Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

If it was UNR, then that would be tough for me. But being from Northern Nevada, I can't stand the rebels. I will be rooting for the Lobos all the way!!!

Robert

Hahaha

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

If it was UNR, then that would be tough for me. But being from Northern Nevada, I can't stand the rebels. I will be rooting for the Lobos all the way!!!

2886251974_b3c2c7d587.jpg

Robert

So a lobo is a spanish speak wolf? :D

So a lobo is a spanish speak wolf? :D

Yes, wolves "howl." Lobos "jaul."

AJ

• Like 1

I found the perfect job for you Robert! Pays pretty well.

http://www.bullhornr...-albuquerque-nm

I'm qualified to do that except this one thing:

Minimum seven years of practical field experience working with 500+ site builds

However, I have enough equivalent experience that it wouldn't be a big deal. However, notice the end date of the position is 8/2/2013. Does that mean they believe that they will be substantially complete in this area by August?

Robert

However, I have enough equivalent experience that it wouldn't be a big deal. However, notice the end date of the position is 8/2/2013. Does that mean they believe that they will be substantially complete in this area by August?

Robert

I saw the same thing. Maybe installs will be quite easy. The whole ABQ market is getting to the best time of year for weather. No rain. Sun all day. Hopefully no more wind.

I saw the same thing. Maybe installs will be quite easy. The whole ABQ market is getting to the best time of year for weather. No rain. Sun all day. Hopefully no more wind.

We will start thunderstorm season here in the north by the end of June. Maybe they should start up here, first? :P

Robert

• Like 1

Robert

• Like 2

Robert

I spoke to a sprint store and asked the guy who was working and I asked if he knew when ABQ is getting LTE. He said that Sprint will launch by August or September 2013. And that workers have been coming in the past months to put on LTE antenas. Every thing is ready all that is needed is the computer set up. He also said that you can spot LTE signals around ABQ

I spoke to a sprint store and asked the guy who was working and I asked if he knew when ABQ is getting LTE. He said that Sprint will launch by August or September 2013. And that workers have been coming in the past months to put on LTE antenas. Every thing is ready all that is needed is the computer set up. He also said that you can spot LTE signals around ABQ

Unfortunately, the Sprint store employee is misinformed. Only GMO sites have been worked on to date. Full build sites with LTE are just starting and none are near ready yet. And there is no LTE signals that can be spotted around ABQ yet. But it is exciting that they are starting now. Thanks for your report and welcome to S4GRU. :tu:

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I can't believe that worker told you that. What a lying slime ball. Sorry, that just makes me mad when people try to take advantage of the customer by lying.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I can't believe that worker told you that. What a lying slime ball. Sorry, that just makes me mad when people try to take advantage of the customer by lying.

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence."

AJ

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Work being done in Las Cruces. I assume this is sprint since it is at the site on the map. This is good news since I live fairly close to this tower. Not sure when they will upgrade the boxes, but im keeping an eye out.

IMAG1868.jpg

IMAG1867.jpg

Work being done in Las Cruces. I assume this is sprint since it is at the site on the map. This is good news since I live fairly close to this tower. Not sure when they will upgrade the boxes, but im keeping an eye out.

It's hard to tell on my tablet, but the panel appeared to have Ericsson RRU's attached. Which site in Cruces is it? I may come down and check it out.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Im sure it was the horrible phone pic and not your tablet... from alb, take the Alamogordo/Main St. exit and head east. take the Roadrunner exit and use the U-turn lane and it will be right there on your right. its on a hill with soft sand so i wouldn't try to drive up to it.

EP03AL031

32.35750171862462, -106.75916653070291,

4201-4275 Bataan Memorial, Las Cruces, NM 88012, USA

I would try and see what else is happening, but im working mids with no time to scout...

• Like 1

Im sure it was the horrible phone pic and not your tablet... from alb, take the Alamogordo/Main St. exit and head east. take the Roadrunner exit and use the U-turn lane and it will be right there on your right. its on a hill with soft sand so i wouldn't try to drive up to it.

EP03AL031

32.35750171862462, -106.75916653070291,

4201-4275 Bataan Memorial, Las Cruces, NM 88012, USA

I would try and see what else is happening, but im working mids with no time to scout...

Thanks for the report! :tu:

Robert

Strife. I live right off of Roadrunner near this tower as well. I do notice pretty good 3G speeds near this tower compared to others in Las Cruces.

Hopefully the El Paso/ Las Cruces with have 4G LTE soon.

I found a full build site in Farmington, NM today. It's near the corner of East Main and Browning Pkwy, directly behind the Sprint store.

It looks complete to me. Three RRU's per sector. The site only has Sprint and a Clearwire WiMax protection site present (bottom rack).

I ran into a gal who worked at the Sprint store and she said she saw workers there the last two weeks, so she assumes they're done. Clearwire definitely has AAV backhaul present since their site went live here in early 2011. So this may end up being the first LTE site to go live in the ABQ market. No LTE signal present at the moment.

Either way, it's nice to finally confirm full build activity for myself in Northern half of the state. Woohoo!!!

If they're working in Clovis, Farmington and El Paso, then they're pretty much working the whole market. Keep your eye peeled in Albuquerque!

uploadfromtaptalk1369248556547.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1369248576958.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1369248591377.jpg

• Like 5

I found a full build site in Farmington, NM today. It's near the corner of East Main and Browning Pkwy, directly behind the Sprint store.

It looks complete to me. Three RRU's per sector. The site only has Sprint and a Clearwire WiMax protection site present (bottom rack).

I ran into a gal who worked at the Sprint store and she said she saw workers there the last two weeks, so she assumes they're done. Clearwire definitely has AAV backhaul present since their site went live here in early 2011. So this may end up being the first LTE site to go live in the ABQ market. No LTE signal present at the moment.

Either way, it's nice to finally confirm full build activity for myself in Northern half of the state. Woohoo!!!

If they're working in Clovis, Farmington and El Paso, then they're pretty much working the whole market. Keep your eye peeled in Albuquerque!

uploadfromtaptalk1369248556547.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1369248576958.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1369248591377.jpg

I can't like this post more than once. Will keep an eye out on my way back from Gallup tomorrow.

• Like 1

I kept my eyes up and look what I found! Might be the first full build found in Albuquerque. Site is at Cesar Chavez and Yale. Saw a crane dropping new cabinets into the enclosed fence area. Also, I was right next to the tower and had zero signal, so I assume it was Sprint. Check the pictures and let me know if you want me to go back later once it is cleared to get more pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 2

I kept my eyes up and look what I found! Might be the first full build found in Albuquerque. Site is at Cesar Chavez and Yale. Saw a crane dropping new cabinets into the enclosed fence area. Also, I was right next to the tower and had zero signal, so I assume it was Sprint. Check the pictures and let me know if you want me to go back later once it is cleared to get more pictures.

Excellent find!  That's right down the street from my Albuquerque office.  I will be down there next week to check on the progress. Thanks for the report!

Robert

• Like 1

Excellent find! That's right down the street from my Albuquerque office. I will be down there next week to check on the progress. Thanks for the report!

Robert

should I put it in the in progress thread so it gets marked, or can you take care of that?