Every time I hear someone complain about Sprint...

koiulpoi

I hear, "I hate Sprint, but I don't $350 hate Sprint. So I don't really hate Sprint, I'm just overly entitled."

Nobody likes a complainer. Complaining is the essence of inaction! If it's truly as bad as you say, then get up and do something about it. Solve your problems instead of yelling at others and wasting energy. Find a personal solution and execute it. Whining on the internet will do nothing positive.

Ahem. Sorry about the (slightly hypocritical) rant. Just had to get that off my chest.

Me, I'm going to spend some time away from general forums...

• Like 12

Went back to the thread/forum (I was curious) and just got threatened violence over calling somebody out on having their facts wrong (and being a liar, to which he readily admitted).

This is a first. Never seen anyone get that emotionally involved over cellular service. That thread is muted, blocked, uninstalled, history deleted, everything. Not going back.

In other news, you guys are awesome. I knew that, but seeing the rest of the wide open internet again makes me really want to say it. This community rocks.

• Like 8

I hear, "I hate Sprint, but I don't $350 hate Sprint. So I don't really hate Sprint, I'm just overly entitled."

That does happen, and definitely the case for many. However, I think it's fair for people to expect better than 200kbps speeds on 3G, and for them to be able to use GV, Rdio, GMaps, etc. Sure, I could leave and pay an ETF...but I actually want Sprint to pull this out and complete NV and to be a legitimate competitor to AT&T and Verizon. For that reason alone, I plan on sticking it out. Still trying to convince my wife, though. Story of my life.

just got threatened violence over calling somebody out on having their facts wrong (and being a liar, to which he readily admitted).

He could have been lying about being a liar. It happens. It really is crazy how invested people get in a company (see the comment section on every post about Apple and Android on any tech site). I'm not sure why people can't just use what they like and let others do the same.

• Like 4

People are understandably frustrated with the current condition of the legacy network. For me, it's the people who know it's in the process of being fixed, will take more than a year to do so and decided to renew their contracts and purchase new devices and now start whining and yelling all over again because it didn't change in another month. And then throw the, "Why hasn't my market started? Surely Dubuque is more important than Muncie. Everyone knows it!"

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 6

No no no, see, there's a very big difference. You've said to yourself, "I'm not going to whine and complain about Sprint. I'm going to wait for Network Vision, because I believe it will be awesome!" You have taken action. You have made a choice and taken steps to rectify what you see is a problem. People have a right to be angry, but being angry and complaining does little good - and in cases like these, only serves to waste time and energy.

He could have been lying about being a liar. It happens. It really is crazy how invested people get in a company (see the comment section on every post about Apple and Android on any tech site). I'm not sure why people can't just use what they like and let others do the same.

Funny, I didn't actually call him a liar, I just pointed out how silly it was to say that Sprint's a terrible company for considering Huawei (he made it sound like Sprint was using their equipment). And how silly it was to say that the Softbank deal was going to screw consumers because they're Asian, much like Huawei. That was actually his point: asian is bad. After I pointed this out, well, that was the flip-out post. But like I said, I've blocked the thread and the user, so I won't be reading his responses.

No no no, see, there's a very big difference. You've said to yourself, "I'm not going to whine and complain about Sprint. I'm going to wait for Network Vision, because I believe it will be awesome!" You have taken action. You have made a choice and taken steps to rectify what you see is a problem. People have a right to be angry, but being angry and complaining does little good - and in cases like these, only serves to waste time and energy.

Funny, I didn't actually call him a liar, I just pointed out how silly it was to say that Sprint's a terrible company for considering Huawei (he made it sound like Sprint was using their equipment). And how silly it was to say that the Softbank deal was going to screw consumers because they're Asian, much like Huawei. That was actually his point: asian is bad. After I pointed this out, well, that was the flip-out post. But like I said, I've blocked the thread and the user, so I won't be reading his responses.

Want me to go over there and go all Christopher Walken on him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWsFbybkgHM

• Like 7

Went back to the thread/forum (I was curious) and just got threatened violence over calling somebody out on having their facts wrong (and being a liar, to which he readily admitted).

Something similar happened a while back in another forum that I frequent. The response to being threatened was particularly well played:

Oh, no, please don't Internet beat me up.

:P

AJ

• Like 5

More cowbell?

AJ

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more. When I'm in an area with terrible 3G speeds it is definitely frustrating but I think it's ironic when people claim that Sprint is a worthless company when the only reason their speeds are so slow is because of how saturated their network is. Clearly they have an abundance of users they're trying to keep up with.

Scott, by posting only an isolated clip, you are depriving members of a greater overview of the cinematic landmark that is "Joe Dirt."

AJ

• Like 1

I thought I was the only one who regarded Cannibal! the Musical as one of their all time favs...

We once did a Colorado Alfred Packer car trip. Lots of fun. I torment my kids with songs from Cannibal all the time. Like, "Let's build a snowman!" and, "That's All I'm Asking For."

uploadfromtaptalk1354035763711.jpg

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

this is why i cant even browse the sprint community forums anymore. All i ever read is people whining, complaining and threatening. It becomes quite tiresome.

On another note, I have had friends that had sprint and pissed and moaned about the inadequate coverage in this area, and they fled to at&t because "they have better coverage). The truth of the matter is that none of the carriers have improved coverage over another here in the Upper Peninsula. Where one carrier has decent coverage another's is spotty so it all evens out. The best part is those same friends who fled to at&t then come over to my house and have asked me for my wifi password so they could watch a youtube video, and tell me that they cant stream pandora while they are riding around in there cars(when i can all of the time) come to find out, at&t doesn't even have 3g in my area.

• Like 6

This is a first. Never seen anyone get that emotionally involved over cellular service. That thread is muted, blocked, uninstalled, history deleted, everything. Not going back.

In other news, you guys are awesome. I knew that, but seeing the rest of the wide open internet again makes me really want to say it. This community rocks.

Woah. I think I saw you on Google+! I commented multiple times on that thread and then saw a comment about being threatened and connected it to this post. +Bryce

• Like 2

I thought I was the only one who regarded Cannibal! the Musical as one of their all time favs...

Seen it many times and have a copy.

I am a member of the Alferd Packer Memorial Kitchen Crew.

We cook for Tecumseh Lodge in the Boy Scouts, Order of the Arrow.

Our slogan is "We would love to have you for dinner" and we can be identified by our black shirts with Leonardo da Vinci's Vitruvian Man delineated with butcher cuts on the back.

For any of you familiar with the Order of the Arrow my Vigil name is Woapsu Machque which translates to Polar Bear. Now you know where my name and avatar come from.

• Like 3

this is why i cant even browse the sprint community forums anymore. All i ever read is people whining, complaining and threatening. It becomes quite tiresome.

Indeed, and that also applies to SU as well. Just for giggles I was over there reading some posts and couldn't help but laugh when some idiot that I believe doesn't even have Sprint was proclaiming that nobody had seen an impact from Network Vision. :rolleyes:

They should just shut that site down. While it was once a great place, it now doesn't even live up to it's name anymore as it seems like the majority of posters there don't use Sprint. :td:

On another note, I have had friends that had sprint and pissed and moaned about the inadequate coverage in this area, and they fled to at&t because "they have better coverage). The truth of the matter is that none of the carriers have improved coverage over another here in the Upper Peninsula. Where one carrier has decent coverage another's is spotty so it all evens out. The best part is those same friends who fled to at&t then come over to my house and have asked me for my wifi password so they could watch a youtube video, and tell me that they cant stream pandora while they are riding around in there cars(when i can all of the time) come to find out, at&t doesn't even have 3g in my area.

Hahahaha I still would laugh in they faces lol that's what they get for not doin research

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

First off I'd like to say that I'm very optimistic for the NV/LTE rollout. It's the main reason for sticking with Sprint and renewing my contract. With that out of the way its very difficult to not be frustrated with Sprint. Especially when for the last 3 years I've been stuck with .2 Mbps data speeds on 3g. So slow I can't even stream tunein radio reliably. So needless say me and I'm sure many other people are becoming increasingly impatient waiting for network upgrades that in a lot of cases we never receive, with little to no explanation from Sprint. And that's my gripe with Sprint, the lack of any explanation why. The only legitimate explanations I can ever find are from non affiliated sites like this one and others, which I appreciate greatly by the way.

I'm sure the incessant whining from people is getting annoying to a lot of you guys but the complaints aren't exactly baseless in some cases.

Sent from my rooted LTEVO running CM10.

First off I'd like to say that I'm very optimistic for the NV/LTE rollout. It's the main reason for sticking with Sprint and renewing my contract. With that out of the way its very difficult to not be frustrated with Sprint. Especially when for the last 3 years I've been stuck with .2 Mbps data speeds on 3g. So slow I can't even stream tunein radio reliably.

Pardon my soapbox for a moment, but some of these complaints rub me the wrong way.

I think it rather sad that wireless data and the resultant "spectrum crunch" have come to be defined by teens' and twenty-somethings' need to stream vapid pop music and YouTube or Slingbox incessantly.

All credit to the United Negro College Fund: "A mind is a terrible thing to waste..."

AJ

• Like 2