home

That would be me mapping on sensorly. I couldn't really believe it when I saw it. It was isolated to 2 small areas though. There is a Sprint tower on high tech court. I will go by and take some pictures as soon as I can and hopefully dinner of you can identify the equipment.

I don't believe my eyes but Sensorly shows some purple off Laguna Blvd at High Tech Ct in Elk Grove!

It could be the Sprint Tower off Laguna Blvd/High Tech Ct. Between I-5 and Franklin. See if you can find this tower and check it out and take pictures. Tower looks to be right at the North end of High Tech Ct.

It could be the Sprint Tower off Laguna Blvd/High Tech Ct. Between I-5 and Franklin. See if you can find this tower and check it out and take pictures. Tower looks to be right at the North end of High Tech Ct.

Looks to be a California Family Fitness right near by as well......just for a landmark.