Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Thats really nice, all i want to do this year is to be able to christmas shop in a store with my cell phone so i can call and or text my wife about certain items. I will be doing all the shopping since our 2nd kid is due in october and i dont feel like taking him to the crowded area stores for christmas shopping.

I also use my phone as a computer since i am a sysadmin and would love to be able to do that when im not on wifi.

I really love my phone but it just seems like its crippled by the service. Ive waiited a long tim for this and im glad the time is coming soon.

I am in the same boat with feeling like my phone is crippled. And congratulations on the new upcoming addition!

All I know is I am still under contract for another year. By that time. Sprint will have their network updated with SoftBank's guidance (and money) and the phones available should be able to play nicely with all of Sprint's frequencies. Love being on SERO ????

• Like 1

I will check out the progress if any on the A st. North Highlands tower on Saturday and Sunday. I will be passing it a few times each of those days.

This message brought to you in part by Sprint and the letters GS and the number 4

Kiefer Blvd, Mather is down right by the 4G Accepted tower off Jackson Rd. This is 4G Signal from that tower.

That was my thought. Not a solid signal, just popped in and out a few times while I was sitting there. Nice.

Depending on the area you live in, there's either work in progress, or they're waiting for the permit to be issued. North Natomas has an issued permit and should probably start work soon if they haven't already, south Natomas is still pending permit issue.

I live by foodco where fry's is area code 95834 do u knw about it :)

I think the tower is close to Fry's and it is pending a permit issue. I was just up there last weekend and I didn't see any physical work being done yet. I would expect work in the next 30-60 days in that area, though. If you're interested in tracking progress, the sponsor area of this site has a great map that is updated regularly with tower status.

• Like 1

I live by foodco where fry's is area code 95834 do u knw about it :)

Two towers going through the process through the county in the industrial areas north  and west of frys. One is north of frys on a giant lattice tower which is colored red and white and the other is west of Frys along the highway on the rooftop of a office building. 

The lattice tower is approved and awaiting pickup by the next available contractor while the one on the roof top is going through the permit process. City of Sacramento sites in North sac are still going through zoning, environmental reviews,  & neighborhood reviews but should be nearing time to apply for the building permits which is the final step before actual work can commence.

I think the tower is close to Fry's and it is pending a permit issue. I was just up there last weekend and I didn't see any physical work being done yet. I would expect work in the next 30-60 days in that area, though. If you're interested in tracking progress, the sponsor area of this site has a great map that is updated regularly with tower status.

I noticed 4g like 100ft from where I work on florin and 65th today while walking around looking for the tower but couldnt spot it. Anyone know where it is? And would sprint increase the coverage area for that tower anytime soon? I hate that while im at work I cant do anything but as soon as I walk around the corner of sears I get lte.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I did a few searches and couldn't figure it out. How do I map? I'm in Sacramento, CA and LTE seems to be live on the West Side freeway and in West Sacramento.

When the Sensorly app & my device's GPS is on, is it automatically mapping? If so, I'm happy to spend an entire day canvassing entire neighborhoods & segments of town with LTE service. (=

Thanks in advance for any help I can get. I can also pull permit records in the neighboring communities if the admins would like me to. I have a lot of free time on my hands over the coming weeks.

I picked up LTE on the I5/El Camino northbound all the way around to 80/Truxel eastbound yesterday, in Natomas. By the time I got to Northgate (1 exit to the east), I dropped back to 3G.

Sad face

I picked up LTE on the I5/El Camino northbound all the way around to 80/Truxel eastbound yesterday, in Natomas. By the time I got to Northgate (1 exit to the east), I dropped back to 3G.

Sad face

That's been the case in a lot of areas that haven't had 4g acceptance yet. I had that at my work and at my kid's school last week and was excited, only to have it drop back down to 3g if I breathed wrong. The signals are being worked on.

On another note, I drove by the giant Sprint tower in Rancho just a few minutes ago and didn't see any work at the actual tower, but there was a lift parked on the street very nearby that hasn't been there before. Since it's the weekend, I'm hopeful it is being used on the tower, since it is in progress. Joyous day had by all...at least in Rancho.

• Like 1

If anyone is near the UC Davis Medical Center on V street near midtown, go visit the giant concrete water tower and see if anything has happened. 

I might try that today. I have to go pick up the better half at Sac State and I can make it a giant loop of a trip. I'll see what I can do. If I can't today, I can drive by on Monday on my way in to work.

• Like 1