What's the fastest that you've seen a tower upgraded?

We had a site in the NOLA market go from legacy panels to network vision and broadcasting LTE in less than a week.

Was that one of the ones near the MB Superdome? ...for the Super Bowl?

Was that one of the ones near the MB Superdome? ...for the Super Bowl?

No, in the Westbank area. Would have been meaningless for most tourists. As it was not covering the French Quarter, airport, or anything in between.

Just a site that was probably waiting on RRUs. Cabinets and backhaul were ready.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 1

That is pretty fast alright. There is a site near me that has had panels up for more than 35 days now without broadcasting LTE lol.

Many of ours have been sitting that long. Some back in October, November, etc. They look cool though. In my general area most of them are not touched. Wish the crews would come back. I guess Tampa stole them! ;)

I am sure some other areas have some stragglers sitting longer. I wish there was a way for us to know why the various sites sit. Would ease the mind instead of just guessing it is backhaul.

That is pretty fast alright. There is a site near me that has had panels up for more than 35 days now without broadcasting LTE lol.

thats nothing..there is this site with panels attached ready fo more than 4 months and no LTE yet

thats nothing..there is this site with panels attached ready fo more than 4 months and no LTE yet

There's one NE of Hutchinson Kansas that is closing in on 9 months. But its being finished up now. It was waiting on backhaul.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

There's one NE of Hutchinson Kansas that is closing in on 9 months. But its being finished up now. It was waiting on backhaul.

Couldn't remember off hand where that was at. Thanks for posting! Now people can see why things could be tomorrow or in 9 months when the mythical "switch" is flipped.

• Like 2

And this is not just a Sprint issue. The Verizon site next door to my house went almost 10 months from panel/mw radome install until LTE went live on it.

• Like 1

When a site is inspected and accepted for 4G...does that mean that the backhaul is ready at the site as well??

Yes. The 4G has to be connected to new backhaul in order for it to pass inspection. However, if 3G is not yet accepted, it might not be connected to the new backhaul at the very same site.

Yes. The 4G has to be connected to new backhaul in order for it to pass inspection. However, if 3G is not yet accepted, it might not be connected to the new backhaul at the very same site.

Ok thanks for the clarification. Glad the backhaul is ready and not like these other sites lol. I was just asking because the site has been 4G accepted since the end of December but hasn't broadcasted an LTE signal yet from my observations. Guess they might be waiting to finish the 3G inspections first.

What would keep an accepted site from broadcasting LTE for long periods of times like we have seen on some sites?

A few towers out in the sticks here have had new panels and RRUs since December 2011, haha. It's taken that long to get backhaul installed. Still waiting for those towers to be lit up, as it looks like microwave backhaul was installed a couple weeks ago.

What would keep an accepted site from broadcasting LTE for long periods of times like we have seen on some sites?

Could be several factors, such as they are waiting to get more lte sites nearby accepted. Could also be on their to do list to make active but haven't got to it yet. Also could the the 4g switch isn't ready for that site yet. Once they have coverage for that tower on sprint.com and its not broadcasting lte, call sprint and tell them (be polite) and then they will do a ticket on it to make it active as the person who supposed to make it active accidently missed that site. (May take a few weeks to month from that point)

Sent from my SSGS3 using Forum Runner