Network Vision/LTE - North Wisconsin Market (Wausau/Green Bay/Appleton)

n9ovreric

Sorry I worded that wrong... I wondering if there has been any new 4G and if they turned on more towers than what was on. 

My bad. But yes, I do use sensorly often and map as much of what I can. That is when I remember to!

I don't know if any more sites have been activated recently, can't say I watch that part of the country all that closely, sorry. Maybe someone in your market will have a better answer, ha.

I can tell you that they are still actively upgrading your market. They won't stop until every site has LTE. However, it is really hard to say when each site will have LTE. The vast majority of sites in your area already have all the equipment installed, they're just waiting on the ISPs in the region to fulfill their contracts for upgraded backhaul. Once the backhaul arrives, LTE will be brought online.

Backhaul has been one of the biggest factors slowing the NV project down, as many of the companies have been dragging their feet bringing the fiber out to the cell sites.

• Like 2

I don't have anything to be able to access B26 otherwise I would love to go see if the 800LTE is broadcasting where it is accepted.  Are there any premier sponsors that could go check it out??

I'm in the same situation as you. I go through that area pretty frequently but I didn't rush to get a tri-band device because I never thought it would be in our area so soon since we had to wait so long after 1900 LTE started rolling out for that to show up.

• 3 weeks later...

You guys should be aware of this band 26 sighting in your area, the first one:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5107-lte-800-band-26-sites-accepted-discussion/page-19&do=findComment&comment=261369

Maybe one of you can duplicate it or even get more detail!!!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody know what's going on with Hortonville?

The tower that is to the east on the outskirts of downtown there, I can't seem to get any LTE out of it. If you look at Sensorly it cuts out right before you enter from New London (which has pretty good lte) and is very spotty until you get into Greenville and the same can be said about the tower there too.

The tower at 76 and 15 I get no lte out of it either yet that whole area (Greenville) shows lte. I know downtown Hortonville still shows 3g.

So I wonder if there is still work to be done on either?

• 1 month later...

Just got a galaxy mega! And im getting band 26 in wisconsin rapids! I think haha

• Like 1

Just got a galaxy mega! And im getting band 26 in wisconsin rapids! I think haha

That seems about right.  There have been more than a couple sightings in that area.  Congrats...  Now if it can just spread to the Baraboo/Dells area, I would be a happy camper as well.  :D

Haha im just impatiently waiting for the tower in Rudolph to get upgraded... but atleast now with band 26 I have a -110 dbm from the towers in rapids.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I really hope that the rest of the Sturgeon Bay/Door County cluster gets upgraded before tourist season starts up there.

People from all around the world flock there and I bet a small handful are Sprint customers.

None the less, great service in Sturgeon Bay.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to save my friends some money and see if Sprint is a good option for them in the Appleton area.  There are two people that would consider going on the Framily plan but I don't want to steer them wrong and have them get bad coverage.  One person is one block east of North Washington and East 1st St.  The other is right by the Fox River Mall.   I've checked coverage maps, but personal experience is always better.  How is it looking around there?

I'm trying to save my friends some money and see if Sprint is a good option for them in the Appleton area. There are two people that would consider going on the Framily plan but I don't want to steer them wrong and have them get bad coverage. One person is one block east of North Washington and East 1st St. The other is right by the Fox River Mall. I've checked coverage maps, but personal experience is always better. How is it looking around there?

most of not all of Appleton has lte and the service is getting better.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm trying to save my friends some money and see if Sprint is a good option for them in the Appleton area.  There are two people that would consider going on the Framily plan but I don't want to steer them wrong and have them get bad coverage.  One person is one block east of North Washington and East 1st St.  The other is right by the Fox River Mall.   I've checked coverage maps, but personal experience is always better.  How is it looking around there?

most of not all of Appleton has lte and the service is getting better.

+1 to that, I'm in Appleton almost everyday of the week. Most of the back roads that are purple in Sensorly are from me being curious and filling it in. Service has DRAMATICALLY become better even in the past three months. Currently the main part of Appleton as n9overic said is almost all filled in. I have noticed only a few very random spots around the outskirts of Appleton that are either stronger 3G or weak 4G. I do also fade out to 3G at some parts in the mall, but still fast enough to use.

Once the last few towers get finished up, I'm sure it will become even better than what it is now.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So does anyone know what kind of timeline we're looking at for Spark coverage in Green Bay and Appleton?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

I'm thinking the same about Wausau.

• 1 month later...

Anyone in the GB/Appleton area having issues in the last half hour? My wife and I both lost or 4g LTE connection and are getting roaming warnings.

Milwaukee and Madison are also having problems.

• Like 1

Anyone in the GB/Appleton area having issues in the last half hour? My wife and I both lost or 4g LTE connection and are getting roaming warnings.

In Marshfield area and experiencing the same as you are.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear it's happening to you too but I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one.  Hopefully it's back up soon.  I wonder if this has anything to do with upgrading the towers to Spark?  #wishfulthinking

• 2 weeks later...

No new news but just wanted to say I'm quite bummed that Door County didn't get LTE yet.

With it being such a huge tourist attraction this time of year for so many, it would have been awesome for the Sprint users who don't live there - but come up for vacation in the summer - to be wowed by the difference of old sites to the brand spankin' new sites that we are all growing to love. But at least Sturgeon Bay was taken care of. 

Oh well... plus I know there are more important sites and areas then this too. Maybe for summer 2015!?

Forgot to mention too, I wonder if all the road construction is what's part of the hold up for upgrades.

No new news but just wanted to say I'm quite bummed that Door County didn't get LTE yet.

With it being such a huge tourist attraction this time of year for so many, it would have been awesome for the Sprint users who don't live there - but come up for vacation in the summer - to be wowed by the difference of old sites to the brand spankin' new sites that we are all growing to love. But at least Sturgeon Bay was taken care of.

Oh well... plus I know there are more important sites and areas then this too. Maybe for summer 2015!?

They all have been upgraded. Just waiting on backhaul. Hopefully they don't use CenturyLink in that area.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1