Sprint tells me they use a software to see your dropped call,missed call, etc. information?

I just got of the phone with tech support because of my issues with my S3 not recieving 50% of my calls and was informed that they checked my specific number with software they use and was told I only had one dropped call in 3 months. This I argued till I was blue in the face was false because I have missed and dropped at least 60 calls in the last 2 months. It was a pointless argument because I have no report or log of my missed and dropped calls etc. on my part. This leads me to believe that their software has not been upgraded or does not recognize the Samsung S3's bandwidth. Could I be right?

I just got of the phone with tech support because of my issues with my S3 not recieving 50% of my calls and was informed that they checked my specific number with software they use and was told I only had one dropped call in 3 months. This I argued till I was blue in the face was false because I have missed and dropped at least 60 calls in the last 2 months. It was a pointless argument because I have no report or log of my missed and dropped calls etc. on my part. This leads me to believe that their software has not been upgraded or does not recognize the Samsung S3's bandwidth. Could I be right?

I have not had issues like that with my galaxy s3 ever. It could be related to your specific device.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

It goes off of what the network can see, and what your handset reports as drops.

Now, it only reports drops that are the network's fault, or the handset's fault (usually). It can miss some, and if it's the fault of the other person you're talking to, it will just seem like the call ended normally to Sprint's systems.

I have not had issues like that with my galaxy s3 ever. It could be related to your specific device.

I wish it was but unfortunately it is not. I have posted here several times about my device issues, about sending it back to Samsung only to be told the device is fine but noted "No PCS Service", about going to a Sprint service center where they replaced my device and I am still having these issues, even with full bars. Please lets get 1 thing straight about Sprint. For the past 2 months in my areas of California which are not yet seeing the NV rollout, for whatever reason, their network has become very unstable and unreliable. Sprint won't admit it and it seems just because you have no issues with your device,you won't admit or should I say permit the possibility of their network not being a viable service.

You can tell us until you're blue in the face but it will do you any good. This is not your usual Sprint site where they have a rant section where people complain about their service or their phone. You just need to get them to replace your device and see if you still have problems. If you still do, it maybe that your phone is provisioned incorrectly and needs to be reprovisioned and programmed correctly.

• Like 1

How do I ask them to do this? "Could you please reprovision my phone"? Can I do this manually?

You ask them to re-provision your phone. Basically erase your phone from their system and re-add it. Then after they do that they ask you to reprogram your phone with a new MDN.

I wish it was but unfortunately it is not. I have posted here several times about my device issues' date=' about sending it back to Samsung only to be told the device is fine but noted "No PCS Service", about going to a Sprint service center where they replaced my device and I am still having these issues, even with full bars. Please lets get 1 thing straight about Sprint. For the past 2 months in my areas of California which are not yet seeing the NV rollout, for whatever reason, their network has become very unstable and unreliable. Sprint won't admit it and it seems just because you have no issues with your device,you won't admit or should I say permit the possibility of their network not being a viable service.[/quote']

What are you talking about? First off, don't respond to me as if I know all your past posts and follow your personal history. Because I don't. We have thousands of members. I cannot follow you guys to that level.

Second, I personally am sorry to hear you are having problems. But we are not Sprint. So please have reasonable expectations from us. We have a lot of knowledge here between us and can often help you. But sometimes we cannot, or don't have the answer you want.

Third, there is no secret here, or anywhere for that matter that Sprint's legacy network has major problems. It is discussed throughout our site.

Last, I don't much appreciate your tone. Admit what? What do you want me to admit? I'm not hiding anything from you. I'm being honest with you. I do not have problems with my GS3 anything like you have. And I can tell you the dozens of people I know with the GS3 have never complained of issues like that either. That's a fact.

I never dismissed your complaints or said what you are experiencing isn't real. I just wanted to make the point that I don't think it is a widespread GS3 issue. It is either your specific device or something else. And that is a valid point and not indicative that I won't admit something.

I understand your frustration. However, we are not Sprint nor Samsung and we are in no way responsible for your problem.

• Like 9

Two thoughts...

1. If you are not receiving incoming calls at a specific location, then you could be near a NID boundary. Sprint will not, cannot fix that network characteristic. The best that you can do is install an Airave at that location.

2. If you are dropping calls, maybe most of your callers are AT&T subs, and they are the ones who are actually dropping the calls. Or people could be just hanging up on you (I kid, I kid).

AJ

• Like 1

Two thoughts...

1. If you are not receiving incoming calls at a specific location, then you could be near a NID boundary. Sprint will not, cannot fix that network characteristic. The best that you can do is install an Airave at that location.

2. If you are dropping calls, maybe most of your callers are AT&T subs, and they are the ones who are actually dropping the calls. Or people could be just hanging up on you (I kid, I kid).

AJ

Valid points being made here, I have a friend with a iPhone 4s (at&t) whose phone drops calls on me all the time, not as frequently when he had the 4 I might add. He gets the dropped call on his end not mine. I mention this because while he has better/faster 3G/fauxG, voice seems another thing.

What is NID?

Sent from my EVO LTE-LESS using Tapatalk 2

Two thoughts...

AJ

2nd might be true. I have noticed a lot more dropped calls lately on my ATT 4S.

You ask them to re-provision your phone. Basically erase your phone from their system and re-add it. Then after they do that they ask you to reprogram your phone with a new MDN.

Thanks for the suggest. Being that my phone was replaced once already, would'nt the new phone have a new MDN or does my old MDN one rollover to the new one?

I wish it was but unfortunately it is not. I have posted here several times about my device issues, about sending it back to Samsung only to be told the device is fine but noted "No PCS Service", about going to a Sprint service center where they replaced my device and I am still having these issues, even with full bars. Please lets get 1 thing straight about Sprint. For the past 2 months in my areas of California which are not yet seeing the NV rollout, for whatever reason, their network has become very unstable and unreliable. Sprint won't admit it and it seems just because you have no issues with your device,you won't admit or should I say permit the possibility of their network not being a viable service.

did'nt mean sound like a a hole. My apologies Edited by MelonSplitter
  • Like 1

What are you talking about? First off, don't respond to me as if I know all your past posts and follow your personal history. Because I don't. We have thousands of members. I cannot follow you guys to that level.

Second, I personally am sorry to hear you are having problems. But we are not Sprint. So please have reasonable expectations from us. We have a lot of knowledge here between us and can often help you. But sometimes we cannot, or don't have the answer you want.

Third, there is no secret here, or anywhere for that matter that Sprint's legacy network has major problems. It is discussed throughout our site.

Last, I don't much appreciate your tone. Admit what? What do you want me to admit? I'm not hiding anything from you. I'm being honest with you. I do not have problems with my GS3 anything like you have. And I can tell you the dozens of people I know with the GS3 have never complained of issues like that either. That's a fact.

I never dismissed your complaints or said what you are experiencing isn't real. I just wanted to make the point that I don't think it is a widespread GS3 issue. It is either your specific device or something else. And that is a valid point and not indicative that I won't admit something.

I understand your frustration. However, we are not Sprint nor Samsung and we are in no way responsible for your problem.

My apologies
  • Like 3

I'm not sure "dropped calls" is the best term here, it sounds more like "blocked calls". And I don't remember if you said this happens all over or just in one location?

Service Trender allows the rep/tech to see exactly your specific number on the network. It can show specifically the number of call attempts the network has received from your phone, how many connected fine, how many were blocked (and general errors if they were blocked, including network-specific issues). It also tracks dropped calls that are unexpected on the network. For example, if you are going from native to roaming coverage, it will not count as a dropped calls, because it is entirely expected with hard hand-off between networks like that. It will track a dropped call from a Sprint network hand-off that failed, and can sometimes determine if it was network-caused or not. It also has information directly from our Network Event Board to see specific towers that you have used, and mapping them out to give a visual representation of any drops/blocks/etc. It also shows blocks/drops from the GP (general population) on that same tower, so out of the overall number of calls on that tower, how many it handles that are dropped or blocked. Keep in mind all of this can't necessarily determine a phone vs. network issue, it's just raw data the rep has to interpret and make an educated guess. The only way to know for sure that it isn't the phone is to have the antenna tested, and none of the LTE phones are supported in the retail S&R testing equipment.

Note that the internal tools don't show us how "healthy" the network is. I.E. data throughput, overall blocks/drops, network overload, etc. IT just shows us currently opened tickets, and we can see the Service Trender for your phone.

If you are in an area where you are dropping a Sprint signal and roaming back and forth Service Trender may show you green across the board because it is expecting you to have issues there given the context of the area.

• Like 3

I see a fellow Sprint community forum person has joined here. I've seen you around halcyon, I go by Jonmcr78 on Sprint community.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I've been around... assisting where I can and when I can. Sometimes being corrected by the wealth of knowledge here... hehe

I've been around... assisting where I can and when I can. Sometimes being corrected by the wealth of knowledge here... hehe

I just got off the phone with Ticket support and they said they would completly wipe my subscription and rebuild my network or something like that. She made me turn off my phone,wait 1 minute and turn it back on. She said OK evrything is fine now. I told her that nothing changed on my phone, It just restarted without any reactivation,updates or anything. She said this was normal. My question is, is this the normal procedure for rebuilding your network or line. Also, thanks for the info on service Tender Edited by MelonSplitter

I just got off the phone with Ticket support and they said they would completly wipe my subscription and rebuild my network or something like that. She made me turn off my phone,wait 1 minute and turn it back on. She said OK evrything is fine now. I told her that nothing changed on my phone, It just restarted without any reactivation,updates or anything. She said this was normal. My question is, is this the normal procedure for rebuilding your network or line. Also, thanks for the info on service Tender

Yes, the phone must be off so it is not checking in with the towers during account rebuild process, your phone checks in with your tower on a slot cycle. So every 2.5 seconds the phone queries the tower as to whether there is a phone call or text message waiting. This is why airplane mode on gives massively better battery life :P .

Most likely the person you were talking to had already gotten everything setup on the network side and just had to make sure the phone was off before submitting the changes. Since the actual programming on the phone itself would not change; your MDN, MSID, NAI, etc. would all be identical, you most likely wouldn't see anything on your phone when the change went through.

• Like 2