Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

I don't think so, you have to get the baseband to cycle. Update profile, update prl, reboot, airplane mode all do this.

I was actually just turning Mobile Data off then on via Widget today anytime I lost the connection and it immediately connected back to 4g. Much faster than airplane mode.

I was actually just turning Mobile Data off then on via Widget today anytime I lost the connection and it immediately connected back to 4g. Much faster than airplane mode.

You may have incidentally caught your phone in the middle of the 5 minute LTE scan interval. As said above, the just cycling mobile data, whether manually or via the widget, does not recycle the baseband.

At least, I don't think it does. I'll go by the tower in NOLA East today and test it out and see what happens. The problem is, you can never tell where you're at in the middle of those 5 minute scans, so you have to do multiple tests inside a 5 minute window.

Going to be a slow week for anything with it raining everyday and crazy storms. They just can't catch a break and get any real work done with it raining every other day it seems for the past couple of weeks.

I just got word that a site in St. Bernard was inspected and accepted today.

Robert

Very cool. Thanks for keeping us up to date on things! Hope to hear about the others around my parts. Curious to see the coverage of one as even the PCS coverage is very odd. It only extends about 1 mile before you "fall off" of the sector and pick up another signal from a site 4+ miles away then travel another half mile then pick up a site about 2.5 miles away. You would have thought they would have adjusted that a bit. Curious to see if this changes when 3G goes active on it.

Sneaking in that one before the nasty stuff hits their area..

• Like 1

Very cool. Thanks for keeping us up to date on things! Hope to hear about the others around my parts. Curious to see the coverage of one as even the PCS coverage is very odd. It only extends about 1 mile before you "fall off" of the sector and pick up another signal from a site 4+ miles away then travel another half mile then pick up a site about 2.5 miles away. You would have thought they would have adjusted that a bit. Curious to see if this changes when 3G goes active on it.

Sneaking in that one before the nasty stuff hits their area..

Yuck! Nasty looking storm

Yuck! Nasty looking storm

Supposed to be like this till Thursday I think. Saw forecasts for 5 to 7 inches, at least it is over the next two days and not within a few hours like it sometimes is. Then we get to do it all over again on Sunday. Gotta love the wet 40 degree weather then crank it up to 80 the next day then back down to 40. Keeps the doctors busy and worst of all.. Keeps the tower crews on the ground.

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

Supposed to be like this till Thursday I think. Saw forecasts for 5 to 7 inches' date=' at least it is over the next two days and not within a few hours like it sometimes is. Then we get to do it all over again on Sunday. Gotta love the wet 40 degree weather then crank it up to 80 the next day then back down to 40. Keeps the doctors busy and worst of all.. Keeps the tower crews on the ground.

[/quote']

I'm glad I'm a desert rat. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

Thanks Robert, I think sprint has turned on LTE for St.Bernard area. I just was able to get LTE working on my Note 2 for a little bit.I think it was just a test though cause now I can't get the back to LTE. The download and uploads speeds were not the great but it was much faster than 3G speeds for sure. I used speedtest. net to get max down of 3.27 Mbps and up .29 Mbps. I hope in the morning its working. I'll be sure to map it on Sensorly.

Thanks Robert, I think sprint has turned on LTE for St.Bernard area. I just was able to get LTE working on my Note 2 for a little bit.I think it was just a test though cause now I can't get the back to LTE. The download and uploads speeds were not the great but it was much faster than 3G speeds for sure. I used speedtest. net to get max down of 3.27 Mbps and up .29 Mbps. I hope in the morning its working. I'll be sure to map it on Sensorly.

Yes and please go to your ##debug# dialer screen. The code is Sprint if you didn't know it. We are looking for the serving cell number in the lte engineering screen to identify the tower.

Serving cell: 52, It doesn't want stay connected to the site as LTE. Any ideas as to why Digiblur?

Could you take a screenshot?

Think you can do the power home thing or whatever it is or just enable the motion palm swipe.

Here is the Screenshot of LTE engineering screen.

Ahh... -117 RSRP there's your reason why it won't connect. That's a very poor LTE connection.

And without giving away sponsor information you're over 3 miles from the LTE enabled site which is pretty good that you are getting any signal at all.

Refer to this post: http://s4gru.com/ind...ignal-strength/

• Like 1

Yes, definitely a weak and distant signal for you. But it's good you're able to get a signal that far away. Very good.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just got word of two more sites being accepted today. One near Hammond, one along I-55 on the west shore. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/579-network-vision-site-map-new-orleans-memphis-gulf-coast-east-texas-mississippi-and-louisiana-markets/page__view__findpost__p__89357

Robert

• Like 5

Shocked that we are hearing about these due to all the rain. It's been raining non-stop for over 24 hours. Flooding in some areas. More rain to come. Might be a break Friday or so for then more coming again the next day or so after. Definitely a bad schedule for tower crews. A friend of mine works in construction and he's been sitting at home this week with no work.

Shocked that we are hearing about these due to all the rain. It's been raining non-stop for over 24 hours. Flooding in some areas. More rain to come. Might be a break Friday or so for then more coming again the next day or so after. Definitely a bad schedule for tower crews. A friend of mine works in construction and he's been sitting at home this week with no work.

If the hardware is complete do they actually have to be there to turn it on? I ask because I drove by the power blvd site about 2 hrs before we got the first 4g signal from it and there wasn't a soul around.

They are probably going live remotely huh?