Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

I didn't want to sound like I was complaining, earlier... Things have definitely improved. I guess I am just worried that the Albuquerque roll out will be as slow as... Well you know what I mean. I will take 3 mbps with a smile. You don't really need more.

• Like 2

I didn't want to sound like I was complaining, earlier... Things have definitely improved. I guess I am just worried that the Albuquerque roll out will be as slow as... Well you know what I mean. I will take 3 mbps with a smile. You don't really need more.

Realistically I see speeds improving when more towers come live. In addition, band 26 will definitely help for added capacity.

Band 26? ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Well for those who have it. I know you and your nexus want band 41. No answer when that will be.

Also have you and your wife determined where you will land after school?

Well for those who have it. I know you and your nexus want band 41. No answer when that will be.

Also have you and your wife determined where you will land after school?

No we haven't yet. Idaho Falls is still on the table, but so are Sandia, Los Alamos, D.C., and another job in S.C.. Big decisions to make here soon.

No we haven't yet. Idaho Falls is still on the table, but so are Sandia, Los Alamos, D.C., and another job in S.C.. Big decisions to make here soon.

That is the most exciting part! Congrats to both of you.

I also have determined that I am in need of a Spark phone. i am heading to new york next week and I really want to try it out.

Nexus 5 is a great phone :) Maybe some G2's on Craigslist?

I also have determined that I am in need of a Spark phone. i am heading to new york next week and I really want to try it out.

I could sell you the nexus 5 I tried out for a couple of weeks. Decided to come back to iphone afterward.

Still ongoing. I am also getting brief, but unusable LTE signals. I drove by the site near montgomery/eubank and could not pull a signal from it and there was no work truck there.

lets hope for another acceptance soon.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I am really enjoying having LTE around good parts of the south part of the city.

now we need some lte in the SW part of town

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Traveling on business in Atlanta really is showing how amazing Sprint is going to be. Consistently 12-30 Mbps on band 25! Even during the sessions and keynotes with 17,000 teenagers on their phones in the downtown Dome! Can't wait until that is in Albuquerque!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey NM whats up? Im up in Denver and will be traveling down to Hatch and then up too Red river. Im wondering what the coverage is like away from I25? Just wondering if 1x800 is working on the 3g accepted sites down there and how far has anyone received signal from it. Thanks allot for any information. 

Hey NM whats up? Im up in Denver and will be traveling down to Hatch and then up too Red river. Im wondering what the coverage is like away from I25? Just wondering if 1x800 is working on the 3g accepted sites down there and how far has anyone received signal from it. Thanks allot for any information.

Once you get north of Española, you'll be roaming. Taos, Questa, Red River, Angel Fire and Eagles Nest are all roaming on VZW or Commnet. Sprint coverage around ABQ and Santa Fe is great. However, 3G performance is hit or miss in the city.

Rural 3G performance in New Mexico on Sprint is marvelous almost everywhere. So south of ABQ to Hatch should be very good. But I rarely went south of ABQ. But I remember it being only within 10 miles of I-25 each side at maximum.

There is a little CDMA 800 in ABQ and Espanola, but not a lot yet. Maybe others have some more pertinent info for you.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Once you get north of Española, you'll be roaming. Taos, Questa, Red River, Angel Fire and Eagles Nest are all roaming on VZW or Commnet. Sprint coverage around ABQ and Santa Fe is great. However, 3G performance is hit or miss in the city.

Rural 3G performance in New Mexico on Sprint is marvelous almost everywhere. So south of ABQ to Hatch should be very good. But I rarely went south of ABQ. But I remember it being only within 10 miles of I-25 each side at maximum.

There is a little CDMA 800 in ABQ and Espanola, but not a lot yet. Maybe others have some more pertinent info for you.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Robert. I  GPS is what im concerned about the most but I think my buddies have at&t and tmo so we will see who gets data and not.  We will figure it out if we need too.Obviously we wont be using our phones that much while riding.

So I will post when I get 800 cdma for everyone. I think we are taking 285 down mostly through Colorado and that looks like I will roam there. Data is my only problem. Its all good either way. This wil be a fun ride. I will keep this thread up to date on anything I find.

Thanks again Robert. 

Are you still very busy or has it mellowed out for you?

Thanks Robert. I GPS is what im concerned about the most but I think my buddies have at&t and tmo so we will see who gets data and not. We will figure it out if we need too.Obviously we wont be using our phones that much while riding.

So I will post when I get 800 cdma for everyone. I think we are taking 285 down mostly through Colorado and that looks like I will roam there. Data is my only problem. Its all good either way. This wil be a fun ride. I will keep this thread up to date on anything I find.

Thanks again Robert.

Are you still very busy or has it mellowed out for you?

I'm still really busy. On 285, there is no Sprint from 30 miles past the 470 until Española, NM. I've driven that road many times. Nice drive though and VZW roaming works well.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm still really busy. On 285, there is no Sprint from 30 miles past the 470 until Española, NM. I've driven that road many times. Nice drive though and VZW roaming works well.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ok thanks Robert. I cant wait for this trip. So I will post if i get any 800 hits. 

I noticed a couple guys working on the sprint tower off highway 70 in north east las cruces. Hopefully that is a good sign, but I've seen them there a few times already with no progress. Of course the workers can adjust antennas all day long but LTE won't be there without CL fiber...

• Like 1