Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

I'll update tomorrow after work when I drive by next to the tower

Edit..last one for tonight lol

not bad not bad for low signal.  I have to be very close to a site just to get 35Mbps+.  I'll take your speed any day.  At least your city is getting Spark today, San Diego ain't getting it anytime soon.

5 new 4G sites accepted.

Woodland - 3 ---- [kentucky ave, N east street / E main street &  douglas lane / Pedrick Road & Gibson Road]

Wheatland - 1 ---- watahh towaa

Yuba City - 1 ----- Near Yuba City High School 

So my LTE integration estimates is about right. 3-4 weeks after 3G acceptance before a LTE integration crew comes by.

Exact locations available to sponsors 

So I called sprint to get my msl but the rep said she can't give it to me because I'm under contract till may 31 from my old phone. So I rooted my phone and enabled band 41 and band 26 (I believe it was 26), still haven't picked up lte but my 3g speeds seem to have increased dramatically. I tried posting a pic but it keeps saying failed I'm getting 2mbps download and ping of 85

Sacramento is soon to have spark?

Wimax sites being converted as we speak.  Some are able to connect via Tri-Band phone via LTE mode only. Shouldn't be long until Sacramento is launched as a Spark city.

Check out the sponsors map, will give you exact locations of the sites.

Wimax sites being converted as we speak. Some are able to connect via Tri-Band phone via LTE mode only. Shouldn't be long until Sacramento is launched as a Spark city.

Check out the sponsors map, will give you exact locations of the sites.

It's actually doing to be quite some time before we're announced for anything.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Went out to check the LTE site farthest east in Woodland on my N5.  I didn't get LTE immediately, even though I was sitting under the site.  I went to LTE only mode and did a speed test, and got around 4.5 down and 8.75 up.  I turned it back to LTE/CDMA mode afterward and maintained a connection to it, and I got about the same speeds while driving away.

May I ask how much time that could be?

Announcement doesn't mean much honestly.  Woodland had some LTE/NV sites launched already, and roseville/rocklin and a site or 2 in West Sac were launched already before they started working on the 3G upgrades exclusively.  IIRC, a market isn't announced until 70% is completed, but there should be usable LTE data in other areas well before then especially since the contractor for the city proper was dropped.

If I have anything wrong, i'm sure I will be corrected shortly.

Announcement doesn't mean much honestly.  Woodland had some LTE/NV sites launched already, and roseville/rocklin and a site or 2 in West Sac were launched already before they started working on the 3G upgrades.  IIRC, a market isn't announced until 70% is completed, but there should be usable data for most well before then especially since the contractor for the city proper was dropped.

40-50% LTE coverage before announcement.

In order to activate 4G for all devices Samsung needs to take into account eCSFB and eCSFB gaps due to legacy equipment and network vision equipment. eCSFB can only be activated on NV 3G sites as legacy CSFB does not work with Samsung equipment. NV 3G sites can only be activated when all the sites in a cluster have been converted due to hard handoffs between legacy and NV. This means practically all the sites must be converted which typically takes a minimum of 9-12 months for a decent sized market. 

May I ask how much time that could be?

Mid to late fall 2014 for LTE + Spark market announcement. Mid to late spring or even summer for equipment activation and integration on the 3G side. 

As you can tell, I'm not optimistic but maybe that's because they haven't begun anything for a site near me.. 

I have been roaming all day today at work (Folsom) and I have a tower next to my work. I drove by at lunch to see if they were working on it and didn't see anyone. Tower was completed a few months back. Wonder what's going on.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Hello S4GRU! Long time lurker first time poster...

I work in Folsom as well and noticed my phone going in and out of Roaming today. Not a problem since i stopped using Pandora...

I have a question. Is there a Sprint tower at the Folsom High School (Prairie City Rd. and Iron Point Rd. 95630)

Edited by R4G22

Hello S4GRU! Long time lurker first time poster...

I work in Folsom as well and noticed my phone going in and out of Roaming today. Not a problem since i stopped using Pandora...

I have a question. Is there a Sprint tower at the Folsom High School (Prairie City Rd. and Iron Point Rd. 95630)

:welc3:

Yes there is. It's on the football field. 

My signature contains the link on how to identify Sprint NV gear if they're present.

It also contains info for how to become a s4gru sponsor  as sponsors have access to maps such as mine which has the exact location and addresses of all Sprint cell sites in the US and sites accepted for network vision work. 

• Like 1

For a few seconds today in the Rancho Cordova area, I briefly lost the bars on my phone and my happy little circle at the top of my LG 2 said LTE for a few seconds. Then 3G was painfully slow the rest of the day. So testing, working on things or something

Hey lilotimz what makes you stay so on top of everything here? You do amazing work and I'd imagine it's very time consuming

Not really. Just have a passion for things and some spare time here and there. 

• Like 2

Hello, I've been a lurker here since 2013 and while driving around today I saw a crew working on a tower. This tower is located in natomas across the street from Safeway on Del Paso Rd. I don't know if its a sprint site for sure, but it does have two of those mini microwave antennas that a lot of sprint/clearwire sites have. There was a boom lift with I think 3 guys working on it today. I think the site is also shared with T-mobile. sorry i couldn't take any pics

Hello, I've been a lurker here since 2013 and while driving around today I saw a crew working on a tower. This tower is located in natomas across the street from Safeway on Del Paso Rd. I don't know if its a sprint site for sure, but it does have two of those mini microwave antennas that a lot of sprint/clearwire sites have. There was a boom lift with I think 3 guys working on it today. I think the site is also shared with T-mobile. sorry i couldn't take any pics

:welcome:

Take pics but I doubt it's Sprints. No Sprint or Clearwire tower anywhere near that location. Nearest Sprint cell location is on Arco Arena (it'll always be arcoooooooooo).

Yep my mom got LTE in davis. My only concern is whether or not my note 2 should be on the 2011 PRL

Some notes work on 800 and some don't. You can try a 800 prl, connect to it and try calling someone. If it doesn't go through then you have one of the defective models which you should keep the 2xxx. If not then you can load up a priority 800 prl and have at it.

Sent from my Nexus 5