Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

It is a feeder site to another site that does not have fiber.  Maybe the site out by Holloman?  Or maybe the WiMax site or one of the old iDEN sites in the area.  Which way is the microwave radome pointed?

I will check that out tomorrow. I am pretty sure there is fiber out at the Holloman tower. I can seen the warning signs along the Hwy. and the pings are pretty good out there. either way it is nice to see continuing upgrading around here. I hope B26 comes soon. Too many areas you are dropping to 3G/1X when you go inside.

• Like 1

It is a feeder site to another site that does not have fiber. Maybe the site out by Holloman? Or maybe the WiMax site or one of the old iDEN sites in the area. Which way is the microwave radome pointed?

They have it pointed at the holloman tower direction. I will check that tower for one also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They have it pointed at the holloman tower direction. I will check that tower for one also.

They may have chose not to run fiber there because they cost to upgrade it was too high from the backhaul vendor.  Thanks for the field reporting.  Good stuff.  :thx:

They may have chose not to run fiber there because they cost to upgrade it was too high from the backhaul vendor.  Thanks for the field reporting.  Good stuff.   :thx:

You are correct sir,. Holloman tower has got a dish also. Hope that means LTE should come soon to this tower.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday, 6/1/2015, CABQ approved a permit for the tower that is already NV complete and is broadcasting B25 and B26.

Interesting the value is for $10K. I wonder if they will be replacing the panels for tri-band. The contractor is MASTEC NETWORK SOLUTIONS LLC. Permit #201590702.

• Like 2

Yesterday, 6/1/2015, CABQ approved a permit for the tower that is already NV complete and is broadcasting B25 and B26.

Interesting the value is for $10K. I wonder if they will be replacing the panels for tri-band. The contractor is MASTEC NETWORK SOLUTIONS LLC. Permit #201590702.

Looks like a tower I'm going to start really paying attention to!

CJ

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Which site is it? What type of tower structure is it?

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

Where are you searching for permits at?

Which site is it? What type of tower structure is it?

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

Watching which forum I am in, it is at Wyoming and Osuna. This was on the B41 schedule a long time ago to get B41 (none of ABQ has B41 so not hurt there).

It is a monopole in the back of the Lutheran church there.

Where are you searching for permits at?

I don't want to disclose me secrets!!!!! Just kidding.

https://www.cabq.gov/planning/developers/forms/building-forms-and-reports

This website shows all the queries you can run.  I use post 2008 for new construction and Commercial Alterations. The one i found was in Commercial Alterations.

I don't want to disclose me secrets!!!!! Just kidding.

https://www.cabq.gov/planning/developers/forms/building-forms-and-reports

This website shows all the queries you can run.  I use post 2008 for new construction and Commercial Alterations. The one i found was in Commercial Alterations.

hahaha! So I was looking at the right page, just didn't use the correct database.

hahaha! So I was looking at the right page, just didn't use the correct database.

There is also a Farmington page that I track but they only put up the list of approved permits monthly. Roswell is the same.

I can't figure out SAnta Fe and El Paso is just a confusing site to go through.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ran into a crew down here in Alamogordo doing the b26 upgrade. For our sole tower. Hope it helps with speed. Data speeds have been below 2mb down and less then 1mb up.

Ran into a crew down here in Alamogordo doing the b26 upgrade. For our sole tower. Hope it helps with speed. Data speeds have been below 2mb down and less then 1mb up.

It should help. Depending on how prevalent Triband devices are in your market, it may double the speeds. B41 is where the heavy lifting comes in. We haven't seen any B41 in the ABQ market, yet.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

59305e7c7767f8f8242eaa1202681075.jpg

I ran into a guy working on the base cabinet awhile back. He said he was upgrading it for 2500 LTE. He told me the next step would be an antenna crew come in and do an install. That was about six months ago. This crew said they only did 800 LTE. Why not 800 voice?

59305e7c7767f8f8242eaa1202681075.jpg

I ran into a guy working on the base cabinet awhile back. He said he was upgrading it for 2500 LTE. He told me the next step would be an antenna crew come in and do an install. That was about six months ago. This crew said they only did 800 LTE. Why not 800 voice?

800 voice was installed with 1900 voice at the RBS. The 800 RRU up on the tower does CDMA voice and LTE. Don't worry. When they fire up 800,there, you'll get CDMA 800 and LTE 800.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Jut got back from a day trip throughout northern NM with my friend on T-Mobile. I am really impressed with T-Mobile there. Consistently there was 4G and Edge in places like Mora, parts of Angel Fire, and even LTE all over Taos. Everywhere else, (between towns), they had roaming on Comnet 3G. Sprint had Extended 1x the entire time. Speeds were okay for him while roaming, (3-1mbps), whereas 50% unusable for me. It is a little better for me, since when I did have data, my roaming limit is 300MB and T-Mobile is 100MB. Just what we experienced. We both have iPhone 6's, so T-Mobile's b12 didn't apply here, even though I don't think they have any deployed here. There are so many old Nextel sites in the area, hopefully in the future Sprint will take advantage of those spaces.

Jut got back from a day trip throughout northern NM with my friend on T-Mobile. I am really impressed with T-Mobile there. Consistently there was 4G and Edge in places like Mora, parts of Angel Fire, and even LTE all over Taos. Everywhere else, (between towns), they had roaming on Comnet 3G. Sprint had Extended 1x the entire time. Speeds were okay for him while roaming, (3-1mbps), whereas 50% unusable for me. It is a little better for me, since when I did have data, my roaming limit is 300MB and T-Mobile is 100MB. Just what we experienced. We both have iPhone 6's, so T-Mobile's b12 didn't apply here, even though I don't think they have any deployed here. There are so many old Nextel sites in the area, hopefully in the future Sprint will take advantage of those spaces.

I agree. I wish sprint would get all those nextel sites. There are like ten north of Espanola. Remember though, commnet is a CCA member. I am hoping they launch lte and roaming.

Sent from my iPhone 6 64GB using Tapatalk

Edited by S4GRU
Edited quote

Wonder what the hold up on these remaining sites?

Exactly. Everywhere else I go, Sprint is really killing it, but it still struggles throughout NM. I hope whatever is holding us back is coming to an end.

Exactly. Everywhere else I go, Sprint is really killing it, but it still struggles throughout NM. I hope whatever is holding us back is coming to an end.

I go and test 3G only sites all the time. Most if not all out of Abq are hitting 2 Megs. I have a feeling a lot of subscribers left. Santa for LTE in the square is awesome. I pull 20mb consistently when I am there for work. Band 26 hasn't even popped up yet. Crazy.

However I have to think they will be finished in the next 9 months.

• Like 2

I go and test 3G only sites all the time. Most if not all out of Abq are hitting 2 Megs. I have a feeling a lot of subscribers left. Santa for LTE in the square is awesome. I pull 20mb consistently when I am there for work. Band 26 hasn't even popped up yet. Crazy.

However I have to think they will be finished in the next 9 months.

Notice that too, well more of being able to use data on 3G now then before. From what I was told about 4 months ago was that the flag pole sites were still waiting for the back haul provider to come in and once that's done, they said they will be done real quick. I still hope this is true still. 

To Sprint: If you like, hire me as your butt kicker for the ABQ market.  :lol:

• Like 2

I was driving by this site a few minutes ago, and there is a couple of people there. The fence was open and they had a tarp covering all of the cabinets and they were all eating lunch. I didn't have time to stop other then to drive by, but it was the MasTec engineering truck, with a trailer that had tons of equipment in it. I'll try to stop by again, but I might not be able to today. Good news hopefully!

• Like 2