It's possible it's a similar type of panel that we have seen used in Ericsson markets, narrow beamwidth panel. Either for very urban areas, or rural areas with wide cell spacing trying to focus the signal down highways. I wouldn't imagine that they would not put up 800 capable panels only to have to replace them later once they make an agreement with Canada.

Does it look anything like the panel circled in red?

MO_Compare.JPG

That's what the panels look like on the accepted tower in new Baltimore as well as all the other network vision sites I have seen in metro Detroit

Looks like Samsung is doing something a bit different in Michigan with the panels. All the other Samsung panels I've seen have been much longer.

Michigan sites in the SMR exclusion zone will only have a single RRU, once you get to the western side of the state, expect to see two RRUs, maybe three.

Make sure to run Sensorly when you can!

I'll try, right now I dont have it and I'm right where I was earlier so maybe my phone was playing tricks on me.

I'll try, right now I dont have it and I'm right where I was earlier so maybe my phone was playing tricks on me.

If they were testing, then you could have just caught a lucky connection. Keep an eye out in the area and cycle airplane mode if needed. SignalCheck Pro (written by a member here) has a notification built in that dings when you connect to LTE.

Mother freaking woot, workers in the tower near my house. Couldn't get close enough to talk to them or know for sure, but looked like they were working on the Sprint antennas.

I'll verify with pictures tomorrow

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forum Runner

Mother freaking woot, workers in the tower near my house. Couldn't get close enough to talk to them or know for sure, but looked like they were working on the Sprint antennas.

*omitted*

Not to play forum cop and perhaps I don't know the full situation here but maybe you might want to check some of the info on your post.

Not to play forum cop and perhaps I don't know the full situation here but maybe you might want to check some of the info on your post.

Crap, thought I was in the sponsor thread. Thanks for the heads up

• Like 1

Looks like Samsung is doing something a bit different in Michigan with the panels. All the other Samsung panels I've seen have been much longer.

Michigan sites in the SMR exclusion zone will only have a single RRU, once you get to the western side of the state, expect to see two RRUs, maybe three.

I have an idea what the "SMR exlusion zone" might be, but can someone explain it in more detail or point where it is explained. (Don't want to hijack this thread.) Thanks.

I have an idea what the "SMR exlusion zone" might be, but can someone explain it in more detail or point where it is explained. (Don't want to hijack this thread.) Thanks.

Currently anything within 100 air miles to the border can not run 800mhz until an agreement is reached. So if you are in that area there will not have 800mhz rrus on the antennas.

It is the border between the US and Canada/Mexico where smr frequencies can't be used due to interference concerns. Check out 800ta.org for a map, I think it's 100km or 140km from the border (in the middle of lake Huron)

Someone should check Benton Harbor. Heard some rumors!!

I only had time to check out one on Sunday because it was rainy and the sun was setting. Definitely didn't see any Sprint LTE panels in my pics, though I'm not sure which rack was Sprint's since I'm not very familiar with the legacy panels. This was the tower off I-94. There are 3 more towers that are technically Benton Harbor addresses, and I may be able to check out 1 or 2 of them next weekend if I have time.

I also drove by two of the three St. Joseph sites (even though your rumor was BH) and they didn't look like they had anything, but it was almost dark. The third St. Joseph site is rooftop, so it will be harder to see if crews are there.

It appears to be the one In Progress site north if Benton Harbor. It is probably testing. I will be watching for it to appear on an acceptance report.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

It appears to be the one In Progress site north if Benton Harbor. It is probably testing. I will be watching for it to appear on an acceptance report.

Oh thanks I dunno how I didn't see the dot for the Benton Harbor site that's In Progress. I guess I wasted an hour of my time going to other towers lol. :/

Mother freaking woot' date=' workers in the tower near my house. Couldn't get close enough to talk to them or know for sure, but looked like they were working on the Sprint antennas.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forum Runner[/quote']

Finally got my pictures on the pc, pretty sure they are not network vision upgrades. It's two panels per sector and only four connections per panel. I'll just keep an eye out for more guys hanging in the towers.

Dunno if there's any point to posting these, but I did confirm the Benton Harbor upgrade with pics today. Unfortunately the whole lot (not just the fenced area) was marked "No Trespassing" so I just took pics from across the street. I would have liked to get closer, but at least it was only a 200ft tower.

Also, these pics are huge, so view the full pic if you want to zoom in and read the writing on the panels and RRUs (the panels are made by Powerwave). I may go back on a clearer day with a longer lens and try to get everything readable.

panelscollage.th.jpg towerfulllargereduced.th.jpg

Direct link to full size panels pic

Direct link to full size tower pic

EDIT: ugh...nevermind my first edit

• Like 1

Dunno if there's any point to posting these, but I did confirm the Benton Harbor upgrade with pics today. Unfortunately the whole lot (not just the fenced area) was marked "No Trespassing" so I just took pics from across the street. I would have liked to get closer, but at least it was only a 200ft tower.

Also, these pics are huge, so view the full pic if you want to zoom in and read the writing on the panels and RRUs (the panels are made by Powerwave). I may go back on a clearer day with a longer lens and try to get everything readable.

Nice pictures! Good to see 2 Samsung RRUs here. Means 800 SMR will be coming to your area.

• Like 1

Dude! I thought I had some nice pics on here, but those close-ups are pure Awesome!

• Like 1

OK, I'm going back to my tower and getting new pictures, those panels look the same as on my tower, but there was only a single RRU and I could only count 4 outputs. I'm driving down the damn access road and will take pics from the base of the tower if I have to.

I wonder if being in the current 800Mhz exclusion area that is why I only saw 4 outputs to a single RRU.

• Like 1