Network Vision/LTE - Hawaii Market (including Honolulu, Oahu and all Hawaiian Islands)

markjcc

In NYC right now and B41 is slooowww... Probably because it's over saturated in Manhattan

B41 is not over saturated, some sites have full speed backhaul some don't. But B41 rarely ever becomes unusable in NYC, unless the signal is below -110dBm.

Luckily the second B41 carrier and 4x2MIMO is coming very very soon!

• Like 1

B41 is not over saturated, some sites have full speed backhaul some don't. But B41 rarely ever becomes unusable in NYC, unless the signal is below -110dBm.

Luckily the second B41 carrier and 4x2MIMO is coming very very soon!

Guess that's why I get no data inside the hotel, -122dBm[emoji22]

• 3 weeks later...

what location was this?

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 via the Coconut Wireless \000/

Waipahu. I think the b26 tower is far tho, only one bar

I was in NYC 2 weeks ago and B26 was OK. Penetrated indoor good, had fast LTE inside grand Central terminal

Edited by Nacron

So what is the progress of HD voice.  I updated my GSIII to the NJ2 firmware in the beginning of Feb.  The very next weekend, on a drive to north shore, I noticed that a call to my wife's iPhone 6 has a new icon (HD Voice) somewhere around Chinaman's hat.  According to changelog, NJ2 added this HD Voice icon.  But after that intance, none of the calls to my wife's number show up as HD voice anymore.  I thought HD voice was supposed to have rolled out nationwide.  We have LTE coverage, but it doesn't appear HD Voice is turned on in town.  Anyone else notice HD Voice calls?

Then they definitely turned it on at one town at least one time...  since her car was just ahead of my car.

HD voice must be made from and to a tower with HD voice support. The only time I saw that was when my wife and I was at Caesar's palace in Vegas. Haven't seen it here yet

post-34798-0-19377700-1428434857_thumb.png

This may be a bit unrelated... but since iOS 8.3 is getting WIFI calling on Sprint (and free wifi calling when you are in another country, YAY), I decided to check status on my Galaxy SIII. And what do you know, Sprint has a Tutorial on how to activate it...

http://support.sprint.com/support/tutorial/Activate_WiFi_calling_Samsung_Galaxy_Sreg_III_16GB/53041-1828

Except... it doesn't work. There is no WIFI Calling application. The tutorial was out in 2014. It's 2015 and I am on the latest firmware, someone must have messed up

This may be a bit unrelated... but since iOS 8.3 is getting WIFI calling on Sprint (and free wifi calling when you are in another country, YAY), I decided to check status on my Galaxy SIII. And what do you know, Sprint has a Tutorial on how to activate it... http://support.sprint.com/support/tutorial/Activate_WiFi_calling_Samsung_Galaxy_Sreg_III_16GB/53041-1828Except... it doesn't work. There is no WIFI Calling application. The tutorial was out in 2014. It's 2015 and I am on the latest firmware, someone must have messed up

Only works on galaxy s3T. Original s3 excluded like galaxy s4 and s4t.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Still no B41 yet?  Most sites on Oahu have an approved permit.

However, no new permit applications in the past few weeks.

But only a couple sites have permits actually issued. I've seen work done without a permit issued before, but if caught there is a significant fine for commercial work done without one.

But only a couple sites have permits actually issued. I've seen work done without a permit issued before, but if caught there is a significant fine for commercial work done without one.

Most have "approved to issue". Is that different than actually issued? How can we tell the difference?

Most have "approved to issue". Is that different than actually issued? How can we tell the difference?

As I recall, approved to issue means the city has reviewed the application and approved it. The contractor now has to go to the Fasi Municipal Building and get it and it will be issued. Contractors will wait because the job is not scheduled or they are waiting for other permits, materials, etc.

An approved permit will have a permit number and the status will change to under inspection.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yes, what 808Bill said is correct. HI03XC393 is an example of "approved to issue" and HI03XC351 is an example of actually issused.

Yes, what 808Bill said is correct. HI03XC393 is an example of "approved to issue" and HI03XC351 is an example of actually issused.

Thanks for the clarification.  Oh well.  Hopefully Sprint will have the backhaul ready whenever the crews start working.

• 2 weeks later...