Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Service is terrible the past two days near Bannister and Fair Oaks (close to Sunrise). Phone service keeps dropping or going to local roam. Not sure how data was since I was using my Mother's WiFi at her house while visiting.

Any work going on around there?

I'm get 4G near my office on Beacon and Industrial. 107ms 4.22 down 1.93 up Friday July 26 @ 3:20

Also the Pocket area

• Greenheaven and Florin  Nugget Parking lot  (did think to speed test) Sunday July 28 @ 4:30
  • Riverside and Florin 97ms 8.5 down 5.82up Sunday July 28 @ 5:00
  • Lewis Park 94ms 1.47 down 36.59 up Sunday July 28 @ 5:15

Greenheaven and Pocket drops to 1x use to be 3g, I hope this is a indicator that 4g is coming

Just curious about PRL updatges on cyanogenmod. Anyone else running this ROM?

There's no way to update PRL within the OS..it can get tricky updating it at all form what I've read. Will we need to update PRL to get LTE when it goes live? Should I even be concerned?

There's no way to update PRL within the OS..it can get tricky updating it at all form what I've read. Will we need to update PRL to get LTE when it goes live? Should I even be concerned?

Nope. You'll need to hop back to a stock rom and update the prl there and flash CM if you do want to switch PRLs to the ones like what we have in the sponsors area. 

I have been roaming a lot in Rancho the past week or so. Way more often than usual, knowing that the service there is pretty pathetic. Hopefully some signal work is being played with.

• Like 1

Service disruptions (dropped calls / roaming / data not working / decreased signal strength) are to be expected when upgrades begin. When that happens, keep an eye on local towers / cell sites. Gotta look both on the structure itself and the base stations as usually different contractors do the installation for each. . 

Just flash a TW ROM and update the prl and profile. The easiest way to download it is make a nandroid of a tw ROM or stock rooted with custom recovery, update your prl and flash back to CM

Brought to you by Sprint and the letters GS and the number 4

Service disruptions (dropped calls / roaming / data not working / decreased signal strength) are to be expected when upgrades begin. When that happens, keep an eye on local towers / cell sites. Gotta look both on the structure itself and the base stations as usually different contractors do the installation for each. . 

Haven't seen anything up on the towers, but I haven't checked the base stations yet.

depending on what your current PRL is, you may not have to update it.  The prl update is not to enable your phone to connect to new towers.  basically, the PRL is a combination of groups of towers that the phone looks for, and Sprint will add new towers to the tower groups.

Sweet, thanks for the info. I just got fine reading up on PRLs and got a lot of useful knowledge..

I was not able to find the custom Prls you mentioned. Are they a premier sponsor feature? If not would you kind providing a link to the forum I can find then in? I've green tinkering with the idea of a custom one for a while.

I'm surprised there isn't an app to flash custom prls

Nope. You'll need to hop back to a stock rom and update the prl there and flash CM if you do want to switch PRLs to the ones like what we have in the sponsors area.

depending on what your current PRL is, you may not have to update it.  The prl update is not to enable your phone to connect to new towers.  basically, the PRL is a combination of groups of towers that the phone looks for, and Sprint will add new towers to the tower groups.

Sweet, thanks for the info. I just got fine reading up on PRLs and got a lot of useful knowledge..

I was not able to find the custom Prls you mentioned. Are they a premier sponsor feature? If not would you kind providing a link to the forum I can find then in? I've green tinkering with the idea of a custom one for a while.

I'm surprised there isn't an app to flash custom prls  

There is an app to update PRL, but the problem is you can only use it on whatever your stock flavor is (TW for samsung, Sense for HTC, Vanilla for Nexus, etc).  I don't know all the specifics as to why you can't, but you definitely can't (aosp/cm dialer doesn't have support for ## codes for some reason).  

As for finding the custom PRLs, I don't know whether or not there is a list in the sponsor area or not, but I usually go to the xda thread.  it has a list of every sprint PRL including what differences they have.

Deep splurge of purple on sensorly near garden high way / interstate 80 on the north side of West Sacramento. A Sprint cell site was permitted and issued there a while back so I believe it has went active with LTE and may have been accepted. 

ng1I5Ur.png

• Like 2

I am downtown near the Capitol and I had 4G for about five minutes.  I did a speed test using OpenSignal and had download speeds of 125 and 312 kbps.  My upload speeds were 1294 and 18062(!!!)kbps.  This was at 4:02pm.

Welcome to the forums! You seem to be getting a fringe signal from West Sacramento where weird stuff happens but at least it's still better than legacy 3g.

These two apps are what you need in order to track the rollout.

Sensorly - to map where coverage can be found

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sensorly.viewer

&

SignalCheck - to look at raw information and accurate data on signal reception etc - pro version gives an alert when 4G or 800 mhz is discovered.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blueline.signalchecklite

• Like 1

Hum hum hum... inside my house with a -110 signal

b4Cf8WV.png

tFWqeyO.png

GQ7FNO5.png

Show off!!

Just kidding. That's hopeful. Upgrade for me is TOMORROW finally and I'm going to go into the Rancho store and pick up an HTC One. I'll ask him if he has any insight on the Rancho progress. I also know to take what they way with a grain of salt. Two years ago, I asked about the rollout and he said within a year. HA! That was in spring 2011. I'm really hoping the reason I'm not picking up LTE at my house is that I have a weak radio on the EVO 4G LTE.

There is not any Sprint 4G LTE Accepted Sites in Rancho yet. There is only 1 4G Accepted Site south of Mather AFB along Jackson Highway near excellseir...

To be Exact it is alongside Jackson Rd between Excelsior and Eagles Nest Rd right down the little street called Tree View Lane.

To be Exact it is alongside Jackson Rd between Excelsior and Eagles Nest Rd right down the little street called Tree View Lane.

Yeah, I know about that one. And it sucks because I used to live in the houses out there. Now I don't. *sigh* Soon.....soon......

• Like 1