T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion

CriticalityEvent

I'll add that a T-Mobile reddit user found a petition by AT&T to use 700 MHz A in Rockford. The 700 A license for Chicago could well end up in the hands of AT&T.

Well, the problem with the Chicago license is that Rupert Murdoch has absolutely no reason to cooperate with the wireless carriers. He makes more than enough money to be able to reject any offer made. And he'd prefer to see mobile wither in favor of TV anyway. AT&T would probably not want to deal with that poison, but it may not have a choice.

• Like 1

Well, the problem with the Chicago license is that Rupert Murdoch has absolutely no reason to cooperate with the wireless carriers. He makes more than enough money to be able to reject any offer made. And he'd prefer to see mobile wither in favor of TV anyway. AT&T would probably not want to deal with that poison, but it may not have a choice.

I'm going to end up hating the broadcasters at the end of the 600 MHz reverse auction, as if I don't already. Dinosaurs who can't evolve. That especially goes for Ole' Rupert.

• Like 1

I'm going to end up hating the broadcasters at the end of the 600 MHz reverse auction, as if I don't already. Dinosaurs who can't evolve. That especially goes for Ole' Rupert.

Rupert may be an actual dinosaur when that auction finally happens.

• Like 1

What does Murdoch have to deal with Chicago 700a??

The DTV 51 station in Gary, IN that has an exclusion zone the encompasses the entire Chicago BEA is owned by Fox Television Studios, a division of 21st Century Fox, which is controlled by Rupert Murdoch.

I have a question for someone on here who has T-Mobile service...why is it that whenever a carrier like Verizon or AT&T makes changes to their data offerings and it makes the news. Why is it always comments from T-Mobile customers that state how much data that have used either last billing cycle or currently or data speeds they are getting? I just never understood what that has to do with the topic of the article?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a question for someone on here who has T-Mobile service...why is it that whenever a carrier like Verizon or AT&T makes changes to their data offerings and it makes the news. Why is it always comments from T-Mobile customers that state how much data that have used either last billing cycle or currently or data speeds they are getting? I just never understood what that has to do with the topic of the article?

Humblebragging or just plain old bragging, mainly... I don't advertise how much data I use, but there are those who do.

Humblebragging or just plain old bragging, mainly... I don't advertise how much data I use, but there are those who do.

I just don't understand it. I guess by them giving out that info they want people to feel jealous or in a way lesser because they don't have unlimited data which I'm sure a large fraction of people don't care.

That looks like a plain old AIR PCS+AWS antenna. No 700. Most T-Mobile sites around here have had them for a year or so.

Not sure how the cable ended up that way. Someone had to really, really screw up the cable mounts for that to happen by accident.

Yeah, no 700a here. There are about 3 antennas per sector on this one too. I wonder how long it will take them to notice... Who manages the TMUS network around these parts?

• Like 1

Yeah, no 700a here. There are about 3 antennas per sector on this one too. I wonder how long it will take them to notice... Who manages the TMUS network around these parts?

If the antennas are indeed AIRs then it's Ericsson . lol

Tomorrow's the TMO earnings report and they're accepting questions view text and twitter.

It'd be cool if we could agree on a question so that we all ask it and have a better chance of getting it chosen.

My submission: how many pops today and eoy2015 covered with fully modernized towers?

Eriscson predominately covers the coasts and Nokia manages everything else. 

T-mobile arguably has the best network and user experience in regions served by Nokia which arguably has the best/highest quality telecom equipment in the US . Samsung is close behind followed by Ericsson and ALU trailing far behind. 

It's a shame T-mobile isn't going forward with mass small cell deployments using Nokia equipment. Nokia Flexi Hotzone markets (full Nokia macro + small cell hetnet setups) in their China deployments are ranked #1 out of all vendors in almost every tested  category.

Sprint has a pretty big headstart in that regards with Nokia 2.5 + their Flexi Zones small cells that are in the final stages of testing before deployment.  *looks at Atlanta*

• Like 3

Eriscson predominately covers the coasts and Nokia manages everything else.

T-mobile arguably has the best network and user experience in regions served by Nokia which arguably has the best/highest quality telecom equipment in the US . Samsung is close behind followed by Ericsson and ALU trailing far behind.

It's a shame T-mobile isn't going forward with mass small cell deployments using Nokia equipment. Nokia Flexi Hotzone markets (full Nokia macro + small cell hetnet setups) in their China deployments are ranked #1 out of all vendors in almost every tested category.

Sprint has a pretty big headstart in that regards with Nokia 2.5 + their Flexi Zones small cells that are in the final stages of testing before deployment. *looks at Atlanta*

Is Nokia equipment predominantly used in Houston and surrounding areas?

well t mobile works well on my block....sprint has to upgrade that tower for better service.....hurry up sprint

Stop the presses.  Somebody, alert the Associated Press.  T-Mobile works well on danlodish345's block.  This is national news that everyone needs to know -- now.

AJ

• Like 3