Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

Damn! Pulling 32 DL here in D need. Sucks to be me, because in Albuquerque I have been getting slower and slower speeds ever since the amazing first few days of LTE goodness.

Do you really need that? All over Albuquerque I have been getting between 6 and 15 Meg's down which is what sprint markets band 25 speeds. Anything over 3 or 4 you don't even notice a difference.

• Like 2

Near Indigo Crow on Corrales Rd.

I know your speeds are good and signal is low but I have to assume they are testing that site that you connected to as your ping is usually high.

Edit. Nevermind based on a review of a map where you are at.

I know your speeds are good and signal is low but I have to assume they are testing that site that you connected to as your ping is usually high.

Yes, the ping is poop, but I'm just amazed to get anything in Corrales, it's been notoriously bad in this area forever.

Sprint has definitely improved. I only lost signal for a short time between Denver and Albuquerque. The 5-7 I get at home, as pointed out, are more than sufficient. I've had many (justified ).complaints about Sprint, but, they have gotten MUCH better.

Sprint has definitely improved. I only lost signal for a short time between Denver and Albuquerque. The 5-7 I get at home, as pointed out, are more than sufficient. I've had many (justified ).complaints about Sprint, but, they have gotten MUCH better.

I am with you about complaints. If you lived in abq, pain was everywhere. I am slightly surprised that band 26 isn't turned on yet. That will help capacity and speeds. Also I have already found permits for band 41 equipment that Nokia will be installing which will go much faster than NV 1.0. Band 41 will be the peak speeds that you are looking for. Yet again, I personally don't care for the speeds but capacity.

Psh, complaining about slow LTE... No consideration for the 3G"1x"ers.

Saw crews working on a couple towers but can't be sure if they were working on tmo( that deployed LTE in 2 weeks) on one tower or putting tmo attennas on the other next to the sprint ones like the previous on the other tower. Hopefully there is some movement in the south

Does anyone know how a site like this one runs vs. The site when the ruu's are up with the panels.?

There is a slight radio loss on the longer run from the ground mounted RRU to the panels.  But given these are typically used in tighter urban spacing environments, the final effect is virtually zero.

Robert

There is a slight radio loss on the longer run from the ground mounted RRU to the panels. But given these are typically used in tighter urban spacing environments, the final effect is virtually zero.

Robert

Good to know. Thank you.

I don't understand the could be worse part? That is about Sprint's advertised speeds for Band 25?

It's actually above!  I can't wait to have that experience on AT&T in my neck of the woods.  So close I can taste it!

Robert

• Like 1

It's actually above! I can't wait to have that experience on AT&T in my neck of the woods. So close I can taste it!

Robert

Around town I am in the advertised speeds, but journal center I can't even hit a meg all day. Band 41 can't come soon enough.

I was just saying it could be 3G still. I was impressed. Ping isn't great though

I would agree with the ping slightly high. Would make me believe that it has not been optimized. However if those speeds are coming at you at this time of day, feel blessed.

I would agree with the ping slightly high. Would make me believe that it has not been optimized. However if those speeds are coming at you at this time of day, feel blessed.

If only I had more reason to be in that part of town more often. Was only stopping for gas

Around town I am in the advertised speeds, but journal center I can't even hit a meg all day. Band 41 can't come soon enough.

Adding B25 to all the sites and overlaying B26 will provide a good experience throughout the ABQ metro that will bring advertised speeds or better.  Sprint lost so many customers in NM, B25/B26 will perform decently when coverage is more uniform.  B41 will just be gravy on top!

Robert

Adding B25 to all the sites and overlaying B26 will provide a good experience throughout the ABQ metro that will bring advertised speeds or better. Sprint lost so many customers in NM, B25/B26 will perform decently when coverage is more uniform. B41 will just be gravy on top!

Robert

i agree. For journal center there is one tower across the interstate that would help. In addition b26. However, NM seems to be stuck on rebranding.

I was in San Angelo Tx last month. They have been covered in LTE for several months. Speeds were not very good and signal strength seemed poor. Was not there long enough to do any trouble shooting, so not sure if it was my N5 or location.