OK, I'm going back to my tower and getting new pictures, those panels look the same as on my tower, but there was only a single RRU and I could only count 4 outputs. I'm driving down the damn access road and will take pics from the base of the tower if I have to.

I wonder if being in the current 800Mhz exclusion area that is why I only saw 4 outputs to a single RRU.

Where is the tower located? It may be a site that isn't receiving 800 SMR, or it could be an AT&T site.

Here's the exclusion zone just for reference:

img_canadamap.jpg

Where is the tower located? It may be a site that isn't receiving 800 SMR' date=' or it could be an AT&T site.

Here's the exclusion zone just for reference:

It is in Lansing, in the exclusion zone (border zone 71), however, there is an at&t 700mhz tower less than a mile away. I would be really be surprised if they had a cell splitting tower this close.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forum Runner

I wonder if it is just the site cannot be in the exclusion zone, or if sites that have signals that broadcast into the exclusion zone are also impacted? Never thought about it before.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Stations may be authorized on Canada Primary channels in the Canada Border Regions provided the maximum power flux density (PFD) per 25 kHz at or beyond the border does not exceed −107 dB(W/m2). Stations authorized on Canada Primary channels will be secondary to stations in Canada unless otherwise specified in an international agreement between the U.S. and Canada.

• Like 1

OK' date=' I'm going back to my tower and getting new pictures, those panels look the same as on my tower, but there was only a single RRU and I could only count 4 outputs. I'm driving down the damn access road and will take pics from the base of the tower if I have to.

I wonder if being in the current 800Mhz exclusion area that is why I only saw 4 outputs to a single RRU.[/quote']

Couldn't get down the access road, but there are only 4 outputs on the panels. I have no clue who they are but not Sprint.

• Like 1

Crossposting from the Sponsor sections: the tower in Lowell, MI is definitely in progress.

Rob/mods: Can I post pics outside the sponsor area if one has the site ID on the panel visible in the pic? I figure it'd be okay, but still, worth asking.

Crossposting from the Sponsor sections: the tower in Lowell, MI is definitely in progress.

Rob/mods: Can I post pics outside the sponsor area if one has the site ID on the panel visible in the pic? I figure it'd be okay, but still, worth asking.

If the ID is right there, then yes. It's out in the open for anyone to see.

If the ID is right there, then yes. It's out in the open for anyone to see.

k. crossposting ho!

Update: definitely Sprint! I went up, asked the guys a couple questions. Some of them were a little weirded out when I told them I was a wireless enthusiast (heh), and others were super friendly and joked around with me. Conversation basically went:

Team Lead: "Hey, you work for Sprint?"

Me: "Yup, work at the store right here."

Team Lead: "Awesome! That's what we're working on right now! Putting up 4G LTE and Network Vision! Those are the new radios and panels right over there..."

First pic: from a distance, you can see an initial cable running up to the Sprint panels, on the right:

1410444-8BJ7HG3.jpg

Second pic: closeup of a couple of the guys prepping the RRUs and the new panels! If you look closely, you can see "DE34IP709".

img20130214132729.jpg

Any word yet on NV/lte updates for the Kalamazoo area? Seems like it's sprouting up in cities surrounding kzoo. I've been running sensory all day everyday since I drive all over for my job. Nothing yet though.

So far, we haven't seen any activity in the 'Zoo. Could be any day, though.

Holy Crap, went to my property in Portland and I have LTE!!!

Edit in: can't map it, GPS won't lock on for Sensorly to work. I was here last weakens and there was no LTE.

• Like 1

Not confirmed but I spoke with a buddy of mine who works for sprint and he said that all LTE cassettes for kalamazoo are in place and they are just waiting on a hard line. He explained that's why a ton of towers are down right now in the zoo. He also said all LTE / NV upgrades should be done in 3 months.

• Like 1

ForumRunner_20130216_103524.png

[ATTACH]2339[/ATTACH]

ForumRunner_20130216_103532.png

[ATTACH]2340[/ATTACH]

They must be testing it today, or just accepted it today. I had a source go through Glance last night in Michigan and found the new sites I posted. This is great news. :tu:

• Like 1

Holy Crap, went to my property in Portland and I have LTE!!! Edit in: can't map it, GPS won't lock on for Sensorly to work. I was here last weakens and there was no LTE. Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forum Runner

Cool! I had just noticed that dark purple spot over by Portland showing up. (it really stands out) I figured it must have been someone from this website!

I saw a crain next to a tower in Portage, MI late this afternoon I had the family and kids we me, so I wasn't able to investage further. I don't know if it is a Sprint cell site or not. The tower is owned by Global Tower, LLC and has a street address of 2015 W. Centre Ave, Portage MI, 49024 (42.200139 -85.612833). Here are two pictures I took with my phone.

20130218_165014.jpg

20130218_165027.jpg