I saw a crain next to a tower in Portage, MI late this afternoon I had the family and kids we me, so I wasn't able to investage further. I don't know if it is a Sprint cell site or not. The tower is owned by Global Tower, LLC and has a street address of 2015 W. Centre Ave, Portage MI, 49024 (42.200139 -85.612833). Here are two pictures I took with my phone.

Is this site at the corner of Oakland and Centre behind the laundromat? If so, I'm pretty sure that isn't Sprint. I want to say Tmob off the top of my head but I easily could be wrong.

I saw a crain next to a tower in Portage, MI late this afternoon I had the family and kids we me, so I wasn't able to investage further. I don't know if it is a Sprint cell site or not. The tower is owned by Global Tower, LLC and has a street address of 2015 W. Centre Ave, Portage MI, 49024 (42.200139 -85.612833). Here are two pictures I took with my phone.

95% sure that's a Verizon site. Believe they're decommissioning that flag pole tower and putting up a new faux pine tree tower instead in the woods.

Originally posted this in East Michigan,

Seems like some testing going on in South Lansing, MI. Around Cedar/Edgewood to Cedar/Willoughby. Live and work very close to those locations (which are close as well) and am pulling it at home and at work on the iPad. Speeds aren't as good as I've seem elsewhere and with other carriers yet but it's a start. Only getting about 6Mbps down, <1 up and ping is usually between 75-300.

I am a sales rep for sprint and they haven't said anything to us about it.

Anyone else in the area?

When I went down to Ohio last weekend, I picked it up for a few minutes between Howell and Brighton on 96. And I was just in Saginaw that is supposed to be lit up and they didn't have it as of 3 nights ago.

Tried to get in to GLANCE (but I'm not authorized) and my managers login still has him in the East MI so we can't see what going on here, and they took away my Service Trender access :/

I'm waiting to hear back from someone if I can get access.

post-11054-0-13805100-1361289258_thumb.jpg

I'm in South Lansing off Jolly and Cedar and i picked it up on my way into work on MLK but as soon as i got over to Cedar and Jolly I lost it again. Its just good to know they are working in the area. Now to get the tower off Penn upgraded and I'll be set while I'm at work.

• Like 1

Finally get LTE and I can't do any Sensorly mapping due to a GPS bug in my current CM ROM...

I hear you, i had sensorly working great and then my phone started having some glitches so i reinstalled the same ROM and now all of a sudden i can't map on sensorly anymore.

• Like 1

According to my sensorly app it looks as if there is LTE on the west side of Lansing (Delta Township). I don't think its from the tower on MLK and Holmes, seems too far away from there. Might have to take a stroll up that way later and see if its true.

According to my sensorly app it looks as if there is LTE on the west side of Lansing (Delta Township). I don't think its from the tower on MLK and Holmes, seems too far away from there. Might have to take a stroll up that way later and see if its true.

I live in that direction and will be driving over there after work, I'll check it out.

Edit in: You talking Creyts Rd and 496?

I live in that direction and will be driving over there after work, I'll check it out.

Edit in: You talking Creyts Rd and 496?

That and just to the west of the 96/69 splitoff going down towards charlotte there is a purple spot too (By the GM Plant) and up by the Lansing Mall.

That and just to the west of the 96/69 splitoff going down towards charlotte there is a purple spot too (By the GM Plant) and up by the Lansing Mall.

I'm going to guess that is a fluke signal from the MLK/Holmes tower. I'm surprised that there is nothing for Charlotte on the map, they have had a 4g only tower for a few weeks now.

I'm going to guess that is a fluke signal from the MLK/Holmes tower. I'm surprised that there is nothing for Charlotte on the map, they have had a 4g only tower for a few weeks now.

I live in Potterville just north of Charlotte and haven't noticed any 4G in Charlotte when I've been down there. I will check again when i go there again also.

• Like 1

So on my way home from work in south Lansing, I drive I-96 west to i-69 south and in i-96 I picked up 4g around the Lansing road exit and lasted until I was near the GM plant off i-69 south in delta township. It's a first in that area for me.

• Like 1

Is this site at the corner of Oakland and Centre behind the laundromat? If so, I'm pretty sure that isn't Sprint. I want to say Tmob off the top of my head but I easily could be wrong.

Yes, it is behind Portage Cleaners and Papa Johns. Crane was still there today. Based on current Sensorly Sprint 3G maps, I didn't think it was a Sprint site either. I would be a nice tower for Sprint to get on as it would help fill the gaps between the Haverhill water tower site and the Shaver Road/Industrial Drive tower.

95% sure that's a Verizon site. Believe they're decommissioning that flag pole tower and putting up a new faux pine tree tower instead in the woods.

It might be. The new Alltel tower is going to be across Oakland (southwest of this site a hundered yards or so) just south of the bank. It looks like the new tower was approved on 29-Jan-2013.

So on my way home from work in south Lansing' date=' I drive I-96 west to i-69 south and in i-96 I picked up 4g around the Lansing road exit and lasted until I was near the GM plant off i-69 south in delta township. It's a first in that area for me.[/quote']

Hmm... that is a stretch for either the MLK tower or the Eaton Rapids tower. Did you map it on Sensorly?

Edit in: just looked at the map and it has to be the MLK tower

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Sensorly did end up mapping for kalamazoo. You have to zoom in on W D Ave just west of town and there is a little purple for you.

Give it 12-24hrs and it will render up to the big map

I've been lurking on this site for several months waiting for LTE to go live in Lansing. I see some like jefbal99 have been receiving that connection in downtown Lansing and Eaton Rapids recently, which is great news for me. With regard to the frequencies, are these 800 or 1,900 connections? Since I'm an Apple guy and iPhones only have 1,900, I don't want to switch to Sprint until I know my iPhone can get LTE where I live and work. Thanks for any response.

• Like 1

I've been lurking on this site for several months waiting for LTE to go live in Lansing. I see some like jefbal99 have been receiving that connection in downtown Lansing and Eaton Rapids recently, which is great news for me. With regard to the frequencies, are these 800 or 1,900 connections? Since I'm an Apple guy and iPhones only have 1,900, I don't want to switch to Sprint until I know my iPhone can get LTE where I live and work. Thanks for any response.

Sprint is deploying CDMA voice on 800MHz in some areas now. But will not begin LTE 800 deployments until the end of the year. So all LTE deployments going live now are on PCS 1900 G Block.

Additionally, sites within the International Boundary Exclusion Zone cannot deploy 800MHz until coordination with Canadian and Mexican carriers and governments is finalized within the next year or two.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD