Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

If you have a chance swing by the two active sites of LTE. I have them listed on the spreadsheet. Link is in the sponsor forum. Or you can look on the completed sites map. We need screenshots of the LTE engineering screens as I describe in my signature. Since you have an iphone we can get the HEX/DEC IDs we need.

This morning on my way to work I checked out the purple sensorly stripe on Seigen. My EVO LTE wasn't picking up anything other than 3G. It certainly wasn't coming from the Seigen/Burbank tower or the Bluebonnet Post Office. I did notice while on Seigen headed toward Burbank that because you are up on the Highland ridge (such as it is in south Louisiana) in the rearview mirror you have a clear line of sight basically all the way to the horizon which is right in line with the Old Hammond/Flannery tower. As far as that is, I suspect that is what was mapped by someone's Note2 and is showing up on sensorly.

The sprint store on bluebonnet swears this is there tower right behind their store... Doesn't look like it to me but like I said I'm new

My office is just down the street from this one. I've always been amused by the Sprint corporate store with the Verizon tower right next to it (the actual Sprint site is at the Post Office). Kind of like the Google aerial photo of the Sprint tower in New Orleans with the ATT truck clearly visible leaving the parking lot.

For those on the Nola Westbank, I'm getting LTE around the Behrman/Park Place area. It is showing on sensorly. There's also more information in the sponsors section.

You'll need to post pics of the LTE Engineering screens to verify the serving cell. Or since you are a sponsor I have the spreadsheet in that area with all the serving cells listed, site info, dates, coverage links, etc.

If you've found new serving cell IDs then please by all means let us know where so we can figure out which site is active. Would be pretty cool to see a 2nd wave firing up!

If you have a chance swing by the two active sites of LTE. I have them listed on the spreadsheet. Link is in the sponsor forum. Or you can look on the completed sites map. We need screenshots of the LTE engineering screens as I describe in my signature. Since you have an iphone we can get the HEX/DEC IDs we need.

I would be happy to stop by today, I know the link is in this forum somewhere back. Could you link to it again for me I know one is at Florida and N Sherwood

As per my friends who are working In New Orleans market 28 sites has been passed Network vision upgrade so far. Slowly but Speed getting picking up....

Thanks for the info! Tell your friends to keep it coming. The work and the info that is. lol.

I would be happy to stop by today, I know the link is in this forum somewhere back. Could you link to it again for me I know one is at Florida and N Sherwood

And the link to how to access the LTE engineering screens on your phone is: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2198-network-visionlte-new-orleans-market/page__view__findpost__p__90231

There are two sites in BR active. Sherwood & Florida and just Southeast of there, Old Hammond & Flannery. Pull up Sensorly and you can see the dark purple of exactly where it radiates.

Went by the Jefferson/Corporate site today to confirm the RRUs. Of course it was crappy overcast weather, worse day to be taking pictures. But I did find two problems with the site. No power/fiber cables to the RRUs. The pink plastic cap is still on the power side. Only the antenna leads and the RET module wire is hooked up. So it looks like basically the crew that mounts the RRUs and panels has been by. The wiring crew has not. I could not tell if there were any new basestation boxes as this is a VERY busy tower in terms of equipment. There was fresh set of orange paint lines and new fiber conduit ran to the service pole. Cox has fiber on this pole as well as an AT&T box here so I have no idea who the vendor would be.

I was able to hit many sites and check out the area, nothing else to report other than nothing changed at many sites.

NL03ME054_RACKS_C.JPG

NL03ME054_LEFT4%20_C.JPGNL03ME054_SERVICEPOLE_C.JPG

• Like 3

And the link to how to access the LTE engineering screens on your phone is: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2198-network-visionlte-new-orleans-market/page__view__findpost__p__90231

There are two sites in BR active. Sherwood & Florida and just Southeast of there, Old Hammond & Flannery. Pull up Sensorly and you can see the dark purple of exactly where it radiates.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360015708.096887.jpg

This is the location at the corner of Sherwood and Florida ( I hope that's what you were looking for

This is the location at s flannery and old Hammond

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360015840.682717.jpg

That's it. The cell identity IDs we didn't have. Had the 3 digit IDs. This will help us figure out when others say they have LTE somewhere in BR if it is a new site or not.

The EVO LTE shows the cell identity version in hex.

Sent from my little Note2

Awful quiet with the Westbank folks have a new deep purple track on Sensorly.

Waiting on confirmation of the LTE Engineering drive by.

Let me know when you all want some others, if I can't map then at least I can help somehow

Awful quiet with the Westbank folks have a new deep purple track on Sensorly.

Waiting on confirmation of the LTE Engineering drive by.

About to take a look at something and post my findings in the other thread, but yes I did a lot of mapping today. I love sensorly It's great resource especially for non-sponsors. Everyone should keep an eye on it because a lot of sites are getting mapped really quickly.

Went by the Jefferson/Corporate site today to confirm the RRUs. ... There was fresh set of orange paint lines and new fiber conduit ran to the service pole. Cox has fiber on this pole as well as an AT&T box here so I have no idea who the vendor would be.

I've been seeing an EATEL crew stringing lines up along Perkins in various areas between Bluebonnet to College. I assume it is fiber. Could they be the backhaul vendor? I know that several of the towers that Sprint is on in Gonzales and Prairieville are EATEL towers. Those towers look bare but for the legacy Sprint panels on them. I also seem to remember some deal that EATEL had with Light Squared http://www.fiercetel...ship/2011-11-28

Anyway, just stringing together some random bits of info.

EATEL was allowed to come into EBR a year or two ago for their triple play. So glad they were allowed to even though COX and ATT were banding together to stop them. They drug the Lafayette fiber project through the courts for years. Even pulled their call center out of Lafayette over it trying to sway people. I welcome the competition any day. I am jealous over LUS though with 100/100 speeds in between customers no matter what speed package you have. And no caps.

Let's see who can find the first 800SMR active site. There might be a couple of them around the area.

Yep. A new one accepted over in New Orleans East off US 90 with 4G and 800. Maybe the 800 is broadcasting?

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD