Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

every tower that I've connected to has been losing connection constantly... Even when right next to the tower. I can sit right under a tower and my phone won't switch to LTE for at least a good 10 minutes. Should I have this checked out by a sprint tech? And yes I have updated to the newest software... Hasn't done much in the way of reception, and still haven't gotten to try HD voice

Sitting right under the tower doesn't do much for your signal. A block away would probably do better.

In those 10 minutes, did you try an airplane mode toggle or anything? It may be the scan time causing it to take a while to find it. Although my ONE is pretty good at picking up LTE within a few minutes.

Sitting right under the tower doesn't do much for your signal. A block away would probably do better.

In those 10 minutes, did you try an airplane mode toggle or anything? It may be the scan time causing it to take a while to find it. Although my ONE is pretty good at picking up LTE within a few minutes.

well across the street... I was over exaggerating, but yeah I can cycle the network modes/airplane mode/PRL update and maybe get it to connect. I've just been frustrated because I'm used to wimax phones constantly searching for a signal. Didn't realize it is a set interval when searching for LTE. My Note 2 seems to keep a fairly reliable connection compared to the my one and switches from cdma to Lte a lot quicker

well across the street... I was over exaggerating, but yeah I can cycle the network modes/airplane mode/PRL update and maybe get it to connect. I've just been frustrated because I'm used to wimax phones constantly searching for a signal. Didn't realize it is a set interval when searching for LTE. My Note 2 seems to keep a fairly reliable connection compared to the my one and switches from cdma to Lte a lot quicker

The GN2 and Galaxy S4 are pure RF beasts and can pick up signals very quickly and hold onto them longer. Might be the reason why your GN2 is picking up LTE better than your HT Cone.

The GN2 and Galaxy S4 are pure RF beasts and can pick up signals very quickly and hold onto them longer. Might be the reason why your GN2 is picking up LTE better than your HT Cone.

shoot.. Might have to pick up a GS4 for my daily driver because this is driving me crazy

When it does connect, what does the signal look like? Is it actually a strong signal? Have you had the LTE Engineering screen open when you do this? (or SignalCheck Pro). If it's not a strong signal, you're not connecting to the tower you think you are.

.... cue AJ.  LOL

Sprint told me that the area is scheduled to get an upgrade within the next three months. Now due to the fact that they had to balls to lie to everyone this statement should be taken with a grain of salt. However with the new Softbank plan 2014 looks to be bright. I'm just not sure if by then it'll be too late for us....

4G LTE downtown Sacramento.

My coworker picked up 4G LTE in our building near O & 11th street on his HTC Evo LTE this morning. He sent me a couple screen captures but I can't figure out how to upload the images yet.

EDIT: I think I got it.

post-19755-0-64889000-1374857795_thumb.jpgpost-19755-0-28375200-1374857804_thumb.jpg

Edited by jwigley

Someone run over to R & 15th and do prl update & airplane mode toggle then run sensorly. 

If it's not there then it's coming from west sacramento. 

I've never used Sensorly. Is it made by Simply Advanced? Maybe I will go to Burgers and Brews for lunch and try Sensorly.

My buddy said the 4G popped up suddenly and he browsed a couple pages before it went away, then it came back up again a few minutes later and he got the screen shots, then the signal went away again and didn't come back.

We have noticed that our phone service has sucked very bad for the past couple days. I keep going on roam and my 3G keeps dissappearing or is unable to fully connect. My buddy said his phone went to 1X for a little bit a couple days ago.

DT Sac here too. near the capitol. my 4g has been flickering on and off all morning.

I sit on the N street side of my building facing the Capitol building. I haven't seen 4G yet but I am unable to check often since I have work projects going on.

I've never used Sensorly. Is it made by Simply Advanced? Maybe I will go to Burgers and Brews for lunch and try Sensorly.

My buddy said the 4G popped up suddenly and he browsed a couple pages before it went away, then it came back up again a few minutes later and he got the screen shots, then the signal went away again and didn't come back.

We have noticed that our phone service has sucked very bad for the past couple days. I keep going on roam and my 3G keeps dissappearing or is unable to fully connect. My buddy said his phone went to 1X for a little bit a couple days ago.

http://www.sensorly.com/

Sensorly App

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sensorly.viewer

Signal Check Pro (pay version) & Lite (free) to see your actual reception.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blueline.signalcheck

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blueline.signalchecklite

Someone run over to R & 15th and do prl update & airplane mode toggle then run sensorly. 

If it's not there then it's coming from west sacramento. 

So once I get to Burgers and Brews (which is basically right there at R & 15), you want me to do a PRL update, switch to airplane mode, then take it off airplane mode, and then quickly run Sensorly "Trip Map?"

So once I get to Burgers and Brews (which is basically right there at R & 15), you want me to do a PRL update, switch to airplane mode, then take it off airplane mode, and then quickly run Sensorly "Trip Map?"

PRL update and airplane mode toggles the radio to scan for LTE signals. 

PRL update and airplane mode toggles the radio to scan for LTE signals. 

Hey lilotimz, is there a sprint tower somewhere on Watt with a permit out? Maybe around Mclellan? I could swear I saw out of the corner of my eye someone working on a tower down there but I was turning onto Antelope from Watt so it was a bit far away. I won't be back up there until sunday probably but maybe Giantjay can go take pictures sometime sooner than that.

Hey lilotimz, is there a sprint tower somewhere on Watt with a permit out? Maybe around Mclellan? I could swear I saw out of the corner of my eye someone working on a tower down there but I was turning onto Antelope from Watt so it was a bit far away. I won't be back up there until sunday probably but maybe Giantjay can go take pictures sometime sooner than that.

Off Blackfoot and Watt there is a tower. I will be heading to work and drive by to check it out! I hope you are right.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Off Blackfoot and Watt there is a tower. I will be heading to work and drive by to check it out! I hope you are right.

It's not that one, there's nothing on that one yet. From there, turn onto Watt towards Food Source and further down towards the Airforce base or the post office and you should see it straight ahead.

post-19126-0-45451500-1374863701_thumb.jpg

It was around where I circled in red. That's why I asked if there were any permits out over there. Hopefully its a sprint tower.

Edited by tilltheend

I know where this tower is as well. It's right in the vicinity of a public/private storage place just south and then east of the Walmart on Watt/Elverta. I'll try to check it out this weekend sometime. Jay maybe you can check it out first. I wish we could get some more info on that Stealth Tower by the Firestation/Antelope Highschool off Elverta. If I go to Antelope Golf Course this weekend I will check out the other Sprint Tower there off Elverta. That one is right next to the Golf Course Pro Shop/Driving Range.

It's not that one, there's nothing on that one yet. From there, turn onto Watt towards Food Source and further down towards the Airforce base or the post office and you should see it straight ahead.

attachicon.gifSprint.jpg

It was around where I circled in red. That's why I asked if there were any permits out over there. Hopefully its a sprint tower.

If your talking about the tower right at Watt and Elkhorn that one is not Sprint. I believe Nextel(iDen) is on the Watt/Elkhorn tower though maybe they are taking Nextel equipment down? Sprint's is just down the street West down Elkhorn Blvd from Watt about 2 blocks..maybe you saw that one, but that's pretty far away to see from the Antelope/Watt Intersection. 

I didn't get anything on Sensorly at R & 15th.

I kinda doubt that it was coming from West Sac because none of us here have noticed it before but maybe they brought up a new tower in West Sac today that is close enough to blip into downtown sometimes?

I am really hoping that they are close to turning up 4G in Midtown, at least it would explain why the service has been unacceptably poor and non existent at times out here over the past week.

I didn't get anything on Sensorly at R & 15th. I kinda doubt that it was coming from West Sac because none of us here have noticed it before but maybe they brought up a new tower in West Sac today that is close enough to blip into downtown sometimes? I am really hoping that they are close to turning up 4G in Midtown, at least it would explain why the service has been unacceptably poor and non existent at times out here over the past week.

Thought so. So it is coming from a site out in West Sac. I wonder which one... hmm...

By the way, you were right by a Sprint cell site that has a permit ready to be issued and just waiting for a contractor crew to pick it up.