T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion

CriticalityEvent

Has anyone had a chance to test the signal strength on gmo 1900 lte?

What I mean is: outside, do you get lte on all 4 pink shades?

I have yet to see LTE in the lightest two shades of LTE, I only ever see Tmobile LTE in the two darkest shades. So doubtful a GMO could do more.

• Like 1

So then that probably means that they are showing the propagation of a full build site and not that of the GMO. Thanks!

No i was saying the opposite. I was saying from my experiences, Full vuilds only cover the darkest two shades, so I would expect a small amount less or About the same For GMO. But that is given on AWS LTE, Not PCS, which Being a GMO will prolly cancel out much of the difference.

I have a sling TV invite. Works fine on the nexus 6. I don't like that the navigation buttons don't go away though

Cool.

Can you then cast it to your TV with ChromeCast?

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/4/7978557/wireless-service-will-change-under-fcc-net-neutrality

The Verge has really asked tough questions on the whole Title II issue. Good for them.

I actually wrote a short thing on their forums on the possible impact of no longer allowing throttling, but it looks like the FCC will still allow network management.

I have yet to see LTE in the lightest two shades of LTE, I only ever see Tmobile LTE in the two darkest shades. So doubtful a GMO could do more.

So then that probably means that they are showing the propagation of a full build site and not that of the GMO. Thanks!

In my area, which is all GMO for T-Mobile, I get LTE in 3/4 pink shades, meaning all the way to "good" coverage.  There is not a lot of "fair" coverage in my area.  

Something I noticed is that T-Mobile seems to crank up the power on their GMO sites to compensate for the signal loss.  T-Mobile's coverage on 1900 only is more consistent one one stretch of road despite the fact that Sprint has 1900 and 800 deployed and optimized.  On the same route with Sprint I tend to drop to 3G in several spots where T-Mobile holds LTE the entire time.  All of T-Mobile's towers covering the route are co-located with Sprint, so this behavior could be part of the network parameters T-Mobile has put in place to keep phones on weak LTE in order to avoid EDGE. 

No i was saying the opposite. I was saying from my experiences, Full vuilds only cover the darkest two shades, so I would expect a small amount less or About the same For GMO. But that is given on AWS LTE, Not PCS, which Being a GMO will prolly cancel out much of the difference.

Why do people think pcs propagation is that much better?

Uplink is close to 1.9ggz while AWS uplink is 1700mhz. Is it that big a difference?

Uplink is close to 1.9ggz while AWS uplink is 1700mhz. Is it that big a difference?

All I know is when T-Mobile LTE goes down to hspa+ it's not much longer if you go further in that you lose service completely. Sprints 3G even penetrates better.

...goes down... ...it's much longer... ...go further… ...even penetrates better.

Welcome to the Penthouse Letters section of S4GRU.  Who knew that wireless could be so primal and sensual?

;)

AJ

• Like 8

In my area, which is all GMO for T-Mobile, I get LTE in 3/4 pink shades, meaning all the way to "good" coverage. There is not a lot of "fair" coverage in my area.

Something I noticed is that T-Mobile seems to crank up the power on their GMO sites to compensate for the signal loss. T-Mobile's coverage on 1900 only is more consistent one one stretch of road despite the fact that Sprint has 1900 and 800 deployed and optimized. On the same route with Sprint I tend to drop to 3G in several spots where T-Mobile holds LTE the entire time. All of T-Mobile's towers covering the route are co-located with Sprint, so this behavior could be part of the network parameters T-Mobile has put in place to keep phones on weak LTE in order to avoid EDGE.

I have encountered something that is amazing and head scratching at the same time. I have a T-Mobile and Verizon tower around me in Perryville, MO that has both T-Mobile LTE and Verizon LTE. I lose T-Mobile LTE and Verizon LTE in virtually the same spot. I can't for the life of me figure it out. On a side note, Verizon 3G is about as usable as T-Mobile EDGE in Perryville.

It also makes me seriously doubt those who say that AWS has better penetration (T-Mobile fanboys) since AWS doesn't penetrate nearly as well as PCS in my experience using it on both Verizon and on T-Mobile. That seems to be contradicted by the T-Mobile rural LTE setups I've seen, ironically enough.

Of course AT&T has superior tower density in Perryville so that's what most people use there.

From the carrier ive seem ue both yeah 1900 has a better distance, but it could be setups and such. Im just basing both on aws hspa+ vs pcs hspa+.

I have a sling TV invite. Works fine on the nexus 6. I don't like that the navigation buttons don't go away though

I just got my invite today but haven't signed up officially. Is it even worth trying out? Channel wise how many channels do you actually get for the $20 a month?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got my invite today but haven't signed up officially. Is it even worth trying out? Channel wise how many channels do you actually get for the $20 a month?

14 base channels. More channel packages available for $5 per package. Its OK. For sports its nice but I don't think the content is enough for me to keep it. Also it has streaming issues. I have 100mbps internet and it only streams at 1.3-1.5 Mbps. That can't be right

14 base channels. More channel packages available for $5 per package. Its OK. For sports its nice but I don't think the content is enough for me to keep it. Also it has streaming issues. I have 100mbps internet and it only streams at 1.3-1.5 Mbps. That can't be right

Hmmm well there's the catch. You want more channels then you have to pay $5 for how ever many channels per pack. I think I'll just use the 7 day trial and then just cancel out until it becomes more developed. But it does sound like a good product once it matures.

Why is all of this Sling TV discussion taking up the T-Mobile network thread?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6808-sling-tv/

AJ

• Like 2

Who lives in markets where 700 mhz is deployed ?

I do. Michigan has 700mhz deployed in multiple areas -- and, by three different carriers ;)

T-Mobile has some Band 12 running in West Michigan today.

I do. Michigan has 700mhz deployed in multiple areas -- and, by three different carriers ;)

are the carriers T mobile Verizon and AT&T ;)

Is it a noticeable improvement over their existing LTE bands?  In other words, is it optimized in your market?

Is it a noticeable improvement over their existing LTE bands?  In other words, is it optimized in your market?

yes if its optimized it will work perfectly ;) but in my case the 700 MHz cant be deployed because i live in the exclusion zone