Hurricane Sandy's Impact on Sprint/Network Vision

That was a good documentary - I saw it too a few years ago.

(I'd much rather have good documentaries than these "reality" shows that have little if anything to do with "reality."

Sent from Photon Q LTE - Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm in NJ, and this morning when I woke up I had no service. I can only get spotty service. Roaming most of the time. Even when roaming, my calls/texts have trouble going through and can barely use data. My sister has T-Mobile and she has a good signal, no problems.Thank goodness WiFi is working otherwise my GSIII would be rendered useless lol.

Still without power here in jersey 07031. Lost it late Monday night. Signal is 2 bars lower and having trouble texting, calling. Here's a pic of the river by me. (passaic river)

uquzu7e6.jpg

EvoLte via Tapatalk

I haven't had power or cell service in two days.

But here's what's really annoying me...occasionally I'll get full bars and am able to make a call but get a message from Verizon telling me to have a credit card ready.

What the hell is going on? Why isn't free Verizon roaming working now that we need it most? Fortunately the pay phones never stopped working

I can't even make phone calls constantly roaming and my phone keeps losing battery because of it. Its not helping that I don't have power either and I live in New Brunswick decent sized city

If you need to save power use airplane mode and then check occasionally for service. I'm in nb a well, downtown has power if you need to plug in.

This Verizon thing is really posing me off

"thank you for calling vw please hold for an operator to make a credit card phone card our collect call"

If you need to save power use airplane mode and then check occasionally for service. I'm in nb a well, downtown has power if you need to plug in.

This Verizon thing is really posing me off

"thank you for calling vw please hold for an operator to make a credit card phone card our collect call"

Verizon probably can not verify with Sprint for some reason that you are a "good client" to allow roaming. They don't just let anybody roam on their network, no carrier does, that would be a HUGE security risk.

• Like 1

Isn't Verizon blocking roaming? Really sucks although I have better signal now. Still getting stuff late

EvoLte via Tapatalk

Verizon is not blocking roaming. They were actually affected worse than most of the other carriers. Their building in downtown Manhattan flooded and supposedly a lot of equipment was damaged. It was mentioned on the news a few times. Supposedly they are slowing getting stuff back online, but until power is restored the coverage will be spotty.

Texts now going through maybe half the time. Calls take like five attempts. Still no 3g or 4g

Very normal. Seen that every storm.

Reminds me on the old ATT network when Cingular bought them. Katrina gave them the excuse to get rid of the old network.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Sorry I started this thread and abandoned it, was dealing with Hurricane stuff and then yesterday after being shutdown for 2 days, major upheaval at work. Tuesday was the worst day for me phone service wise didn't loose signal or power but seemed all networks were congested.

Here is an update from Clearwire on their Network Recovery.

Clearwire Disaster Recovery Response to Super Storm Sandy

October 31, 2012 4:00 p.m. EST

Clearwire is quickly responding to the massive destruction left behind by Hurricane Sandy in several states throughout the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic. Additional resources and network teams from the Southeast and Midwest are actively assisting our teams on the ground throughout the region. Clearwire is working in conjunction with our network partner Ericsson to restore service for impacted customers. Affected areas include New York City, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Baltimore, Maryland, Bridgeport, Connecticut, Boston, New Brunswick, Cleveland and Rochester.

Our number one priority is to restore service in the impacted areas as quickly and safely as possible. We are working closely with first responders, government, telecom partners and local officials on the ground to provide critical mobile, home and office broadband 4G internet service where it is needed most. One of the obvious challenges in the area has been massive power outages and flooding. Total restoration of the impacted areas is unknown at this time. However, we have made tremendous progress restoring service for many of the tens of thousands of customers who have been impacted.

Impacted Customers:

Due to Hurricane Sandy, customers may experience temporary or intermittent service outages, as well as lengthier Customer Care wait times. Clearwire will address and resolve service issues as quickly as we can, with personal safety (of both our customers and our workers) being our top priority. Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you are experiencing no or intermittent service in your area, customers are encouraged to call 888-888-3113, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Customers can also utilize Clearwire's social media channels on Twitter (@CLEAR) and on Facebook (CLEAR4G) for questions as well.

Verizon probably can not verify with Sprint for some reason that you are a "good client" to allow roaming. They don't just let anybody roam on their network, no carrier does, that would be a HUGE security risk.

I'm sure a state of emergency is an important time to provide customers with the best network possible. T-Mobile and at&t did it why does it make it any different in this case?

Verizon is not blocking roaming. They were actually affected worse than most of the other carriers. Their building in downtown Manhattan flooded and supposedly a lot of equipment was damaged. It was mentioned on the news a few times. Supposedly they are slowing getting stuff back online, but until power is restored the coverage will be spotty.

They had to have because my roommate has verizon and when I was roaming I couldn't make calls and couldn't send texts.