Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Back in town. Didn't see any physical work being done in Rancho since I got back Monday. Didn't have LTE in all of San Diego, but when I did have it, it was pretty sweet. Here's hoping they continue to get the NV equipment up and running.

As a side note, my husband has officially called me a tech nerd. He is impressed with everything that I've gotten out of this site and what I've learned. I was edumacating him on cell towers and equipment on our drive down to SD. Good times.

For several weeks I had LTE over near the Old Spaghetti Factor on Sunrise Ave near I80/Douglas Blvd in Roseville.  Now, this week, nothing.  I've updated my PRL and profile, pulled the battery, left the building and went walking around to see if I could get a signal.   Any idea on what's going on?

Yeah I'm having the same problem... The tower that covered my house is no longer broadcasting LTE... I'm curious as to why

Has there been any announcement on Sacramento from Sprint in regard to a timeline yet?

There has not. There's an off chance Sacramento may be mentioned on the 30th when Sprint makes a big launch announcement. But given that work has barely begun in Sacramento, it's likely it'll be another month or two before we start to see Sprint mention Sacramento. 

My data connection in downtown Sacramento was far worse than usual today. I had to hold my phone above my head for about 30 seconds to get a facebook page to load.

Also switched a couple times today to local roaming. I am in a big concrete building on the top floor but I guess I'm only a couple blocks away from the tower.

I wish this was an indicator of them doing work but it looks like it's just a reminder of how poor the service is. Still patiently waiting though.

Edited by jwigley

Has there been any announcement on Sacramento from Sprint in regard to a timeline yet?

As far as I know Sprint said Q2 2014 for the UCV.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Original network vision plans called for deployment to begin at the end of quarter 2 / early q3 as one of the early 4th round markets. It's scheduled to be mostly done by the end of 2013 with >90% completion somewhere in Q1-Q2 2014. 

Our market is far simpler than the other California markets and will be deployed much quicker. At least we don't have to do 100+ page application docs for building permits and zoning and backhaul is far easier to acquire. 

As far as I know Sprint said Q2 2014 for the UCV.

so you're saying march of next year we're getting LTE? If so then I'm out brother. 

so you're saying march of next year we're getting LTE? If so then I'm out brother.

That's what Sprints official plan was. But a lot has changed since then, SoftBank buying us and Clearwire being bought by SoftBank to. I totally feel your pain, but it will definitely be this year, before fall I would guess. There are already about 9 towers that have LTE. 6 in the Sacramento area. Idk let's just hope that Softbanks cash flow helps put this all on fast forward.

• Like 1

Quarter 1 to Q2 for 100% of all 550 sites converted including the hundred GMOs that are on top of mountains or in the middle of nowhere in the sierra nevadas. Complete coverage will be acquired far earlier than 2014 and most likely by the middle of fall 2013. 

Lots of physical tower work are being done throughout the entire market. The wait up for acceptances / integration is for Ericsson inspectors (not local people) to come through and check off the towers / integrate. 

I can see Sprint announcing that work has begun in the Sacramento & surrounding region in their July 30 Q2 report.

P.S. You get pics of the east Davis tower yet?

• Like 2

Roseville, CA already has about 6-7 Towers with 4G LTE active. There are many others that are going through NV upgrades now and more soon to start. Sprint will not make a public announcement that 4G LTE is available until at least 50% of the UCV's Market's Tower's have been upgraded. Doesn't mean that you won't see 4G LTE active before that 50% is reached. Look at Roseville....they nearly have all their towers or a good chunk of towers upgraded and 4G LTE active now. For 90% of the UCV's towers to be upgraded and have 4G LTE active is expected to be Q2 2014. That is probably some 450+ Towers Total for all of the UCV Market. Once the tower near your home/house is upgraded to 4G LTE then you could probably care less about how fast the other towers are coming online/upgraded. But we should have great coverage by March Next Year Everywhere.

Oh OK good :) I've read this article and was feeling kind of down: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57595175-94/why-sprint-is-taking-its-sweet-time-with-4g-lte/

Sprint crossed a line with me when I couldn't get call reception in a no man's land in woodland (I thought service was good there  >:( ) and I had to stay in the hot weather with no water, until I made I walked I was able to send a text to my mom. I almost had to go to the ER  <_< but lilotimz you're giving me just enough hope not to quite (yet :P) and Jay I can't thank you enough for your help also. Hope by September I can see something ^_^

Oh OK good :) I've read this article and was feeling kind of down: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57595175-94/why-sprint-is-taking-its-sweet-time-with-4g-lte/

Sprint crossed a line with me when I couldn't get call reception in a no man's land in woodland (I thought service was good there  > :( ) and I had to stay in the hot weather with no water, until I made I walked I was able to send a text to my mom. I almost had to go to the ER  <_< but lilotimz you're giving me just enough hope not to quite (yet :P) and Jay I can't thank you enough for your help also. Hope by September I can see something ^_^

Woodland actually has confirmed (aka picture proof) Network Vision upgrades  going on which is known to cause extreme issues with voice / data. Sorry to hear about your predicament though. 

And hopefully. My lines are also up in October (16th to be exact) and I'll be damn sure everyone is well informed of whats happening. 

Woodland actually has confirmed (aka picture proof) Network Vision upgrades going on which is known to cause extreme issues with voice / data. Sorry to hear about your predicament though.

And hopefully. My lines are also up in October (16th to be exact) and I'll be damn sure everyone is well informed of whats happening.

October 16th is my birthday and the day my contract is up. Lol. Wiiiiieeerrrrddddd.

Well tomorrow I go to Best Buy for my first day. I will also be enjoying LTE in the area while at work! It will be just that much harder going back to my 3g when I get home. Hopefully I will be working a lot.

• Like 1

Well tomorrow I go to Best Buy for my first day. I will also be enjoying LTE in the area while at work! It will be just that much harder going back to my 3g when I get home. Hopefully I will be working a lot.

Fun fun fun! Gotta get those $$$!

• Like 1

Well tomorrow I go to Best Buy for my first day. I will also be enjoying LTE in the area while at work! It will be just that much harder going back to my 3g when I get home. Hopefully I will be working a lot. Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

there isn't any LTE near that Best Buy.

there isn't any LTE near that Best Buy.

There was when I was there a few weeks ago. And all around that area there is. Probably not in the store although I did have LTE when I was by the front doors.

There was when I was there a few weeks ago. And all around that area there is. Probably not in the store although I did have LTE when I was by the front doors.

probably my shitty HTC One radio... I don't get anything near the mall. I'm thinking about picking up a S4

probably my shitty HTC One radio... I don't get anything near the mall. I'm thinking about picking up a S4
I heard that some of the towers previously broadcasting LTE aren't or weren't anymore. I know Galleria Blvd was spotty with LTE when I was around there, so most likely its the network not your phone.

My girl has the HTC One on T-Mobile and she pick up LTE everywhere we go. Even in the middle of the Best Buy off Birdcage in Citrus Heights. I don't get any data at all in any of the Best Buys usually on my phone. Its usually not a phone issue and more of a network issue when data is bad. But it is possible to get bad devices, nothing is perfect.

You can have a tech check out the phone if you actually think its your device though. On that note, the S4 is a better phone spec wise and I like it more personally. But the One is a good device to, just not for me. Did you do the most recent software update? I know it added the feature of HD voice among other things.

The HTC ONE is really pretty on par with the S3, which was way better than the EVO LTE, so I don't think it's your radio. More than likely whatever site was covering that area is now off for the moment.

I heard that some of the towers previously broadcasting LTE aren't or weren't anymore. I know Galleria Blvd was spotty with LTE when I was around there, so most likely its the network not your phone. My girl has the HTC One on T-Mobile and she pick up LTE everywhere we go. Even in the middle of the Best Buy off Birdcage in Citrus Heights. I don't get any data at all in any of the Best Buys usually on my phone. Its usually not a phone issue and more of a network issue when data is bad. But it is possible to get bad devices, nothing is perfect. You can have a tech check out the phone if you actually think its your device though. On that note, the S4 is a better phone spec wise and I like it more personally. But the One is a good device to, just not for me. Did you do the most recent software update? I know it added the feature of HD voice among other things.

every tower that I've connected to has been losing connection constantly... Even when right next to the tower. I can sit right under a tower and my phone won't switch to LTE for at least a good 10 minutes. Should I have this checked out by a sprint tech? And yes I have updated to the newest software... Hasn't done much in the way of reception, and still haven't gotten to try HD voice

The HTC ONE is really pretty on par with the S3, which was way better than the EVO LTE, so I don't think it's your radio. More than likely whatever site was covering that area is now off for the moment.

It's been down for a couple of days... But my Note 2 is connecting and my HTC one still can't... Weird

every tower that I've connected to has been losing connection constantly... Even when right next to the tower. I can sit right under a tower and my phone won't switch to LTE for at least a good 10 minutes. Should I have this checked out by a sprint tech? And yes I have updated to the newest software... Hasn't done much in the way of reception, and still haven't gotten to try HD voice

Phones have a set scan interval before it checks for a LTE connection that can range from 5 minutes to over 30 minutes. You have to either toggle airplane mode or do a manual PRL update in order to cycle the radio in the device so it'll scan for LTE. 

• Like 1