Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

just does not make sense to have all these ground mounted areas. Seems every tower all the way to cruces along the highway is.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I wonder what Phoenix and Tucson markets look like as well. If they are concerned about the wind in ABQ market they must be concerned there as well?

Edit: I feel like this should be a no brainer for the ABQ market just do to the size of the market.

just does not make sense to have all these ground mounted areas. Seems every tower all the way to cruces along the highway is.

Most of these interstate sites are guyed towers. However, Sprint was able to deploy NV panels and RRU's on most of the guyed sites in Kansas. I think it comes down to an ultra conservative engineer here. That's my guess.

Robert

Most of these interstate sites are guyed towers. However, Sprint was able to deploy NV panels and RRU's on most of the guyed sites in Kansas. I think it comes down to an ultra conservative engineer here. That's my guess.

Robert

We need to pay this engineer a visit. Maybe he doesn't have Sprint, if he did he would be less conservative ;)

I think it comes down to an ultra conservative engineer here.

Hmm, then we need to send that engineer to Cal-Berkeley for some continuing education.

;)

AJ

• Like 4

I wonder what Phoenix and Tucson markets look like as well. If they are concerned about the wind in ABQ market they must be concerned there as well? Edit: I feel like this should be a no brainer for the ABQ market just do to the size of the market.

I just checked the Phoenix and Tucson/Yuma markets. They do not have any Ground Mount RRU's noted. They just have No 800 sites in the International boundary zone.

Robert

Hmm, then we need to send that engineer to Cal-Berkeley for some continuing education. ;) AJ

For some re-engineering? :lol:

Robert

• Like 3

I would think Sprint corporate would wonder why nm seems to be an anomaly with ground mounts. I move that we start a petition (once all the sites are done). ;)

• Like 1

For some re-engineering? :lol:

Yes, a liberal dose of it.

AJ

• Like 1

I just checked the Phoenix and Tucson/Yuma markets. They do not have any Ground Mount RRU's noted. They just have No 800 sites in the International boundary zone.

Robert

Is engineering performed by Ericsson or is it performed by Sprint in KC?

I would assume it would be performed by someone by Ericsson but you know what happens when you assume. You are wrong.

Is engineering performed by Ericsson or is it performed by Sprint in KC?

I would assume it would be performed by someone by Ericsson but you know what happens when you assume. You are wrong.

There was a site visit to each site to do a site assessment before design work even started. An Ericsson rep and a Sprint rep did this assessment. They looked at each site and where and how cabinets, RRU's and panels would/could be installed. It was likely during site assessment that it was determined that they needed to go Ground Mount at these sites. Either because logistically it was too difficult to do anything but ground mount, or for structural reasons. But I disagree with a lot of their assessments.

Robert

a7uhupy3.jpg

y4e6ybap.jpg

Here is the site I saw the van at. I didn't see new panels or rrus, can anyone tell by the cabinets? If it was nv, they could have been scoping out before starting work or it could be backhaul related

Here is the site I saw the van at. I didn't see new panels or rrus, can anyone tell by the cabinets? If it was nv, they could have been scoping out before starting work or it could be backhaul related

I see legacy Nortel cabinets for sure. But I'm not certain I see anything that looks like new Ericsson NV cabinets.

Robert

I see legacy Nortel cabinets for sure. But I'm not certain I see anything that looks like new Ericsson NV cabinets.

Robert

I didn't think I saw new cabinets based on the pictures of your site. I will go look again next weekend.

Robert

How is the Vegas Market for ground mounted RRU's?

How is the Vegas Market for ground mounted RRU's?

A picture is worth a thousand words:

<iframe frameborder="0" height="650" scrolling="no" src="http://batchgeo.com/map/156625d8a385c40678362b87e1baae86" style="border: 1px solid rgb(170, 170, 170);" width="100%"></iframe>

49 sites out of 415.

<iframe frameborder="0" height="650" scrolling="no" src="http://batchgeo.com/map/e8ba36e8e9763dfcb50e4b0e056db98e" style="border: 1px solid rgb(170, 170, 170);" width="100%"></iframe>

49 sites out of 415.

So that means those sites won't get LTE or just 800?

So that means those sites won't get LTE or just 800?

In the Sprint documents, they say that these sites with Ground Mount RRU's will not get 800MHz service. They do not address LTE at all. One of my concerns is that they may not replace the panels on these sites also, based on some other things I have seen lately. And if they do not replace the panels at these Ground Mount RRU sites,I'm thinking they may not get LTE either. I want to see some sites that are labelled Ground Mount RRU No 800 go live with LTE until I feel that is not the case.

Here are some permit drawings for a site in Florida: http://www.mywakulla...-12/SP12-16.pdf . In my docs it says that this is a "Ground Mount RRU - No 800" site. However, in the permit drawings, they call it "Ground Mount - No Touch". No Touch meaning they reuse the existing panels. And clearly it says in these drawings there is no LTE, just CDMA 1900.

Is this the way all Ground Mount No 800 sites will be? I don't know yet. But I'm concerned. There is a Shentel site in Mont Alto, PA that has ground mount RRU's and LTE. But Shentel may be an exception.

Robert

In the Sprint documents, they say that these sites with Ground Mount RRU's will not get 800MHz service. They do not address LTE at all. One of my concerns is that they may not replace the panels on these sites also, based on some other things I have seen lately. And if they do not replace the panels at these Ground Mount RRU sites,I'm thinking they may not get LTE either. I want to see some sites that are labelled Ground Mount RRU No 800 go live with LTE until I feel that is not the case. Robert

Yipes! So my trips to Vegas may just be EVDO only? :(

<iframe frameborder="0" height="650" scrolling="no" src="http://batchgeo.com/map/e8ba36e8e9763dfcb50e4b0e056db98e" style="border: 1px solid rgb(170, 170, 170);" width="100%"></iframe>

49 sites out of 415.

At least the ground mounted RRU and No 800 MHz sites are outside of the main city of Las Vegas. I just hope the remainder of the NV sties get 800 MHz and 1900 MHz LTE and CDMA.

At least the ground mounted RRU and No 800 MHz sites are outside of the main city of Las Vegas. I just hope the remainder of the NV sties get 800 MHz and 1900 MHz LTE and CDMA.

All of the towers covering Kingman are ground mount RRU's? If there will be no LTE there, then Sprint would in effect be lying about Network Vision covering their entire footprint. I hope that won't be the case.

Yipes! So my trips to Vegas may just be EVDO only? :(

They may be. I don't know yet. But I fear this may be the case. These rural sites need 800 service the most, though. I think most of the sites are more about ease of upgrade and cost. They could logistically upgrade most of the sites if they wanted.

Robert

• Like 1

All of the towers covering Kingman are ground mount RRU's? If there will be no LTE there, then Sprint would in effect be lying about Network Vision covering their entire footprint. I hope that won't be the case.

I just looked. There are sites in Kingman that are not on the map above.

Robert

The towers on Highway 160 between Pahrump and Vegas are perfectly spaced whether they get 1900 LTE or not, except for one spot on the Vegas side of the Spring Mountains, so I'm not worried, as long as backhaul gets upgraded.

In the Sprint documents, they say that these sites with Ground Mount RRU's will not get 800MHz service. They do not address LTE at all. One of my concerns is that they may not replace the panels on these sites also, based on some other things I have seen lately. And if they do not replace the panels at these Ground Mount RRU sites,I'm thinking they may not get LTE either. I want to see some sites that are labelled Ground Mount RRU No 800 go live with LTE until I feel that is not the case.

Here are some permit drawings for a site in Florida: http://www.mywakulla...-12/SP12-16.pdf . In my docs it says that this is a "Ground Mount RRU - No 800" site. However, in the permit drawings, they call it "Ground Mount - No Touch". No Touch meaning they reuse the existing panels. And clearly it says in these drawings there is no LTE, just CDMA 1900.

Is this the way all Ground Mount No 800 sites will be? I don't know yet. But I'm concerned. There is a Shentel site in Mont Alto, PA that has ground mount RRU's and LTE. But Shentel may be an exception.

Robert

Didn't Sprint officially say that they plan to touch and add LTE all 38,000 of its towers? If that is the case, this is not good news since they are clearly ignoring LTE on these ground mounted RRUs and using the legacy antennas. Why they are still using the legacy antennas instead of the NV antennas for these sites still boggles me. Sprint should just spend all the capital it can to upgrade every single tower site with future proof cell site equipment. I wish Softbank could have a say in it and force Sprint to spend the money to upgrade these ground mounted RRU sites.