Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

I won't mention who, but I will say that the updates I have provided regarding possible time frames are a result of my communications with someone from one of those companies.

do the timeframes you hear match the timeframes we see on here? although, I've seen everything from its almost here, to its not coming for several months.

Internal Sprint dates are either the 90 days or 180 days varieties. What they gave you was the 180 day marker which implies that the site can be updated anywhere in the next 180 days. Say a site was scheduled for april. They can either lump it in the 180 day estimate which gets placed into end of june / july or they can lump it into the 90 day estimate which is may. These approximate time frames are just estimates and are subject to change for the better or worse...

IOTW they told you they will upgrade it sometime this year...  :td:

Right. Before I was told all they could see is network vision was underway over the next 3/6 months, which was not even necessarily true. .  They now have a tool that will specifically say at the end of a certain month so they can give customers an actual timeframe versus the generic 3/6 months. But in my case, it's far out enough that there is nothing more specific than the ballpark June-ish timeframe.  But for some that are near completion, they'd actually get something like "end of March" or whatever.

I'm looking forward to 4g lte, but the 3G I'm getting ain't shabby. faster than Verizon's 3G for sure

Edited by vlawde

Right. Before I was told all they could see is network vision was underway over the next 3/6 months, which was not even necessarily true. .  They now have a tool that will specifically say at the end of a certain month so they can give customers an actual timeframe versus the generic 3/6 months. But in my case, it's far out enough that there is nothing more specific than the ballpark June-ish timeframe.  But for some that are near completion, they'd actually get something like "end of March" or whatever.

I'm looking forward to 4g lte, but the 3G I'm getting ain't shabby. faster than Verizon's 3G for sure

I talked to a guy at the sprint store in Natomas and he said March.  I'm still taking it with a grain of salt though.

I called about Stockton and they said work started but it has no date at all xD

Work started a long time ago. Some sites in Stockton has had NV installed for months now.

There are a couple that I went to this past Saturday that didn't have NV couple months ago and they still look the same.

Right. Before I was told all they could see is network vision was underway over the next 3/6 months, which was not even necessarily true. . They now have a tool that will specifically say at the end of a certain month so they can give customers an actual timeframe versus the generic 3/6 months. But in my case, it's far out enough that there is nothing more specific than the ballpark June-ish timeframe. But for some that are near completion, they'd actually get something like "end of March" or whatever.

It still shows in Sprint's Glance system 90 or 180 days for CDMA 800/1900 and LTE 800/1900 for each site. In some markets, they even break down CDMA 1900 by voice and data separately. But I have not seen any dates yet other than 'within 3 months' or 'within 6 months.'

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

It is soo frustrating being a sprint customer.  Been with them about 8-9 years and not leaving anytime soon due to savings of my plan.  Most of the time I am paying for phone and text service because data is nonexistent in Sacramento.  My friends laugh at me when I say that I saw 4g lte on my phone in some areas around town.

I work in downtown Sacramento near I-5 and had 4g lte service for 4-6 months when I am above the 5th floor.  It has been stable and consistent. I am assuming it was coming from West Sac.  The last 2-3 weeks 4G LTE has completely disappeared.  Any idea why service is going backwards?  I thought the sites in West Sac were accepted. 

Hmm, mt contract ends in November. You think sac LTE will drop by then? Especially in the Davis area?

November? Yes. And once 3G upgrades are complete, LTE on Band 41 sites will be very prevalent for Triband device owners.

• Like 1

I am in West Sac today and no 4g near city hall. Meanwhile, Pooja is still fabulous if you like great Indian food.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Emmm...Lamb Vindaloo.  Yummers.

Robert

• Like 1

My LG G2 got the Sprint Spark update today. I'm guessing though it will be quite a while before that becomes usable around here

You might be pleasantly surprised...

We haven't even got 4g LTE here yet, so I dunno. But pleasant surprises are always good

I did some additional research, you will probably need to be in LTE only mode to find band 41 in your area (just make sure you change it back after looking so you can receive phone calls) at this time. Also I would recommend you visit the G2 owners thread, about half of those that have received the update still had band 41 (& 26) disabled so you will want to check that too.

Any Roseville, CA news? 

I work near the Old Spaghetti Factory on Sunrise Ave and live over near the railyard.

At work, I used to (nearly a month ago at this point) get consistent 1/4 bars of LTE all day without interruption (unless I went to a deep spot within the building which LTE loss was understandable).  Now, LTE is intermittent at best with consistency being that (slow) 3G is now my norm.  BSID jumps from 804, 548, 360, and 4627 with 804 and 4627 appearing to be where I get 4g from and 4627 being the stronger of the 2 (really cant hold a 4g connection with 804).

Near the railyard, LTE is great, I get 3-4 bars consistently.  4G is fast enough for me as well (upwards of 2MBytes/sec).  I'm not there now (so I dont' have the BSIDs), but I noticed that my phone jumps between 2 towers for this service, one somewhere in the railyard and the other near the BMX track.

I saw T-Mobile's offer to pay my cancellation fees and so I called Sprint to see what they could offer and they did notify me that a tower was down (or being worked on) in my area (they also gave me $25 off a month for 4 months).  At this point I stay with Sprint because of the Unlimited for life.

Any comments about any of this?  Thanks in advance.

Edited by rc2

Any Roseville, CA news?

I work near the Old Spaghetti Factory on Sunrise Ave and live over near the railyard.

At work, I used to (nearly a month ago at this point) get consistent 1/4 bars of LTE all day without interruption (unless I went to a deep spot within the building which LTE loss was understandable). Now, LTE is intermittent at best with consistency being that (slow) 3G is now my norm. BSID jumps from 804, 548, 360, and 4627 with 804 and 4627 appearing to be where I get 4g from and 4627 being the stronger of the 2 (really cant hold a 4g connection with 804).

Near the railyard, LTE is great, I get 3-4 bars consistently. 4G is fast enough for me as well (upwards of 2MBytes/sec). I'm not there now (so I dont' have the BSIDs), but I noticed that my phone jumps between 2 towers for this service, one somewhere in the railyard and the other near the BMX track.

I saw T-Mobile's offer to pay my cancellation fees and so I called Sprint to see what they could offer and they did notify me that a tower was down in my area (they also gave me $25 off a month for 4 months). At this point I stay with Sprint because of the Unlimited for life.

Any comments about any of this? Thanks in advance.

Sounds like Sprint answered your question. And their answer seems plausible. Sure explains why you had a signal off North Sunrise before but now do not. What you decide to do is up to you.

Sounds like Sprint answered your question. And their answer seems plausible. Sure explains why you had a signal off North Sunrise before but now do not. What you decide to do is up to you.

Was wondering if there was any specific info about timeframes for it being down, why it's down.  What am I to take from away from this, that something went wrong with the tower(s) and their fixing, are they upgrading, does does this mean that my area is about to go live?  

Admin is really reiterating generic info customer service told me?!

Was wondering if there was any specific info about timeframes for it being down, why it's down. What am I to take from away from this, that something went wrong with the tower(s) and their fixing, are they upgrading, does does this mean that my area is about to go live?

Admin is really reiterating generic info customer service told me?!

Unless you're an engineer under the employ of sprint that specifically works in that area no one here will have those answers.

In addition you're at the edge of a cell site coverage radius between one north of you and east of you at Oakmount HS which explains your weak and jumpy connection. You will only get better reception when they upgrade / turn on the OHS tower which is unlikely any time soon.

If you cannot stand the wait (and I don't fault you) then another provider may be able to provide you satisfactory services where you live and work and anywhere inbetween...

P. S. There's been a tower down by me got the past 3-4 weeks as well..

Was wondering if there was any specific info about timeframes for it being down, why it's down. What am I to take from away from this, that something went wrong with the tower(s) and their fixing, are they upgrading, does does this mean that my area is about to go live?

Admin is really reiterating generic info customer service told me?!

We don't have access to info about when or why a site is down. I don't know what you expect from me. We are tracking Network Vision deployment. We are skilled at that and have lot of resources we have developed the past 3 years.

We do not have access to anything related to Sprint's network management. We can just tell you whether what you heard is plausible. Because sometimes what customer service tells people is plain not true. But in your instance of what you have explained is occurring, what customer service told you is plausible.

• Like 1