Every time I hear someone complain about Sprint...

koiulpoi

I'm 25 and use my unlimited lte for half play and half work related lol and I just wanna tell all my fellow sprint users that's waiting for lte to stick with sprint. U won't regret it when u have lte EVERYWHERE u go

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

A good chunk of it is probably legitimate and reflective of the state of the 3G network in non-network vision areas.

I don't think most people would take it upon themselves to register on Sprint.com and complain for absolutely no reason.

Edited by gangrene

I don't get why it's wrong to expect a reliable data rate.

You have a "reliable data rate." 200 kbps. Is that not enough for you? If not, that rate is largely constrained by all the vacuous minds streaming needless media.

AJ

• Like 1

I don't get why it's wrong to expect a reliable data rate.

Sent from my rooted LTEVO running CM10.

It isn't, and the accusation that people looking to use their mobile broadband connection for multimedia consumption (which IMO represents the bulk of smartphone users) are vacuous morons, is a very interesting rationalization.

It isn't, and the accusation that people looking to use their mobile broadband connection for multimedia consumption (which IMO represents the bulk of smartphone users) are vacuous morons, is a very interesting rationalization.

If the shoe fits...

;)

AJ

If the shoe fits...

;)

AJ

Okay then, so lets all go back to using T9 devices.

Smartphones are for easily distracted children, and the regular stream of complaints coming from areas using legacy equipment have nothing to do with the fact that Sprint failed to properly scale its 3G network to meet rising demand in many, many markets prior to the Network Vision initiative.

Edited by gangrene

Well the thing is he is right in that regard. There's too many people bogging down the towers in my area. So much in fact that I can't even listen to some simple internet radio stations. But you're also right in saying that we've not seen enough upgrades in this area to compensate for it. I'm sure there were some upgrades here but only enough to keep things the same without improving it.

Well the thing is he is right in that regard. There's too many people bogging down the towers in my area. So much in fact that I can't even listen to some simple internet radio stations. But you're also right in saying that we've not seen enough upgrades in this area to compensate for it. I'm sure there were some upgrades here but only enough to keep things the same without improving it.

There's a difference between the casual multimedia usage that most people engage in, and utterly abusing the network.

What happened was the transition where smartphones went from being in the minority to representing 90% of all new phone sales. During which, Sprint seriously neglected its 3G network because management was focused on the ill-fated WiMax build out. Then they added the 3G only iPhone last october, which brought in a bunch of new customers and sparked a reverse migration of traffic from existing users off of the WiMax network and back onto 3G network.

There is a difference between the causal multimedia usage that most people engage in and utterly abusing the network.

What happened was the transition where smartphones went from being in the minority to representing 90% of all new phone sales. During which, Sprint seriously neglected its 3G network because management was focused on the ill-fated WiMax build out. Then they added the 3G only iPhone last october, which brought in a bunch of new customers and sparked a reverse migration of traffic from existing users off of the WiMax network and back onto the 3G network.

People complain because the network is overloaded and performance is poor in many, many markets, those complaints are legitimate even if it annoys some of the kool-aid drinkers on this site. The good news being that the Network Vision initiative is a complete rebuild of their entire network from the ground up, designed to turn Sprint into a top performing carrier and resolve all of those issues. So everybody should be happy, and all of the complaining should stop in due time.

Edited by gangrene

"Come, my children. Come join me in The Lounge for the kool aid."

Get real.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 2

"Come, my children. Come join me in The Lounge for the kool aid."

Get real.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Only if there is fried chicken Robert!

• Like 1

This thread has gone away from what the original point was, which is this

Nobody likes a complainer. Complaining is the essence of inaction! If it's truly as bad as you say, then get up and do something about it. Solve your problems instead of yelling at others and wasting energy. Find a personal solution and execute it. Whining on the internet will do nothing positive.

Well I apologize. I feel like I kind of started something I didn't mean to there. :(

Don't feel bad. We all have been guilty of that on and off.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

This thread has gone away from what the original point was, which is this

I'm sorry, but fried chicken solves all of life's problems. :ty:

Robert

• Like 2

Just curious, doesn't anyone listen to the radio anymore? I mean the real radio. I've never understood the need to stream music in the car....

but anyway.

A real radio?? oh you mean that thing that cuts in and out, and has poor reception/static or nonstop commercial segments? I would rather pay a premium to remove the ads.. Speaking of which.. why the hell does Hulu Plus have Ads?!?! (Figured I would add a complaint here to bring the post back to semi-relevancy.. )

So how bout those bears...?

Just curious, doesn't anyone listen to the radio anymore? I mean the real radio. I've never understood the need to stream music in the car....

but anyway.

Well I use tunein radio to listen to talk radio. My area doesn't have a lot of my favorite hosts so streaming is the only way I can listen to them.

A real radio?? oh you mean that thing that cuts in and out, and has poor reception/static or nonstop commercial segments? I would rather pay a premium to remove the ads.. Speaking of which.. why the hell does Hulu Plus have Ads?!?! (Figured I would add a complaint here to bring the post back to semi-relevancy.. )

So how bout those bears...?

Maybe it's just me... I'd rather just turn on the radio than have to fiddle with my phone just to listen to music. Might help that I also know the DJs... B)

Good question about Hulu plus. Wondered that myself.

Now... what are these bears you speak of?

Well I use tunein radio to listen to talk radio. My area doesn't have a lot of my favorite hosts so streaming is the only way I can listen to them.

Eck. Can't stand talk radio. But if there's nothing you want to listen to, I guess I understand that.