Ingress Beta

Tranziq

Anyone in the Ingress Beta? If you have an android device and havent looked into Ingress, it looks like the first true Geo-Location, Augmented Reality killer app for Google Devices.

www.ingress.com & www.nianticproject.com/

I was invited to the Beta yesterday and I am having a blast. I am trying to recruit like minded people to join me in my fight against the enlightened.

if you get an invite please join the Resistance. our future is at stake :)

I am in no way affiliated with Google, nor am I advertising for them. Just wanted my friends here at S4GRU to have some fun while they are mapping with Sensorly :) I know I am

Is it like a community based role playhing game meets geocaching through your device GPS? Am I understanding this correctly? I thought I had it figured out, and then I watched the trailer. Now I'm more confused.

Robert

Robert, you hit the nail on the head. Geocaching + Role Playing while beefing up Googles Mapping API,

If I get some invites i will start posting them here first and it will be first come first serve

• Like 1

Robert, you hit the nail on the head. Geocaching + Role Playing while beefing up Googles Mapping API,

If I get some invites i will start posting them here first and it will be first come first serve

That would be awesome if you could!!

I got my invite on like day 2. I was having a blast with it up until recently. My "teammates" have made leveling up the primary goal with no regard to anyone else involved. The BEST advice I can give anyone playing or waiting to play is to organize your local group quickly.

Working for weeks to level up portals only to have them rendered useless by another players field SUCKS.

Start a collaborative Google map, work together, plan your fields to maximize coverage.

• Like 1

I got my invite on like day 2. I was having a blast with it up until recently. My "teammates" have made leveling up the primary goal with no regard to anyone else involved. The BEST advice I can give anyone playing or waiting to play is to organize your local group quickly. Working for weeks to level up portals only to have them rendered useless by another players field SUCKS. Start a collaborative Google map, work together, plan your fields to maximize coverage.

My main issue is that where I am at there are very few portals around. so Leveling up so I can get a field initiated has been a pain. I am level 2 now and it will take me a good while to get to level 3 due to lack of portals around. I made my first "link" today only because I was level 2 and put some resonators so It would actually reach.

My main issue is that where I am at there are very few portals around. so Leveling up so I can get a field initiated has been a pain. I am level 2 now and it will take me a good while to get to level 3 due to lack of portals around. I made my first "link" today only because I was level 2 and put some resonators so It would actually reach.

I know it sounds silly but you really need to set aside an afternoon and just keep hacking. Plan to spend at least 30 minutes at a portal. Hack it until the cool down period is like > 5 minutes then just move on to the next portal.

I spent a few hours one day and I currently have 100's of resonators/shields/portal keys in my inventory.

I know it sounds silly but you really need to set aside an afternoon and just keep hacking. Plan to spend at least 30 minutes at a portal. Hack it until the cool down period is like > 5 minutes then just move on to the next portal. I spent a few hours one day and I currently have 100's of resonators/shields/portal keys in my inventory.

do higher level portals give better "loot"?

do higher level portals give better "loot"?

My experience so far is that you get "loot" equal to your player level. If your're level 2 you'll get lvl 1 and lvl 2 stuff. I'm at lvl 3 but seldom get lvl 3 stuff.

I do seem to get MORE gear from higher level portals but never gear higher then my player level.

• Like 1

I really wish level 3 stuff would drop more often now that I am level 3. It is almost painful. I have several links I could make if I just could get some more level 3 resonators. I get a boatload of level 3 Bursters but no level 3 Resonators :(

I really wish level 3 stuff would drop more often now that I am level 3. It is almost painful. I have several links I could make if I just could get some more level 3 resonators. I get a boatload of level 3 Bursters but no level 3 Resonators :(

I was stuck there for a minute. You need to find and hack better portals. I now have a a lvl4 portal near my work and I get lvl3 gear every time. Lately I've been farming it hard. Just plan on spending 20-30 minutes and keep hacking until it goes unstable. Wait an hour and go back.

My experience so far is that you get "loot" equal to your player level. If your're level 2 you'll get lvl 1 and lvl 2 stuff. I'm at lvl 3 but seldom get lvl 3 stuff.

I do seem to get MORE gear from higher level portals but never gear higher then my player level.

your items from hacking are determined by the level of the portal/resonators. if you hack a portal with 8 lvl 6 resonators, youll get lvl 6 items all day. If the resonators on the portal vary, your items after hacking will too.. but still accordingly to what level resonators are placed.

you may be correct in that you cannot acquire items higher than your current level.. im not 100% on that. I've always been the highest level player, at least in the States. (First to level 8)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Newboyx I see you chose Resistance. I may come down to noblesville monday night to help take out the FD in noblesville. Maybe setup a meetup so I can hand off some loot to ya

also join this Google+ community.

https://plus.google.com/communities/110463744039273628675 it is the indiana resistance community

Newboyx I see you chose Resistance. I may come down to noblesville monday night to help take out the FD in noblesville. Maybe setup a meetup so I can hand off some loot to ya

also join this Google+ community.

https://plus.google.com/communities/110463744039273628675 it is the indiana resistance community

Already took it down! Check it Noblesville, it is cold...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...