Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

Yea, Alamogordo is one step closer. Ran into a contractor running fiber to the area where the box is going to be installed. They did not know when it would be installed, he did say that most of the sites he has worked the fiber boxes where done withing a few weeks of him running the fiber to the area. Forgot to ask him about the tower by Holloman. There was a crew ou there the other day. Sure hope they get this done soon.

• Like 1

Just this afternoon I started having full bars of LTE on Jefferson/Masthead area at work. So a new tower must have just gone live!

I notes last Wednesday that pings went to the 1000's. On Thursday and Friday, 3G at masthead went to above 1mb down. Awesome news.

I notes last Wednesday that pings went to the 1000's. On Thursday and Friday, 3G at masthead went to above 1mb down. Awesome news.

That said, the downloads seem all over the map and much slower than they should be on LTE, so I'm guessing they are still testing the site. 

That said, the downloads seem all over the map and much slower than they should be on LTE, so I'm guessing they are still testing the site.

Hopefully they leave it up. I am not over there this week. Exciting for next week.

The Unser/Montano site on the West Mesa and the Carlisle/Indian School site were accepted yesterday.  Maybe the new Jefferson site is being accepted today?

Robert

• Like 1

The Unser/Montano site on the West Mesa and the Carlisle/Indian School site were accepted yesterday.  Maybe the new Jefferson site is being accepted today?

Robert

New jefferson site?  I didn't know there was one other than the two along north jeffereson

New jefferson site?  I didn't know there was one other than the two along north jeffereson

Sorry.  Bad choice of words.  The existing site along Jefferson that was newly discovered to have LTE operational.

Robert

• Like 1

Is it just that this site isn't as busy as other sites? The site on Tramway/Indian School has ALWAYS had speeds of 25+ almost the entire footprint. Could it be another reason because I've never pulled speeds like this at any tower in NM, yet this is one of the only LTE sites in the area. avujuhas.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it just that this site isn't as busy as other sites? The site on Tramway/Indian School has ALWAYS had speeds of 25+ almost the entire footprint. Could it be another reason because I've never pulled speeds like this at any tower in NM, yet this is one of the only LTE sites in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the density in that area is much lower. Also, given the demographics of that area, I bet it has a much higher Verizon customer count. Makes sense that will be one of the better performing sites in the area.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Just tried a speedtest on Sensorly near the Jefferson/Masthead intersection, couldn't get one to run successfully, kept getting a "failed to connect to xxx.xx.xxx.xx within 5000ms or something like that.  Still, was surprised to make an LTE connection at all.  

Hmm. That was my experience the other day as well.  It might be the tower is already overloaded as it is the only tower by it with LTE. 

Probably not.  One 5MHz LTE carrier is as wide as four EVDO carriers.  And no ABQ site has four EVDO carriers.  The highest capacity sites have three, that I have seen.  So since the site would likely have three EVDO carriers and one LTE carrier running at the same time, it's not likely to be completely overburdened to the point it will not work at all.

There is likely just a problem with the site.

Robert

Probably not. One 5MHz LTE carrier is as wide as four EVDO carriers. And no ABQ site has four EVDO carriers. The highest capacity sites have three, that I have seen. So since the site would likely have three EVDO carriers and one LTE carrier running at the same time, it's not likely to be completely overburdened to the point it will not work at all.

There is likely just a problem with the site.

Robert

I will run by that area in the morning and rerun a quick speed test and see if it has improved.
  • Like 1

I'm guessing it's just spooling up and in acceptance now.  Good things to come.  Even better, I was able to map some LTE coverage from Southern and Unser nearly all the way to Paseo via Golf Course.  LTE in Rio Rathole is something I've never seen.  Maybe one day, even the folks at the Sprint call center on Sprint BLVD will actually see LTE?  Ha!  Ironic that would be.

• Like 2

Ask and ye shall receive

y4eqyta5.jpg

server was in Taos

I had to do a double take. At first I thought you said you got Sprint LTE in Taos. :lol:

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1