T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion

CriticalityEvent

Fight!!!! :rofl::hee::popcorn:

Yesterday, the CEO of T-Mobile’s parent company — Germany’s Deutsche Telekom — suggested in an interview that the insurgent “Uncarrier” is using a business model that’s “unsustainable,” to which T-Mobile US CEO John Legere responded in a tweet today: “It’s total bullshit.”

Deutsche Telekom CEO Timotheus Höttges “admitted that T-Mobile’s current approach is not sustainable,” according to Re/code, which published the interview. “The question is always the economics in the long term … and earning appropriate money,” Höttges said. “You have to earn your money back at one point in time.”

http://venturebeat.com/2015/01/20/its-total-bullshit-says-t-mobile-ceo-to-claims-that-uncarrier-model-is-unsustainable/

I would say that there is a definite difference of opinion. Maybe DT should spinoff T-Mobile US and let them sink or swim on their own.

That was very bold of John to respond like that to his boss. He's outspoken which is nothing new but there's a time and place and definitely not your boss. Well let's see what happens in the coming days after that comment. Probably nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was very bold of John to respond like that to his boss. He's outspoken which is nothing new but there's a time and place and definitely not your boss. Well let's see what happens in the coming days after that comment. Probably nothing.

DT boss said a merger is required for DT to make its money back, not necessarily for tmus to simply survive. DT bought voice stream for $50ish bil in 2000-ish dollars, got offered $39bil in 2011 dollars, got diluted to 67%.

It's understandable they're pissed. In 2011 merkel called obama to plead to allow att to buy tmus.

Now, BT is about to buy their 50% of EE so urgency to sell tmus has lessened.

Legere and tim are not contradicting themselves: tmus can SURVIVE (Legere) but not soon return a dividend or share buyback (tim hoettges)

You know, part of me loves that he's outspoken, but that can't do any good if DT exercises their 66% and throws him out on his ass in the middle of the street somewhere in Bellevue. Then he's just another obnoxiously rich dude with long hair and a leather jacket talking shit about the industry. Any of us could pull that trick off, except for the rich part of course.

• Like 1

You know, part of me loves that he's outspoken, but that can't do any good if DT exercises their 66% and throws him out on his ass in the middle of the street somewhere in Bellevue. Then he's just another obnoxiously rich dude with long hair and a leather jacket talking shit about the industry. Any of us could pull that trick off, except for the rich part of course.

Then mike sievert would leave - I remember Legere saying he convinced mike to join - and the whole thing collapses.

In contrast, things would continue as normal if att CEO were fired

This map is awesome. Here in Marion county Fl T-Mobile can do a 10*10 band 2, a 20*20 band 4 and a 5*5 band 12 right now. That's crazy.

They're gonna keep h+42 in pcs for m2m, older phones, international roaming, maybe wearables.

Unless they bought the g block to make 20x20 + 10x10, my guess is they trade 5x5 AWS for pcs once AWS h+ is shutdown.

They're gonna keep h+42 in pcs for m2m, older phones, international roaming, maybe wearables.

Unless they bought the g block to make 20x20 + 10x10, my guess is they trade 5x5 AWS for pcs once AWS h+ is shutdown.

When do you think T-Mobile will start a 10*10 band 2 deployment?

When do you think T-Mobile will start a 10*10 band 2 deployment?

In non rural, when they need it? I THINK almost all phones they sell on their site is volte except for iPhone 5s, 5c so they still need it for voice.

Unless their rootmetrics speed suffers I can't imagine why they'd not keep h+42 pcs since pretty much all phones support it worldwide.

This map is awesome. Here in Marion county Fl T-Mobile can do a 10*10 band 2, a 20*20 band 4 and a 5*5 band 12 right now. That's crazy.

http://www.spectrumgateway.com/t-mobile-700a-spectrum

Also see this map, Ocala is barely out of the no Channel 51 zone for 700 A operation. The Villages, Orlando, Daytona, and Cape Canaveral are all in the red zone. 

Didn't know how spectrum rich Ocala is. Not only for T-Mobile but all of the carriers.

Also see this map, Ocala is barely out of the no Channel 51 zone for 700 A operation. The Villages, Orlando, Daytona, and Cape Canaveral are all in the red zone.

Do you think possibly the 700 roll out may have already started here?

Do you think possibly the 700 roll out may have already started here?

No clue, though it would be nice if Fabian Cortez would get off FierceWireless and start hunting with a 700 A device in your neck of the woods. 

• Like 1

post-39906-142185487233_thumb.jpg

Predictions for AWS (not mine) from the up above site. I disagree with NYC. Why would vzw buy a 10mhz non contiguous with rest of spectrum? It makes more sense for tmus to buy to combine to create a 10x10 aws3 carrier.

I can't see vzw wasting a carrier card on 10mhz when it already has 40mhz? in pcs and 40mhz in aws1

No clue, though it would be nice if Fabian Cortez would get off FierceWireless and start hunting with a 700 A device in your neck of the woods.

Lmao. All jokes aside I think its time for me to go 700 MHz hunting soon.

Apparently Samsung devices are best for service mode type operations. So note 4

I have a nexus 6. With signal check pro I should be able to find it at least. I only have 1 friend on T-Mobile and he has a GN3. Does metro have any phones that use band 12?

I'd still like to see the actual video of that interview as I simply can't believe that Tim Hoettges, the leader of a major global wireless corporation would make such a rookie public statement. He's basically dumping on his U.S. CEO and everything his U.S. team has been doing over the past two years. The guy is totally out of sync.

In the U.S. corporate environment, this type of statement would get you fired in no time.

I'd still like to see the actual video of that interview as I simply can't believe that Tim Hoettges, the leader of a major global wireless corporation would make such a rookie public statement. He's basically dumping on his U.S. CEO and everything his U.S. team has been doing over the past two years. The guy is totally out of sync.

In the U.S. corporate environment, this type of statement would get you fired in no time.

There is no video

"On the sidelines of the DLD conference in Munich Germany"

There is no video

"On the sidelines of the DLD conference in Munich Germany"

Exactly, it's simply unbelievable to me that a global corporate leader would completely dump on one of his own CEOs and internal strategies, and not get fired. Unless there is something else going on there.

Exactly, it's simply unbelievable to me that a global corporate leader would completely dump on one of his own CEOs and internal strategies, and not get fired. Unless there is something else going on there.

If he was misunderstood he could come out and say what he really meant. Since there was no video itd be easy to spin it either way. Who knows maybe he was a little hungover. The world will never know.

Corporate soap opera, I love it!!! And here I thought it was a Latin American telenovella, when Sprint's board rejected the Metro merger. I thought that Sprint should have merged with Metro and Leap to shore up their midband spectrum position, but then who am I to suggest such things?