Hurricane Sandy's Impact on Sprint/Network Vision

I don't think 90 mph winds will affect the towers that bad , I'd be worried about flooding tho more then anything

Yep, I have seen a couple of racks bent but that's about it. And those are few and far between. No toppled towers even though the houses are all missing shingles and many other pieces. Trees laying down everywhere. But nothing wrong with the towers.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Yep, I have seen a couple of racks bent but that's about it. And those are few and far between. No toppled towers even though the houses are all missing shingles and many other pieces. Trees laying down everywhere. But nothing wrong with the towers.

well that's good to hear were getting wind here in Ohio from it feels like a blizzard with out the snow

well that's good to hear were getting wind here in Ohio from it feels like a blizzard with out the snow

We're getting hammered with rain and wind. I've lost signal on my phone a couple of times (been at home all day) and it has roamed for extended periods of time. I'm getting a Sprint signal & 3G at the moment though. Lights are flickering every 5 seconds now. This is the worst its been all day. Probably not going to have many East Coast sites in next weeks update...

EDIT: Chicago is also getting hit hard. The lake is conveniently providing them with 12-18 foot waves, and the storm surge is getting pretty bad. Likely they won't see much NV this week either.

We're getting hammered with rain and wind. I've lost signal on my phone a couple of times (been at home all day) and it has roamed for extended periods of time. I'm getting a Sprint signal & 3G at the moment though. Lights are flickering every 5 seconds now. This is the worst its been all day. Probably not going to have many East Coast sites in next weeks update...

ya I highly dought it unless they are able to toward the end of the week but I'm sure it'll be a pain to work with any damage and flooding that there is prob just double up next week

ya I highly dought it unless they are able to toward the end of the week but I'm sure it'll be a pain to work with any damage and flooding that there is prob just double up next week

There will be some progress, just not as much as last week. No one was working on towers today (well, I hope no one was), and I would hope they wouldnt go out tomorrow. Especially in New York City. Getting blown off one of those buildings would be horrible.

I'll see if I can find my Rita pics. Cat 3 winds (nothing to play with). Sprint site on a billboard. The building next to it is missing the entire roof. Nothing wrong with the cell site. I remember another one where the barn was missing but the tower was just fine.

Actually my tower got knocked out and I am roaming right now. Luckily I have an Airave. Hopefully when they come to fix it, they just NV it to get it out of the way.

If backhaul or power is gone then there is nothing for the tower crews to do, totally out of their hands. A lot of sites have generators here, but that still leaves you at the mercy of backhaul.

EDIT: Chicago is also getting hit hard. The lake is conveniently providing them with 12-18 foot waves, and the storm surge is getting pretty bad. Likely they won't see much NV this week either.

Just lots of strong wind here. Absolutely nothing out of the ordinary, especially for late October it always gets very windy anyway. As for the waves I assume that they are very big but I haven't been to the beach to see them. No lights flickering and most certainly no cellular outages. The leaves have all come off the trees so no limbs breaking left and right either.

• Like 1

As I was reading about the lake winds and waves my mind started playing Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald as background...

Really!

Sent from Photon Q LTE - Tapatalk

• Like 1

I still have power, lucky me! To be honest, I expected a lot worse... At the moment, my phone is switching between my home tower and another one, and occasionally roaming. The other tower was down for like 5 hours last night though. I even got -119 LTE for a second, but it immediately switched away. Rain is picking up a bit, not much wind right now.

I still have power, lucky me! To be honest, I expected a lot worse... At the moment, my phone is switching between my home tower and another one, and occasionally roaming. The other tower was down for like 5 hours last night though. I even got -119 LTE for a second, but it immediately switched away. Rain is picking up a bit, not much wind right now.

Unfortunately that means back to work today :( Albeit an hour later but I still would have liked to sleep in a bit more.

NYC is still down today. There are tankers that are on roads in Staten Island. There is a part of Queens where there were 50 homes that caught fire. There were tons of power outages in Brooklyn. It was crazy. Another day home for me though.

My 3G isn't working. Took a drive around my area, and both 3G and LTE don't work unless I turn off LTE. I think it maybe a problem with the 4G core?

EDIT: Now with LTE off, I'm getting this message:

0uwgm.png

Very weird... Maybe the tower I'm connected to?

As I was reading about the lake winds and waves my mind started playing Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald as background...

Really!

Sent from Photon Q LTE - Tapatalk

I saw a really interesting documentary once on the Edmund Fitzgerald. I miss documentaries. Remember when that's all they showed on the Discovery Channel?

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 2