Sprint Network Deployment Vendors don't work weekends?

Hi everyone....as we know Sprint wants to complete the NV build out as soon as possible. Does the vendors work weekends? Went to site # SD60XC029 today a NV in progress site in San Diego, CA. Sure I didn't see anyone working today. Any different with other vendors?

IMAG0680.jpg

Depends if the subcontractors want to earn some money for getting their job completed on time. Also there's different crews working on different parts so it may be just one crew is done and left stuff for another crew to do.

Is that tower built into a tree??!

It's a fake tree. Used in wealthier areas because people complain about how cell towers are so ugly and decreases property values and stuff like that.

I have seen plenty of NV work on weekends. A site In Progress can mean anything from work is imminently starting all the way up to work is fully complete and recently inspected.

Also, each activity at a site is handled by different crews with different scopes of work and expertise. So a site that is In Progress may have some work complete and is waiting for the next trade to come and complete their work. That could be days or weeks. And that just might fall on a weekend too. ;)

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

• Like 2

The subcontractors and acceptance teams work weekends. I ran into a crew of 5 hard at work on a Samsung site in PA today, and I was there to close the PO for the equipment. Not every sub works weekends though, especially if they are working away from their home, which is often the case in rural areas. Finding a GC who can bolt the cabinet down is easy, but finding one who does it right is another story.

• Like 6

Typically with any site build. a ground crew will come in first and install the cabinet, then a tower crew will do what they need to do, then it needs to be inspected. Once it passes the vendor sends out an integration team to load the cards, test alarms, punch down T1's, etc..., after that, they have to verify the site will take traffic on every sector, that all technologies being integrated work, and that 911 functions as it should on every sector. It's an arduous process, but necessary if the equipment is to remain in-service for an extended period.

The time between those processes can be days or weeks. There are sites that were built in PA before winter hit, and are inaccessible until the spring thaw. Obviously that's not the case in sunny San Diego, but you get my point

• Like 6

Typically with any site build. a ground crew will come in first and install the cabinet' date=' then a tower crew will do what they need to do, then it needs to be inspected. Once it passes the vendor sends out an integration team to load the cards, test alarms, punch down T1's, etc..., after that, they have to verify the site will take traffic on every sector, that all technologies being integrated work, and that 911 functions as it should on every sector. It's an arduous process, but necessary if the equipment is to remain in-service for an extended period.

The time between those processes can be days or weeks. There are sites that were built in PA before winter hit, and are inaccessible until the spring thaw. Obviously that's not the case in sunny San Diego, but you get my point[/quote']

Your posts have added good value to this site. Thanks for joining and contributing. Maybe you have ideas for an article on the wall as well? Just a thought.

Sent from phone

• Like 1

Your posts have added good value to this site. Thanks for joining and contributing. Maybe you have ideas for an article on the wall as well? Just a thought.

Sent from phone

Thanks. I have plenty of ideas, but I have to be careful about what I share. I rather enjoy working for Ericsson and had to sign an NDA, so in the interest of keeping my job...

• Like 7

Thanks. I have plenty of ideas, but I have to be careful about what I share. I rather enjoy working for Ericsson and had to sign an NDA, so in the interest of keeping my job...

thanks so much for sharing the details of what you have currently so far. I didn't realize how tedious the process is just to construct and deploy a NV site. I am sure Alcatel and Samsung have similar processes just like Ericcson does to ensure they go through their checklist to ensure the NV site is ready to be launched for the long haul. Imagining Sprint doing this for all 38000+ Sprint sites for NV is just still hard to fathom.

May I suggest if you do share any more details that you can to be in the Premier Sponsor section. At least the audience would be more limited.

I dedicate about 98% of my time to the NV project and I work 7 days. If I'm working on Sunday, it's typically from Home, my office or a hotel room doing admin work, but acceptance work take place Mon-Sat.

In that case and since Ericcson is doing the work in the Orlando Fl Market i'll buy u a beer if you ever come down this way!

Thanks for working as hard as u do!

@l3x

Ericsson is also doing 3rd party inspections in the other markets, which is a separate entity of the company. Maryland is about as far south as I go.

Ohh well... More for ME!!!!

:lol:

@l3x

when are the heading to sanford, fl

This is not a question that can be answered. Sanford is part of the Orlando market. The entire Orlando market is being upgraded. They go to each site when everything is ready and start work. There are likely already sites in Sanford in various stages of upgrade.

The moment the first Sanford site completes and passes inspection, it will go live. If someone gives you a date, they are a fool, charlatan or a liar. Because it would require a crystal ball. Someone may be able to tell you the day they were scheduled to be done. Even I have that info. However, it really depends on how things go at the site. Equipment delays, backhaul delays, weather delays, worker speed, logistics, and then when they are done they have to pass inspection from local authorities and then pass testing and inspection from Sprint. No one knows when a site is going to be live with any certainty.

When service comes to Sanford, it will first be only one site. And then in a few weeks, maybe another. As each site is accepted, Sprint allows its customers to use it. This is a good thing, as most carriers will wait until the whole city was done months later before allowing anyone to use the new network. There is currently a site live on the other side of the lake on the east side of Oviedo.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Thank you so much. is there a time frame of when it might arrive, can u tell the what the have scheduled.

We don't have a time frame, other than coming soon. Towers all across the market are being upgraded, so it's only a matter of time. If you would like more information as to what towers have already been upgraded, and which ones are in progress, then you can become a sponsor for this site. That will give you access to maps that show the locations of upgraded towers, as well as maps of all Sprint towers in the country.

For more information about becoming a sponsor, click here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/