Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

It is a good question and one that I share with you. I don't know what's the benefit of doing this is. My legacy site works just fine. And this is not going to improve its performance any anyways.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Thinking through this more, maybe for 1xAdvanced? Although, I doubt capacity is an issue.

Robert, so this means no LTE for El Paso TX?

No, that is not what it means. This doesn't apply to all towers, just the ones that have ground mount RRUs at this time. Towers that are capable of receiving the full NV upgrade, as well as adequate backhaul will still have LTE.

<br /><br />No, that is not what it means. This doesn't apply to all towers, just the ones that have ground mount RRUs at this time. Towers that are capable of receiving the full NV upgrade, as well as adequate backhaul will still have LTE.

And it is not all Ground Mount sites. Just all the ones the guy I talked to have been to. There are indeed GMO sites that are getting LTE. No one needs to be concerned unless they live in El Valle de Arroyo Seco, New Mexico at this time.

It means no LTE for these ground mount sites until at least late 2014. That kind of sucks. I hope they will actually return to these sites for upgrades.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

That's not true. There are GMO's with LTE installed now. Its just true of my site. I could have one of the 100 sites. We will see.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

Next question should be' date=' are the "in progress" sites in ABQ need to be changed? Do they fit into the definition on Network Vision?[/quote']

No. They will still be marked In Progress and when they are accepted they will be marked red with 3G on the map. Many GMO sites will get LTE. But not mine now.

This is still a Network Vision upgrade and we track all NV upgrades. The LTE can be installed very quickly and easily when the backhaul arrives. It's not the end of the world, it just means LTE is not being installed now at my site with the work that is presently being done.

No. They will still be marked In Progress and when they are accepted they will be marked red with 3G on the map. Many GMO sites will get LTE. But not mine now.

This is still a Network Vision upgrade and we track all NV upgrades. The LTE can be installed very quickly and easily when the backhaul arrives. It's not the end of the world, it just means LTE is not being installed now at my site with the work that is presently being done.

That sucks that your site isn't getting LTE right now. There has to be a very good reason as to why. Maybe the backhaul was going to be too high to justify the cost for right now, or they are piping it in from a different company than Windstream.

Or he's just the only sprint customer in the area and it's not worth it for them to upgrade it just for him ... :wall:

I may be the only Sprint customer on my sector.

That sucks that your site isn't getting LTE right now. There has to be a very good reason as to why. Maybe the backhaul was going to be too high to justify the cost for right now, or they are piping it in from a different company than Windstream.

Yeah. Verizon has LTE on my site. Their backhaul is microwave aimed toward Los Alamos.

• 2 months later...

I read this morning that El Paso is now on the Sprint LTE Coming Soon list. So this means the Albuquerque market full build sites are starting. A happy day for us here in New Mexico. And yes, New Mexicans consider El Paso ours. ;)

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 4

I read this morning that El Paso is now on the Sprint LTE Coming Soon list. So this means the Albuquerque market full build sites are starting. A happy day for us here in New Mexico. And yes, New Mexicans consider El Paso ours. ;)

Okay, but if you New Mexicans want to claim El Paso, you also have to take Ciudad Juarez in a package deal. Good luck with that. Hope you brought your nunchuks and Kevlar.

:P

AJ

Okay, but if you New Mexicans want to claim El Paso, you also have to take Ciudad Juarez in a package deal. Good luck with that. Hope you brought your nunchuks and Kevlar.

:P

AJ

Never!!!

I'm not sure I want to claim el paso... ;)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I know what you mean. However, I claim their LTE network! It's in my market, after all... :hee:

Robert

I just saw an Ericsson truck at the tower located at Yale and Caesar Chavez in abq! We might have something!

EDIT: Or it could be non-NV related maintenance since it was only an Erricson truck. I really hope not.

I just saw an Ericsson truck at the tower located at Yale and Caesar Chavez in abq! We might have something!

Question: is Ericsson or a subcontractor performing the work. I have been confused about that for a while.

EDIT: Or it could be non-NV related maintenance since it was only an Erricson truck. I really hope not.

Well that got butchered.

I understood haha. My understanding is that Ericsson is the supplier for our region. I was under the impression that Ericsson was running the NV operations for NM, but was hiring out the actual tower workers to install the equipment. I'm sure Robert will chime in and clear up that aspect. It could be that the Ericsson employee was checking out the site for work that is about to begin (I'm hoping for that!) or I think I may have heard that Ericsson is responsible for non-NV related maintenance on legacy equipment (I'm hoping it is not that!). Either way, I will run by the site again later and see if anything looks new.

I stop at that 7-11 at Yale and Chavez all the time. Also, I eat at the Quarters there occasionally. Not good BBQ, but convenient to my ABQ office.

Anywho...Ericsson could be at the site for NV related stuff or maintenance. The ABQ market is assigned to Ericsson for both. Keep an eye out for activity. ;)

I stopped by this site the other day and didn't see anything noteworthy. I will be back on Saturday for the UNM/UNLV baseball game and will check it out then again.

I stopped by this site the other day and didn't see anything noteworthy. I will be back on Saturday for the UNM/UNLV baseball game and will check it out then again.

Talk about a conflict of interest. Which team to choose? Lol. UNLV or UNM?

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Talk about a conflict of interest. Which team to choose? Lol. UNLV or UNM?

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

If it was UNR, then that would be tough for me. But being from Northern Nevada, I can't stand the rebels. I will be rooting for the Lobos all the way!!!

2886251974_b3c2c7d587.jpg

Robert