Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

For several seconds this morning, 4G LTE flashed on my phone two separate times after I totally lost my 3G connection and the bars. This was off Kilgore Rd. near the Sprint building in Rancho Cordova, This also briefly happened about a month ago. Sprint has a tower in their parking lot. I did ask someone about it, they said they thought it was from a tower on White Rock Road....but no way to confirm this

That tower has been upgraded, as has the one on White Rock Rd. I am in that general area on a frequent basis and I have had 4G turn on for me on occasion. It has been maybe a month or so since the last time, but I notice it either super late at night or early on a Saturday morning. The signal could be generated from the live tower south of Mather, too, which has been broadcasting for many months now. Maybe they're going through testing still, but the physical upgrades are complete there, so far as I know.

Noticed many towers in Davis are broadcasting 1x 800. The one exception seems to be the 8th street water tower. Any info if that one is due to be upgraded to 1x 800?

Probably missing a few things. It'll get 800mhz services sooner or later.

Upper Central Valley – 68 updates (2 LTE, 65 CDMA 800)

Areas now completely blankted by 1x 800 mhz

-- Reno, NV

-- Sparks, NV

-- Modesto, CA

-- Areas surrounding Yuba City, CA

New LTE sites

-- South of Yuba City @ intersection of oswald Road & Railroad Ave

-- Downtown Reno near intersection of West Liberty Street & South Center Street

* Exact locations of all accepted sites and all sprint cell sites are in the sponsor areas *

-- Downtown Reno near intersection of West Liberty Street & South Center Street

* Exact locations of all accepted sites and all sprint cell sites are in the sponsor areas *

My wife used to work in this building back in the Mid 90's at Commerce Security Mortgage.  I also hit a pedestrian in front of that building in 1996.  She walked right out in between two large commercial vehicles into my path.  I clipped her in the leg with my bumper from my 1991 Isuzu Trooper.  Oh the memories.

Fortunately a Reno PD officer was right behind me.  She was claiming I was speeding and swerving, but he saw the whole thing.  Fortunately she wasn't injured except for some scrapes and bruises.  She never even looked where she was going.

What were we talking about again?

Robert

Went to the sprint store in Manteca to activate the wifes N5. While i was there one of the sales reps said they were supposed to build another tower by the store somewhere because there is very little coverage by the store.

I dont know if hes full of it or not but this might be the reason there hasnt been any testing going on in manteca.

Went to the sprint store in Manteca to activate the wifes N5. While i was there one of the sales reps said they were supposed to build another tower by the store somewhere because there is very little coverage by the store.

I dont know if hes full of it or not but this might be the reason there hasnt been any testing going on in manteca.

They have to. Manteca has outgrown the towers.

Extremely unlikely unless it's been planned for years. Manteca Lathrop is part of the Stockton cluster. You people are just waiting on Stockton to finish like how everyone in Sacramento is waiting for a few sites to finish up before they fire up everything.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Yesterday evening and today all day I couldn't connect to 3g on evdo but only on ehrpd I don't really know what that means would be great if someone can explain

Unknown but possibly something to do with the legacy or network vision cores probably. 

As most of you know already.sprint lte is in Lodi. A old Nextel cell site off of Beckman road has 1900mhz LTE active right now..This tower also puts out 800mhz voice but not 3g or lte yet..

Uh huh.. It's been up for a while. I don't believe the market (upper central valley) is slated for widespread and aggressive LTE 800 rollout until sometime around the middle to end of Q1. So late febuary-march-april will be probably the time frame I would reckon.

Here's some photos of this tower and some incredible speed test results.

I know 800mhz lte isnt Going To Out For Awhile. .but they've deployed 1900mhz lte On This tower..There's New Antennas On The Top Of This Tower Which Are For This LTE. .hopefully 800mhz lte will launch soon.

I'm really wanting to see the T-DD LTE out here..my tri band S4 would be blazing fast! !! :)

Here's some photos of this tower and some incredible speed test results.

I know 800mhz lte isnt Going To Out For Awhile. .but they've deployed 1900mhz lte On This tower..There's New Antennas On The Top Of This Tower Which Are For This LTE. .hopefully 800mhz lte will launch soon.

I'm really wanting to see the T-DD LTE out here..my tri band S4 would be blazing fast! !! :)

Here's a quick guide on how to post pics on the forum..

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3767-adding-images-to-posts-imgur-links/

I believe Lodi is part of the stockton market for Clearwire. From the information we have the vast majority of clearwire markets including sacramento, stockton, and modesto are slated to be almost completely done by the end of spring. I would guestimate probably around May for the Stockton market. 

3 new LTE sites accepted in the market. 

- 1 near Tower Park Marina Resort on hwy 12 far west of Lodi

2 in modesto

- Near intersection of Tully Road & Bangs Ave

- Near intersection of Kiernan Ave & American Ave

Happy hunting and sensorly mapping!

* Exact locations of sites accepted, in progress, and all sprint cell sites are available in the sponsors area * 

Cluster launch Natomas already. This is blasphemy!

i was out running this morning near the regional park and Sleep Train Arena and I couldn't stream Pandora. It was ridiculous. my phone showed full strength 3g but then I reset the cellular connection and it dropped to 1x. This is beyond frustrating.

I appreciate the North Natomas experiences - thanks for sharing the frustration. I'm not yet a Sprint customer but am waiting for "liveness" before becoming one. In the meantime I'm on Verizon with a getting-lousier-by-the-say 3G phone, but at least I have unlimited data and thd 3G service is pretty solid when out and about. On occasion I wonder if it would be worth it to jump ship early and just wait like the rest of you, but posts like yours make it clear to me that I should continue to wait.

What do you guys think of Sprint's recent plan changes?  Dropping the One Up plan so quickly, the new Framly plans, etc.  Also does the new Framly plans drop the whole "Unlimited data for life" thing?

I appreciate the North Natomas experiences - thanks for sharing the frustration. I'm not yet a Sprint customer but am waiting for "liveness" before becoming one. In the meantime I'm on Verizon with a getting-lousier-by-the-say 3G phone, but at least I have unlimited data and thd 3G service is pretty solid when out and about. On occasion I wonder if it would be worth it to jump ship early and just wait like the rest of you, but posts like yours make it clear to me that I should continue to wait.

im hoping the spotty service is being caused by upgrades taking place. It isn't consistent or long lasting, but it certainly is annoying.

What do you guys think of Sprint's recent plan changes?  Dropping the One Up plan so quickly, the new Framly plans, etc.  Also does the new Framly plans drop the whole "Unlimited data for life" thing?

Sprint’s unlimited plans are locked in, but prices aren’t

That doesn't say whether or not the Framily plans have the "Unlimited data for life". I understand that they can change the price, but that's a different issue altogether.

the article does say that unlimited can come with premium price so I would assume it's there to stay. There would be no point in mentioning it if it wasn't staying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the article does say that unlimited can come with premium price so I would assume it's there to stay. There would be no point in mentioning it if it wasn't staying. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess what I'm saying is that I haven't seen anything saying that it has unlimited data for life.  It says you can have the unlimited data on the plan, but I didn't see any mention of them being able to change that or not if you get on the plan.  I would assume they would change that to a tiered plan before they hike prices for unlimited.  Most people don't use enough to warrant complaining about a 5Gb cap, so they might just go with it.  If they doubled the price for data on the other hand, they would probably lose a lot of business.

Framily plans with the Unlimited data add on get the Unlimited Data for life guarantee. It's been posted and discussed in the Framily thread.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro