Sensorly - New market deployements

I've run sensorly several times here both at work and home and made more than one trip from work to home with sensorly running during the trip, and practically nothing has shown up on the map. I have a strong data connection everywhere i'm at, and I see it supposedly sending messages, but I've got nothing more than a single faint spot to show up at home, and that's it (i probably had the phone sitting there running the app for a half hour or something). I hear people talking about how they drive around and map all the time, but this just doesn't seem to work for me?

Running a stock GS3 rooted.

Are you mapping 4g or 3g? 3g hardly works for me. 4g on the other hand works all the time for me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Whenever I click on the "Report" I always get "Error occured". I never seen it working.

I dont think the Legend help is working.

What is the difference between light and deep purple color on the map?

So what's the point of the test?

I use it for sanity check. Sometimes you say 'oh I got LTE here' or 'oh I dont have LTE here' and 'oh I wasnt sure I did have LTE here before' etc. So data dont lie. It is put in writing. You fate is seal. Get it?

Maybe the iOS solution is manual. Ask the user the number of bars and LTE/3G/. - seems kludgy, but would get better participation than a Cydia solution.

The RootMetrics app works on both iOS and Android and let's you test signal only or signal+data, so it IS possible.

Whenever I click on the "Report" I always get "Error occured". I never seen it working.

I dont think the Legend help is working.

What is the difference between light and deep purple color on the map?

Same thing for me.

Whenever I hit "Report", the loading circle appears and after a few seconds gives me the "an error has occurred" or something like that...

The RootMetrics app works on both iOS and Android and let's you test signal only or signal+data, so it IS possible.

RM might get signal strength from CTGetSignalStrength, which is undocumented.

I am not aware of an API call to differentiate between LTE & 3G and that data appears to be what Sensorly users like most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RM might get signal strength from CTGetSignalStrength, which is undocumented.

I am not aware of an API call to differentiate between LTE & 3G and that data appears to be what Sensorly users like most.

Not directly, but you can look at a specific hexagon (tap & hold then drop a pin) and see what the download speed was at that site.

• Like 1

I still can't get sensorly to record my area with data points. I've mapped them numerous times and nothing. I emailed sensorly and no support. I want to contribute but I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

I'm on stock gs3 (sph-L710). When I finish mapping the area, hit end and make sure I'm in an area with strong data so it can upload the results.

I still can't get sensorly to record my area with data points. I've mapped them numerous times and nothing. I emailed sensorly and no support. I want to contribute but I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

I'm on stock gs3 (sph-L710). When I finish mapping the area, hit end and make sure I'm in an area with strong data so it can upload the results.

if its for mapping 3g, it probably wont work (issues), but if for LTE, then make sure you dont have the setting for reporting on wifi only unless you only want it to upload while your on wifi

if its for mapping 3g, it probably wont work (issues), but if for LTE, then make sure you dont have the setting for reporting on wifi only unless you only want it to upload while your on wifi

That's exactly what it is. For 2g/3g. I have 2mbps speeds on 3g at my house,which is where I stop the mapping.

Is the details screen showing any points being recorded? Do you ever see it saying Sending and the points go down?

Are other people having problems with Sensorly? I am unable to connect to their web site on multiple computers using multiple browsers, nor on my GS3 using Dolphin. When I run the mapping app on my phone, it counts points (Yay! I'm getting tiny amounts of LTE on the south side of Crystal Lake, IL!), but never updates points on the map, nor does it appear to transmit results. Anyone have any insight???????

Are other people having problems with Sensorly? I am unable to connect to their web site on multiple computers using multiple browsers, nor on my GS3 using Dolphin. When I run the mapping app on my phone, it counts points (Yay! I'm getting tiny amounts of LTE on the south side of Crystal Lake, IL!), but never updates points on the map, nor does it appear to transmit results. Anyone have any insight???????

I would assume they are having a problem. I haven't been able to visit the site for a day now. I don't know if this would be affecting the upload of collected data or not.